Bea

Bea

Sep 1, 2019
I have had my first experience with "losing" someone I met here. I knew it was coming, of course, as he already had his plan in place and was informed and ready. We only exchanged a few messages, but I quickly felt bonded with him (not romantically, just personally). He was practical yet insightful, an appealing combination to be sure. He did not take the decision lightly, as none of us should, and he had no patience with those he thought were flippant about it. He was outspoken and minced no words. I admired him for that so much. I almost felt as if I knew him.
I went away from the site for a couple of months and missed his last message to me. My heart wrenched open when I saw it tonight. I know he is finally free of pain, and I am so happy for him. But dammit, and as selfish as it is, I wish he was still here.
I am grateful, however, that in my last message to him, I made certain to say that I would miss him. I wanted to make sure he knew. And it's true; I do miss him. I miss him a great deal. I hope he recognized, while here, what a difference he made to me (and likely others, as well). RIP, my friend.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: The Dark Chaos, not-2-b-the-answer, HadEnough1974 and 9 others
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I know how you feel because I almost lost someone here. She had a failed attempt. Am I supposed to feel happy or sad that she survived? It's difficult. Thank you for sharing.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer