J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Either subconsciously I knew I didn't intend to live past a certain age hence why I was in survival mode and not thriving mode.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LonelyKitten, Praestat_Mori, Nlis2244 and 18 others
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
One of my best friends convinced me to set ourselves the goal of both traveling to Europe. I'm not sure how long this will take, but I feel like I'll do CTB before fulfilling that dream.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, onlyanimalsaregood and edu0z
TheBigGuiltHaver

TheBigGuiltHaver

Dec 25, 2021
The most long term goal I've had in the past five years is just getting money in some fashion, be able to buy a van, then house myself in Slab City for the rest of my life just reading books. It's not the most well thought out, as if my ADHD brain can handle a lifetime of being a hermit in the desert only reading books much less being able to read one book at all... and severe heat like what the Slabs has sucks ass. That's about all I had aside from the early childhood """dreams""" of college then good job and blah, blah, blegh.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I had ambitions but I guess I never really sat down or paused to define precise goals, especially after a certain point, there was far too much clouding of the horizon and misery interfering with addressing a future worth living, most of my existence has come down to- "How do I eliminate these issues, so I can begin my life?!"

And yea, when death becomes the best option, what the fuck is the point of having long term goals, besides preparations for ending the suffering..

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sleepyhollow, Praestat_Mori, Élégie and 4 others
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Goal always was to have a good time until about 30 and drop dead

The first part of the plan success
Need N desperately to complete the mission

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, HateMyPointlessLife, Dead Meat and 1 other person
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
Yes absolutely

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat
Isit

Isit

Jan 5, 2022
I had ambitions but I guess I never really sat down or paused to define precise goals, especially after a certain point, there was far too much clouding of the horizon and misery interfering with addressing a future worth living, most of my existence has come down to- "How do I eliminate these issues, so I can begin my life?!"

And yea, when death becomes the best option, what the fuck is the point of having long term goals, besides preparations for ending the suffering..
I've read a few of your posts. I really like the way you write. If you wrote a book i'd buy it 100%.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat and LastFlowers
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Only 'goal' I have is to drag on until my father passes away, then I can go too. Hopefully he passes before I'm 30, I don't wish to hold on that long.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and Isit
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I've read a few of your posts. I really like the way you write. If you wrote a book i'd buy it 100%.
Careful…you might give me hope. :pfff:

But thank you, jesus, way too kind, I'm having my ego inflated left and right today..trust me, if the internet and all its resources did not exist, I would sound like a bumbling fool 100% of the time.
(Even the pressure to make my points comprehensible causes me to look up words I already know how to spell, and to double check the meanings of the most common phrases..only to overlook the actual blunders. I kid you not, I feverishly googled the correct spelling and tense of "laid" barely a moment ago.)

Just wait until you stumble upon one of my comments where I'm talking out of my ass, you'll be burning any book I ever attempted to write! lol

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: empty sighs, Dead Meat and Isit
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not have any goals apart from death. There is nothing that I want from this life, I have never wanted to live and I never will. I live a pointless, empty existence. I just wish I was free from this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: artificial_ineptness, Emmie, Dead Meat and 1 other person
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I laugh whenever people ask me where i want to be in 5 years time because I don't even know where ill be in 5 minutes time.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: 4am, Glandular, sserafim and 4 others
meetapple

meetapple

Mage
Jun 3, 2021
I never set long term goals because I never had any sense of efficacy. However, my disdain for life does work against my efforts to conform.

Reactions: sserafim
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Always just kicking the can down the road.
I never felt this world had a place for me.

Reactions: LonelyKitten, matt6callis and SuicidallyCurious
J

joshua123

Feb 15, 2022
I don't have any long term goals. This end is inevitable for me, just waiting to be able to access N, for this to happen.

Reactions: sserafim
ill_ostrich

ill_ostrich

heavy is the head that wears the clown wig
Dec 21, 2021
Yes, and now I am struggling to accomplish even short-term goals because my brain is stuck in "overtime", so to speak. Like, part of me feels as though I'm just not supposed to be here right now and nothing ever feels completely real. I regret choosing recovery, not because it isn't worthwhile but because I'm too shitty and incompetent to successfully recover in the first place. But anyways. Yeah. Goals? Never met her

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
TakeMeBack07

TakeMeBack07

Failure
Jan 16, 2022
I became hopeless at a young age and I never had agency over my life due to a very overbearing mother. Really, I lived in my families shadow cowardly, following their rules, their decisions for me, etc. im trying to overcome this

Q-Dust

Q-Dust

Am literally a rhododendron
Jun 9, 2019
I became hopeless at a young age and I never had agency over my life due to a very overbearing mother. Really, I lived in my families shadow cowardly, following their rules, their decisions for me, etc. im trying to overcome this
The part about an overbearing family really resounded with me, Expect I just gave up not point in struggling when you've already failed

TakeMeBack07

TakeMeBack07

Failure
Jan 16, 2022
The part about an overbearing family really resounded with me, Expect I just gave up not point in struggling when you've already failed
I'm not sure what you mean by the second sentence.
But yeah, I'm finding it's surprisingly common.
My mum suddenly became extremely controlling when her marriage started to collapse. I basically became her tool for her needs. Not like my efforts were reciprocated by her.

Reactions: SuicidallyCurious
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
I'm not sure what you mean by the second sentence.
But yeah, I'm finding it's surprisingly common.
My mum suddenly became extremely controlling when her marriage started to collapse. I basically became her tool for her needs. Not like my efforts were reciprocated by her.

Many parents view the child as a financial emergency bailout valve

its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
For many years now my sole goal as it relates to how long I'll stay alive is to not leave before my dog does. She's 12 1/2 now and these last 5 months have REALLY been difficult to stick to that goal. It's honestly barely a goal anymore, I have to constantly remind myself through guilt.

Longer than that, I've always been very interested in investments and stocks. I went to college for economics. But it seems absolutely pointless to tie up my money in investments when I expect to die before seeing any significant returns, so I never have.
I just kept me entertained with meaningless tasks (is there even amy meaningful task in life?)
The only meaningful things in life are the things that you find meaningful :)

TakeMeBack07

TakeMeBack07

Failure
Jan 16, 2022
Many parents view the child as a financial emergency bailout valve
Haha. You are spot on. She would always talk about how I would have to get her out of her abusive relationship and work hard for her, as if that's my fucking responsibility? She'd create fake Islamic rules. I also noticed she would always play victim to manipulate me. She'd talk about the physical and mental abuse my father and his family put her through on and on. From the age of 10 this started, so at least I lived normally for a while. This could be seen as fine. But since she watched me be abused too, I will never forgive her. Love requires reciprocation
I'm realising how crazy her behaviour was now I'm typing it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I laugh whenever people ask me where i want to be in 5 years time because I don't even know where ill be in 5 minutes time.
Ahah so true. I feel like throwing myself out of a window when people ask me that in interviews.

• Hugs
Reactions: ClownMe
BrknEyes

BrknEyes

Walking skeleton
Nov 2, 2023
The only real goal I had crumbled in front of me when I got medically seperated from the military.is what it is.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Either subconsciously I knew I didn't intend to live past a certain age hence why I was in survival mode and not thriving mode.
I never wanted to live past 18 and I had no post-college plans or goals because I never expected to actually have to adult. I honestly never expected to live past 18, I always thought that I would've died before then. I also thought that I would've ctb before graduating college. I wanted to ctb before turning 22 and then 23, but never got around to it. I always thought that I would've died before adulthood and that I would never have to enter the workforce or work for a living. I never saw or envisioned myself becoming an adult or living out life as one. Now I'm planning to ctb before 25 though. I guess my goal is this.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I did because I wanted to live until I was old. Now I don't and want to die every second.

• Hugs
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
When I was a kid I could not imagine living as long as I have (I'm in my late 20s). I always imagined I would die young for some reason.

In college, I couldn't pick a major because I couldn't imagine myself, in the future, having a certain job for the rest of my life.

Not sure if this is related to SI or not, or just a lack of ability to plan long-term

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and Headspace Dweller
Headspace Dweller

Headspace Dweller

Close your eyes and you'll leave this dream
Nov 2, 2023
Both that, and not thinking I'd survive past my teens - I was convinced I wouldn't make it to 18, let alone pass it. There was a massive shift when I realized I would, and I had next to no long-term plans. I ended up winging it the best I could, but I'm still of the mind to end it all at some point soon, within the next year or so, when I'm fully prepared. I want to minimize the chance of failure as much as I can.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Beyond_Repair and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
When I was a kid I could not imagine living as long as I have (I'm in my late 20s). I always imagined I would die young for some reason.

In college, I couldn't pick a major because I couldn't imagine myself, in the future, having a certain job for the rest of my life.

Not sure if this is related to SI or not, or just a lack of ability to plan long-term
I'm in my early 20s but same. I always thought that I would die young and I never envisioned or imagined myself having a certain job for the rest of my life. I never wanted to grow up, and even as a kid, I never had a dream job or career. There was nothing that I wanted to be. I honestly didn't even expect to live this long.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Beyond_Repair, UtopianSoliloquies and 1 other person
finalrequiem

finalrequiem

kill me yesterday
Oct 30, 2023
I've never had long term plans of any kind. Didn't think I'd be 18, 21, 25, and don't think I'll be 30. I can't hold a job to save my life. I never went to college. My dream job has always been animation but I want to get out of here more than anything.

• Hugs
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I'm in my early 20s but same. I always thought that I would die young and I never envisioned or imagined myself having a certain job for the rest of my life. I never wanted to grow up, and even as a kid, I never had a dream job or career. There was nothing that I wanted to be. I honestly didn't even expect to live this long.
Same, I didn't want to grow up either. I probably wouldn't have even gone to college if my friends hadn't pushed me. I've always been impressed by people who knew what they wanted to do for the rest of their lives at a young age and committed to it

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and sserafim