O

ornitier199

Arcanist
Mar 26, 2022
No, college was too expensive. I'm an autodidact.

bloodycherry

bloodycherry

I'm not meant for this world.
Apr 10, 2022
I
I'll start. Yes I went to university. I studied Law. I hated both the university which was elitist and the subject itself, but, I was already invested in completing it. I decided after the degree that I did not want to practice Law so it was of absolutely no use to me whatsoever. Before things went south, I considered a Master's degree in International Relations or History - but realised the futility of those subjects as well.

My thoughts are that college degrees unless they lead to a tangible and engaging form of employment are a waste of time, lead to debt and probably exert a great deal of pressure and expectation on younger people. I could be wrong.
I'm at college right now but I have no idea what I'm doing there and why I'm studying the subject. I have a job that I hate too, I'm just "trying to be normal" til my day comes.

prince345

prince345

exhausted
May 4, 2022
I went to college and am fairly close to graduating, but I moved states. I studied/am studying psychology, but I think degrees are a money grab and aren't necessary for success. If I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have wasted my time and money. Especially on a degree that doesn't guarantee a job after graduation.

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I went to collage for a couple of years in my hometown until I had to quit due to major circumstances, I am currently studying again, although just to keep up appearances with my family. Honestly there is no other reason for me to be there. I hardly have the ability to concentrate anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
peanuts

peanuts

May 27, 2022
Yeah I went into nursing school.. graduated and have now been a nurse for 5 years. It's probably my only real purpose.

Kestrel

Kestrel

Flying away
May 30, 2022
I have a place at my dream university to study law and everyone is 'so proud of me' but I feel nothing. When the news came through everyone was so happy but I felt guilty for taking the space of someone who deserved to go and will actually have a warm body when term starts.