Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
This isn't a real term but something made up for myself

Whenever I order out/splurg I always think "shit I have diabetes"

I think this is partly due to how my mom abused me into thinking I was always fat and unhealthy

Blood tests have shown that despite my overweight BMI (I am aware and working on it) I am healthy overall with no health problems

Still, like today (I ordered junk don't judge) I am already kicking myself thinking I will magically have diabetes

• Hugs
Reactions: Kamiotesoro and Deleted member 1465
L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
i have diabetes.
if someone in your family has a certain risk of you being predisposed to having.

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
i have diabetes.
if someone in your family has a certain risk of you being predisposed to having.
In my family it was just my grandfather and my great grandma. Mom, aunt, and some others have high blood pressure. My pressure is in the normal range and in general I am considered healthy despite my BMI which I have to work on

L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
In my family it was just my grandfather and my great grandma. Mom, aunt, and some others have high blood pressure. My pressure is in the normal range and in general I am considered healthy despite my BMI which I have to work on
so it's really good for you to take care
could be possibly die from diabetes?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I have diabetes but I literally don't do any physical activity like none at all. My diet is also awful because I eat tons of salty foods. A few years ago I had blood tests show me I was prediabetes but I didn't listen because I didn't care.

I still don't really care even though around last year my diabetes progressed to a point where I now have to take medication for it. Being overweight alone won't necessarily lead to it but if it really bothers you that much then it might be time to start trying to reverse things before blood tests start showing you do have diabetes. As for me, I'll go on not caring about it not even if I go blind or my feet fall off or whatever else is supposed to happen.

finalexit

finalexit

Jan 24, 2021
I had those kinda thoughts when I was depressed and going hard on the sugar. Then I ended up getting diagnosed with type 2 a few years ago lol. And I've been super skinny my whole life. Now when I'm eating bad I have thoughts of "I'm slowly destroying my body" and worry about how much more painful life's gonna be as I get older and develop new problems

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I had those kinda thoughts when I was depressed and going hard on the sugar. Then I ended up getting diagnosed with type 2 a few years ago lol. And I've been super skinny my whole life. Now when I'm eating bad I have thoughts of "I'm slowly destroying my body" and worry about how much more painful life's gonna be as I get older and develop new problems
I'm def gonna get a test. If I had diabetes I feel I am as good as dead

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I'm sorry for your diagnosis, you still in time to make it right, consider this act today a and of goodbye to sugar and junk food maybe? Wishing you well, hugs.

finalexit

finalexit

Jan 24, 2021
It can be very difficult to fight a depression/anxiety-fueled sugar addiction, especially once you have diabetes. I go back and forth between eating really well and really bad. It's hard to ignore short-term compulsions for the sake of long-term health when you're suicidal and don't want to live longer. But eating bad also feels like self harm in a way