BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
So my relative gave me a Photoshop subscription along with my touchscreen laptop as a gift. I seriously thought I was gonna go back to digital art but I realized that I can't draw at all. I can't even cancel the subscription so I have to use it. I don't know how to get started in digital art please help :eh::eh::eh::eh::ehh::ehh:;-;;-; Art makes me stressed instead of relaxed because I can't draw

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame and mediocre
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Dont stress, rather then art itself why dont you do photo manipulation instead? Its what I do. Are you on deviant art?

Reactions: BlackPoppet and mediocre
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
Dont stress, rather then art itself why dont you do photo manipulation instead? Its what I do. Are you on deviant art?
The problem is idk what to do with photo manipulation like I can't decide where to get started like do I place a giant cat on top of a building
I quit deviant art a long time ago already

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Why don't you watch the tutorials on YouTube? I used to feel stressed as well when I first got photoshop but then I just took it one tutorial at a time and eventually I learned how to use it. I still can't do super advanced stuff tho but I'm still learning.
The problem is idk what to do with photo manipulation like I can't decide where to get started like do I place a giant cat on top of a building
I quit deviant art a long time ago already
What did you draw on deviantart?

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyYoda
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I havent done any manips for months kinda lost my want and will for it.
It is hard to find the motivation when you are struggling to even know where to begin.
Why not have a look at some tutorials then add your own twist to them?

Reactions: BabyYoda
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Anime/fanart stuff
How come you say you can't draw when you've drawn before?:) maybe you are just out of practice after a while. I think following tutorials will help or else just start fiddling around with photoshop on your own and figure out the tools. I just got a new ipad pro and I started using an app called Procreate I didn't know how the hell to use the thing but I started fiddling around with the brushes and drawing then I learnt how the brushes work. If you don't actually take action and start again you get stuck in a kind of writer's block. I've been there before:/

Reactions: BlackPoppet and BabyYoda
DeathNoot

DeathNoot

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I followed a lot of tutorials on photo manipulation when I first started, and then moved on to digital. I was trash at digital at the beginning, not that I'm great now. But I found the tutorials helped give me some ideas for original work :) I've been struggling with motivation to work on art myself so I feel you. Oh, I think someone told me once that if you have art block, quickly draw something you love. Even its something basic like, I dunno, watermelon. Good luck!

Reactions: BabyYoda and mediocre
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
How come you say you can't draw when you've drawn before?:) maybe you are just out of practice after a while. I think following tutorials will help or else just start fiddling around with photoshop on your own and figure out the tools. I just got a new ipad pro and I started using an app called Procreate I didn't know how the hell to use the thing but I started fiddling around with the brushes and drawing then I learnt how the brushes work. If you don't actually take action and start again you get stuck in a kind of writer's block. I've been there before:/
yes I've had writer's block for a while now, when it comes to poetry. I also write rap lyrics too. I get a day where I write and write...Then " boom" it's gone again. I can take photo's all day every day and then the depression will kick it self up a notch. Then I won't take pictures for week s
sorry for any typos...My device is playing up.

• Hugs
Reactions: BabyYoda, the box is empty and mediocre