Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
My grampy wants to visit and now that im in my new place i want to surprise him. Hes never had my cooking. And having my "father figure" look at my food in disgust (story at the bottom) id kind of like my grandfather to be proud of me so i really really want to show him. However as the title suggests theres a problem. He has diabeties.

He messages often asking me to google what he can and cant have. I dont want to make something he cant have and i dont want to ask because that would defeat the surprise.

The important part:
Do you have or know anyone that has diabetes? Can you suggest things i could make or things he might not be able to have (aside from sugar)? Im going to do some of my own research but an idea on where to start, or ideas in general is appreciated.

(Backstory) so i was 14 and my mother and youngest brother was in another province getting surgery. Even though i had a grandmother home all day i got stuck with supper duty. With ZERO lessons, just heres the kitchen. So id spend all day in school thinking what in the world am i going to make for supper. Then id make a big supper of steak, potatoes, corn and my 'dad' would walk down to the table, stare at it, literally look at it in disgust and then walk away.

So yeah...having grampy proud of me would be really nice because that really hurts. Every time i make anything im always asking hubby if its ok, did i fuck up. And critiquing myself. Oh i cooked that too long, i should have done that this way. Although the critiquing i dont take quite as hard. Just reminders for how to make it better. Im always striving for better.