sashimi_

sashimi_

salmon and cucumber maki
Apr 27, 2023
well it's hard to search "did" on here, since it is a literal word haha. but the posts i... did... find are quite old so i'm making my own new one. i've been typing out and deleting a post on this topic for the better part of an hour and i still can't find what i want to say. i know its a hot topic on the internet lately..but i've given up social media for well over a year now, mainly to get away from bs like that

some days i feel like a normal person until someone tells me something i have literally no memory of. other days im so spaced out listening to conversations that literally arent happening that i can't even focus on simple tasks. funnily, i was reading really old school reports of mine lately that said i spent too much time daydreaming. uh huh..

i guess this can be a "i have did ama" thread or if u also have it feel free to dump your feelings here.. and if you are finding this some time in the future feel free to revive it :P

• Hugs
Reactions: western_heart
sulli

sulli

Student
Jan 25, 2023
same but i think trying to be a normal person/singlet is making things 1000x worse so i should probably stop

Reactions: sashimi_
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
I have dissociative identity disorder, and I mostly ignore DID content on social media, all that shit made me deny being a system until after having been diagnosed

Currently trying to recover from being suicidal for much of the past decade / understand trauma that formed system / know my alters better.

sashimi_

sashimi_

salmon and cucumber maki
Apr 27, 2023
same but i think trying to be a normal person/singlet is making things 1000x worse so i should probably stop
ugh yeah 100% relate. wild how things dont just go away when you ignore them, right??

Currently trying to recover from being suicidal for much of the past decade / understand trauma that formed system / know my alters better.
i wish you all the best in your journey ♥

• Love
Reactions: western_heart
unexplainedExplorer

unexplainedExplorer

your local nursery mobile
May 2, 2023
hello! i have P-DID and the struggle is super real. nice to find someone (albeit somewhat distantly) like me!

• Love
catastrophix

catastrophix

and my nightmares will have nightmares every night
Feb 20, 2023
Hey there! Fellow DID system here. If you don't mind me asking, does your system have a host? I feel like I'm one of the only systems I've heard of who have a very distinguished host that fronts the most. I don't really engage with DID related content on social media either though, so I'm not sure how common or uncommon having a host actually is. Sorry for rambling, I just get excited when I meet other systems lol

sashimi_

sashimi_

salmon and cucumber maki
Apr 27, 2023
Hey there! Fellow DID system here. If you don't mind me asking, does your system have a host? I feel like I'm one of the only systems I've heard of who have a very distinguished host that fronts the most. I don't really engage with DID related content on social media either though, so I'm not sure how common or uncommon having a host actually is. Sorry for rambling, I just get excited when I meet other systems lol
hey :) yeah sorta, it changes every few months though i think? but not very noticeably as they will usually share similar traits. if that makes sense. tbh it has been much harder to communicate/distinguish lately in this overall slump im stuck in. i think it is equally as common for systems to have hosts and not have them :') as far as i understand anyways
no worries and its good to hear from other systems too!!! especially here having this site in common. it feels less lonely

• Love
Reactions: catastrophix