• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
I was wondering what the differences between drowning in fresh and salt water are, for example drowning in a lake and drowning in an ocean or sea. How fast would death be from either of them? If I went to a sea and swam far away what would I have to do to ensure I drown considering that I know how to swim?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't think there is any difference bc drowning means basically suffocation due to inhaling water. maybe salt water feels a bit different to sweet water but in the end it's suffocation and inhaling water what you'll feel until you pass out.

In the case you are able to swim you will swim until you cannot swim anymore bc of exhaustion. That's an even longer an agonizing death imo.

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
I don't think there is any difference bc drowning means basically suffocation due to inhaling water. maybe salt water feels a bit different to sweet water but in the end it's suffocation and inhaling water what you'll feel until you pass out.

In the case you are able to swim you will swim until you cannot swim anymore bc of exhaustion. That's an even longer an agonizing death imo.
I know that drowning can be a fast death from what I've read, it can take a few minutes to die from it. If I do this then the thing that scares me the most is sharks, I wouldn't want to get attacked by one, that would be a problem. I'm not sure if the type of clothes you wear would matter as well. If I swim far away and inhale as much water as I can would it speed up the drowning so that I don't stay in the water for long?

Reactions: karmaisabitch
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I know that drowning can be a fast death from what I've read, it can take a few minutes to die from it. If I do this then the thing that scares me the most is sharks, I wouldn't want to get attacked by one, that would be a problem. I'm not sure if the type of clothes you wear would matter as well. If I swim far away and inhale as much water as I can would it speed up the drowning so that I don't stay in the water for long?
A human is usually not in the shape of an animal a shark would hunt (unless the shark is very hungry). Unless there's blood it's unlikely. Surfers can be a target bc the shark might interprete them as seals or similar animals.

You won't be able to just inhale water until you pass out on purpose. Try it at home in your bathtub / sink first how easy it it is to inhale water and several minutes can turn into "hours" in such a terrible situation.

Do you live somewhere near the sea where sharks r a "problem" if not then that's not a problem in any way.

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
A human is usually not in the shape of an animal a shark would hunt (unless the shark is very hungry). Unless there's blood it's unlikely. Surfers can be a target bc the shark might interprete them as seals or similar animals.

You won't be able to just inhale water until you pass out on purpose. Try it at home in your bathtub / sink first how easy it it is to inhale water and several minutes can turn into "hours" in such a terrible situation.

Do you live somewhere near the sea where sharks r a "problem" if not then that's not a problem in any way.
I live in Bucharest, Romania but if I were to do this method then I was thinking about going to Turkey to the Mediteranean or Aegean sea during the summer and drown there. Turkey has openings to both of these seas and I went to Turkey many times on holidays. I was thinking about doing this in the summer because I'm sensitive to cold and I'd like the water to be at least a bit warmer, so the summer would be ideal for this. The problem is that sharks are almost everywhere, be it in the oceans or seas, so that's why it worries me. I'm not sure I will do this method though but in case I don't choose other methods then it could be an option. If by just inhaling water wouldn't lead to drowning then what could I do so that I drown and have a fast death? I wouldn't want to stay in the water for long. Also I'm not sure if what I would wear would matter. Does the type of clothes you wear matter, would some clothes make drowning more difficult or slow? Or I could swim by just wearing swimming trousers without a shirt on

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Cold water - really cold water - would be beneficial to pass out quicker due to the fact that you would lose regular body temperature faster and therefore become weaker quickly. You would have to investigate whether the sharks there are dangerous in general or not not all sharks are dangerous to us humans when we swim in the sea.

In my opinion: If you can swim drowning is even more agonizing. You can't just forget how to swim and sink too the bottom of the sea.