sushisushi12

sushisushi12

Mar 20, 2023
HI, i was diagnosed with a bipolar disorder (cyclothymia) but it is weird because I don't really feel bipolar. I indeed have moments where I feel really low and other moments where I can't control myself and do things like self harming, but I don't know this is really weird, i want to know if anyone had a similar experience, I am lost.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSpookyNameGuy and FinalCountdown
FinalCountdown

FinalCountdown

Jun 21, 2023
I am newly diagnosed as Bipolar type 2. I always knew something wasn't exactly right with me, but didn't know what. In retrospect, looking back at my past, it matches up with this diagnosis and brings in some clarity on why I've felt and acted in certain ways. I always wondered what was wrong with me. My experiences match up with Bipolar type 2. If you feel your experiences do not match the bipolar diagnosis, and treatment isn't improving, You could try to talk with your provider or see if another provider agrees with that diagnosis. I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: (¥) and sushisushi12
sushisushi12

sushisushi12

Mar 20, 2023
thanks for your reply ! As a matter of fact, my treatment is really helping me, I am less extreme in my mood swings, but a lot of people don't believe that my problem is real, like i'm faking my cyclothymia just to seek attention, it really makes me sad, but i am thankful that my treatment works.
Being diagnosed made me feel better, i don't know about you, but yes, it matched a lot of my experiences of the past.
i really wish you the best, and hope you will have a wonderful life.
Don't hesitate to dm me if you want, i don't have a lot of friends here, even though i am feeling better than 3 months ago, this site helped me, se feel free to dm me !

FinalCountdown

FinalCountdown

Jun 21, 2023
thanks for your reply ! As a matter of fact, my treatment is really helping me, I am less extreme in my mood swings, but a lot of people don't believe that my problem is real, like i'm faking my cyclothymia just to seek attention, it really makes me sad, but i am thankful that my treatment works.
Being diagnosed made me feel better, i don't know about you, but yes, it matched a lot of my experiences of the past.
i really wish you the best, and hope you will have a wonderful life.
Don't hesitate to dm me if you want, i don't have a lot of friends here, even though i am feeling better than 3 months ago, this site helped me, se feel free to dm me !
That's great to hear that treatment is helping you! It's unfortunate that people in your life think you're faking it. It's the annoyance of having an "invisible" illness, some people who haven't had the same experiences can be judgmental. I agree it's nice to have the validation of a diagnosis, I feel like I can tape up my brokenness a bit lol. I wish you the best as well, feel free to dm me as well if you ever need to talk :)

sushisushi12

sushisushi12

Mar 20, 2023
thanks ! All your kind words go right to my heart

ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
I'm not bipolar but know a lot of people who have the disorder. They experience many highs and lows which is not all in the mind as some people falsely believe. They've been prescribed lithium to stabilise their moods. The problem with bipolar is that the highs can be very exhilarating. Someone I knew found the highs so exhilarating that she hoarded away her lithium medication. She overdosed on her lithium hoard when she inevitably experienced the lows. It didn't work. The hospital pumped out her stomach. Lithium as a method of medication for stabilising bipolar moods was discovered I think by pure accident when a chemist with the disorder accidentally licked his lithium batteries or the chemical and noticed his moods became more stable.

Last edited:
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
That feeling is understandable, you just think you are frustrated or angry/irritable i guess people don't like to see it as a condition, i don't.

I get those lows too, but then extreme highs which are the worst because then i do end up going crazy, kinda flipped i guess but yep it runs in the family so that's fun, only thing that helps me is living a stress-free life as much as possible and no news or gaming, otherwise i go nuts.

Hope you can find some peace at times

Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Yep, I was diagnosed too

Reactions: sserafim