signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
One of the ways I have found to reduce my anger and desire for suicide is by destroying things. I thought I would document it here.

Cassette tapes today:
7F855746 2999 4B1C 9D30 8B71447A7C7E

• Love
Reactions: kovkay, LastFlowers, Rolliewoo and 12 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
What's the next object awaiting destruction?

Reactions: TooConscious, Dead Meat and GenesAndEnvironment
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Reactions: LastFlowers, Rolliewoo, Dead Meat and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Since I bought a punching bag I don't destroy my stuff anymore!

• Love
Reactions: LONE WOLF., Rolliewoo, Dead Meat and 5 others
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers, Dead Meat, Umbreon and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I've done some of this when on my "helpful medication endorsed by professionals" that also made me homicidal. Now I'm calm but whenever I get a chance to blow off some steam, I will.
Since I bought a punching bag I don't destroy my stuff anymore!
They removed the punching bag from my gym, guess I have to use people now.
I bought a punch bag once. I ended up destroying that too.
Kicked it? You need special ones if u want to kick them. Or maybe you stabbed it lol.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: LONE WOLF., doge, TriggerHappy and 1 other person
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Kicked it? You need special ones if u want to kick them. Or maybe you stabbed it lol.
Pulled all the stuffing out, cut up the bag, threw it all away. Job done.

Got more anger/stress relief from doing that than I ever got from punching the thing, which is kind of futile if you think about it.

Reactions: LastFlowers and GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Got more anger/stress relief from doing that than I ever got from punching the thing, which is kind of futile if you think about it.
Makes good sense, it's the destroying that means something.

Reactions: signifying nothing
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
CAN'T FIND A NICE ENOUGH PHOTO OF MY FAMILY!
Thats the thing i've managed to spectacularly destroy.

Screen Shot 2021 03 27 at 183124

(no comments about any of em being cold & distant yeah)

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Some books (cookery, travel, novels, etc):
4DA3617B F0F9 4D10 B88E 4DFEA73DB8DA

Reactions: Celerity, Fehler, Lmd and 1 other person
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
I used to do this too but then I feel bad for the value of the things I broke. I now buy cheap enjoyable things to touch or that I can easily destroy. They give me a lot of pleasure.

Nice pics btw.

Reactions: LastFlowers, Fehler and signifying nothing
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Which do you like more: smashing, tearing, punching, stabbing, kicking or throwing?
Depends on the thing I'm destroying. Sometimes use tools where necessary, though I'd rather do it by hand where possible - the physical exertion is good for anger/excess energy release.

Reactions: Fehler and GenesAndEnvironment
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Go to a secondhand thrift store, buy all the ceramic plates for about .25 cents a piece or goto a garage sale and pick up stuff to possibly break. Or you can come to my house and help me tear down my shed :smiling:

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Go to a secondhand thrift store, buy all the ceramic plates for about .25 cents a piece or goto a garage sale and pick up stuff to possibly break. Or you can come to my house and help me tear down my shed :smiling:
There's a charity shop near me leaving stuff out for free during the lockdown - that's where I've been picking up quite a few things from.

Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
I've been through it for a long time but I've been controlling it for a while. At first, it was what I caught at the moment of anger, but of course, later it comes when I regret it and felt worse. I changed to the walls and doors, when the door of my room was not supported and it was time to remove it, I went to the kitchen door.
In the new apartment I'm in, I don't want to break anything :ahhha:.

Since I moved I stopped doing it because I did not want to break anything, when the "attacks of rage" come to me, I dig my nails, hit my stomach, grab, autoslap...whatever is less damaging the furniture.

Have you lost sensitivity in any of your fists? On the right, I hardly feel pain when hitting solid parts, I also have the knuckle of my little finger somewhat displaced x)

20190610 155932
And before leaving the flat where I grew up
Fpuerta

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers and http-410
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
@Fehler - That door definitely looks like it's taken some severe beatings. I think you have a lot more or a different kind of anger than I do. I'm not really prone to hitting stuff or injuring myself when I'm destroying things, though I do self harm at other times, in other ways.

When it comes to destroying wooden furniture (bed, chairs, tables) I resort to using a saw, chopping it up into pieces I can throw away. I also have a thing for taking the screws out of stuff - I've removed doors from their hinges and/or taken off the handles, but not felt the impulse to destroy the doors themselves. I live in a rented flat, so this isn't really possible, though I'm sure a part of me would like to.

Reactions: Fehler
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
I like it, it is much healthier and I find it interesting that the handling is more technical instead of impulsive anger.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I like it, it is much healthier and I find it interesting that the handling is more technical instead of impulsive anger.
I think maybe I am too scared to let the anger build up too much, so act on it sooner. But that means I can't keep things for very long, so I live quite minimally now - hardly any furniture or stuff of my own, buy things second hand, etc. It helps keep my mental health in check, but it's a lot different to how most people live (and how I used to live).

• Hugs
Reactions: Fehler
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Sunday special - holy communion:
E3C97425 D33D 4579 BED8 6CC1F1140F00

Reactions: Lmd, Fehler and GenesAndEnvironment
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Have you lost sensitivity in any of your fists? On the right, I hardly feel pain when hitting solid parts, I also have the knuckle of my little finger somewhat displaced x)
Yeah, my knuckles are fucked as well:
IMG 20210328 180411790
IMG 20210328 180522548

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LastFlowers, Rolliewoo, Fehler and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Yeah, my knuckles are fucked as well:
Fellas need to start palm-striking. Hard if you're really worked up but if you can think for a split second before striking...

Reactions: Fehler and Mentalmick
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
Yeah, my knuckles are fucked as well
What memories of those scabs. I have not had it for 8 months and they have healed quite well.

Fellas need to start palm-striking. Hard if you're really worked up but if you can think for a split second before striking...

It would be good to have the self-control to do it:ahhha:, luckily the dose of those anger has lowered and therefore the "attacks of rage". It must also be said that the weed has influenced it.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
More stuff out the door today, though no destruction as such possible, so no photos. Let's just say they were things that I'm sure others would think of as having value and would therefore probably keep hold of. They did for me for a time, but now no longer, so into the bin they go.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Jumper, Unravelled
C7FBC8BB 298C 4C33 B7D6 2FD3F3CB48FB

Reactions: JustAMatterOfTime, Fehler and GenesAndEnvironment
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Because there are so many books. Self help, poetry, crafts:
8F2C97A8 D060 4F1F A428 31B7677647E3

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Because there are so many books. Self help, poetry, crafts:
View attachment 65209
Maybe what we were actually destroying for all of this time were our very lives...
cat crying sad kitty GIF

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Keeping this one for reference:
D5DF16EE 0F0A 40A4 88EE 570048DC36AA
Which now reads:
4AF04BE7 630A 4CC2 A033 8F3135132700

• Yay!
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt, Fehler and GenesAndEnvironment