Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Idk, just thought this would be interesting. I do wonder what intrusive thoughts other people have, maybe I can even relate to some of them. I have far too many myself honestly.

Reactions: Unknown21 and Praestat_Mori
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
My recurring thoughts when I was severely depressed were always: I'm a bad person, I've hurt her, I want to die...

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
R

ravenous

Mar 25, 2024
Absolutely gut wrenching and beyond evil.

Reactions: Venessolotic and Praestat_Mori
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
I have so many intrusive thoughts that it's difficult to describe them in just one sentence. However, it's common for me to think about hatred.

"F*ck you all, f*ck everything, you f*cking apes, I hope we go extinct soon..."

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, Venessolotic and Praestat_Mori
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
"Hey, let's go to the gym."
"Don't eat that obviously unhealthy thing. You need to watch your sugar."
"Maybe everyone is right and you aren't a bad person."
"Give life a chance."
"Why don't we forgive ourselves a little today?"
"Wouldn't it be nice to start a family?"

That's right, most of my intrusive thoughts are overwhelmingly positive and I hate them so much because they're all built on false pretenses and a rogue survival instinct. Oh sure, I also get the occasional murderous and aggressive kinds of intrusive thoughts as well but I only don't act on them out of fear for my own autonomy and not because I morally oppose them. The toxic positivity intrusive thoughts on the other hand I actively hate and try to suppress whenever I can because I know they're wrong.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, LifeIsCrazyNemb and Praestat_Mori
dreambound

dreambound

Student
Dec 14, 2021
intrusive thought..triggering....a reactionary intrusive thought...triggering...another reactionary intrusive thought......& so on & so on until
you realize an hour just passed & anything you do to stop it will still be thought digging around in your head for more shit from the past
to screw up the here & now.....

theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
trauma, hurt yourself, throw yourself in the car, die

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
"I wanna kill myself" is my main one, always echoing in my mind regardless of what I'm doing.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, Venessolotic and Praestat_Mori
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't really have any intrusive thoughts. From what I've seen, intrusive thoughts are unexpected thoughts but I don't have any unexpected thoughts. People would probably say that my desire to be dead is an intrusive thought but that can only be the case if I were to accept living as the default state which I never did and never will

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
'You're too slow at your work.'
'You're not good enough at your work- it's failing because of this and/or this.'
'You're fat and ugly.'
'You should have made more effort to care about the people who cared about you before they died.'
'You're going to need to keep living and self sustaining until your Dad dies.'
'Suicide is going to be terrifying and you're going to be even more screwed if it doesn't work.'
'I wish I hadn't been born. I resent being born. My Mum should have lived and I should have died.'
'If God exists, I'm screwed- they know I hate them.'
'I'd really like to binge eat.'
'I don't want to do that.' (Which applies to most activities in life now.)

Sorry- that wasn't exactly one sentence...

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't have any intrusive thoughts.

• Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21
StillBreathing

StillBreathing

Student
Dec 4, 2022
"What the fuck is wrong with you (me)."

Reactions: Venessolotic and Praestat_Mori
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
"What if the pro-lifers are actually right and this forum is actually manipulating everyone into deeper depression and I'm just ruining myself even more by being here?"

Just to clarify, this does NOT have anything to do with my opinion and view of ss and pro-lifers! I promise you, intrusive thoughts and opinions are VERY different things sometimes. In case you're still unsure, feel free to read through my status to see how I'm expressing how grateful I am towards ss and my hatred towards pro-lifers. You'll find all the proof you need there :)

Reactions: lemonbunny and darkenmydoorstep
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Horrible unspeakable things that fuck with me to my very core.

Reactions: vitbar and Venessolotic
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
Horrible unspeakable things that fuck with me to my very core.
True, so true! And they also mess with your sense of reality, or atleast for me they do. They make me question my entire reality sometimes. What if everything is just a big lie and I'm going to wake up from a coma or some shit and realize it was never real? Oop, another one of my intrusive thoughts right there. >_<

• Hugs
Reactions: Malaria
melancholia_melodia

melancholia_melodia

Nov 29, 2023
When I see a river, I feel like drowning myself. When I see the wheels of some big truck, I feel like diving my head under it. When I see a bridge, I feel like jumping off, etcetera...

• Hugs
Reactions: BoredAndAll, darkenmydoorstep and Venessolotic
BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
So many, no way to summarize in one sentence....

You're a horrible person. All you do is hurt people.

You're a terrible person and wife. He would be so much better off if he had never met you.

You're a terrible mother, just like your father. Your kids hate you, and rightfully so.

You took Ellie for granted. You didnt do enough for her or show her enough love before she passed. She passed without knowing how much you love her.

He doesn't really love you. You make him miserable, he's just too afraid to say it because your so fucking awful.

He secretly hates you.

Your coworkers dont actually like you. They are just faking it because thats what people are required to do at work. They dont really want you around.

vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
Almost nobody will attend your funeral.

People don't like you, they pitty you. Everyone is putting up with you out of politeness.

You will never be enough.

Images of me hanging. My family having to be told about my body being found.

Images of me putting my hands/arms into industrial machinery.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
Not one sentence but here are mine;

"What's the point?" (No 1, ever present thought)
"Love is everything and you don't have it"
"You will probably never find love again and even if you do it may take you decades again or turn to shit"
"Yes there'll be good times again…..but well outweighed by bad"
"Just think how many more colds you'll have to catch, shitty illnesses, bouts of crap weather you'll have to endure in a life time…"
"Your body and sex life are going to turn to shit the older you get. Your best years are over."
"Childbirth and breastfeeding ravaged your body and the damage is irreversible"
"If people are that bothered by me leaving, they're welcome to do the same and leave too"

Then of course, there is the fantasising. I see a high bridge or building or railway track and just think "what if I were brave enough…"
My favourite intrusive thought is of being in Peru, slipping myself some N with a nice tune playing, watching a final sunset from a balcony.

Last edited:
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
So many, no way to summarize in one sentence....

You're a horrible person. All you do is hurt people.

You're a terrible person and wife. He would be so much better off if he had never met you.

You're a terrible mother, just like your father. Your kids hate you, and rightfully so.

You took Ellie for granted. You didnt do enough for her or show her enough love before she passed. She passed without knowing how much you love her.

He doesn't really love you. You make him miserable, he's just too afraid to say it because your so fucking awful.

He secretly hates you.

Your coworkers dont actually like you. They are just faking it because thats what people are required to do at work. They dont really want you around.
If you don't mind me asking, why is your username "horseman" if you're female? Are you secretly trans or something? Sorry if this comes off as awkward or uncomfortable or anything, I just got rly curious. I can't rly help my curiousness. I don't mean anything negative with it, I swear! Also, you don't have to answer if you don't want to either. No pressure at all.

tronix

tronix

Mar 23, 2024
Weekends are the worst. So my only thought is to end things because I have nothing else to do. Just sitting at home. The weather is beautiful, if not the breakup, I would do fun things with my partner. But he's no longer here and I'm just sitting on the couch wondering whether I should attempt today.

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

Feb 8, 2023
If you don't mind me asking, why is your username "horseman" if you're female? Are you secretly trans or something? Sorry if this comes off as awkward or uncomfortable or anything, I just got rly curious. I can't rly help my curiousness. I don't mean anything negative with it, I swear! Also, you don't have to answer if you don't want to either. No pressure at all.
It's no big deal. Bojack Horseman is a character from a tv show on Netflix. I highly recommend it. It's difficult to explain, I suppose it's technically a comedy, but it's also a very real look into addiction and mental illness. I just really love the show and identify with 2 of the characters. Bojack is an alcoholic like me and had horrible parents like mine who said the exact same shit to me. I don't do drugs like him though. It's a great show, I've lost count of how many times I've watched it.

In line with the original thread, my inner thoughts are alot like Bojack. I felt real bad for him in this episode.
Tumblr 037f1d44c3429bb793efa2257cb6f102 bebb0e60 540

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Malaria
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
It's no big deal. Bojack Horseman is a character from a tv show on Netflix. I highly recommend it. It's difficult to explain, I suppose it's technically a comedy, but it's also a very real look into addiction and mental illness. I just really love the show and identify with 2 of the characters. Bojack is an alcoholic like me and had horrible parents like mine who said the exact same shit to me. I don't do drugs like him though. It's a great show, I've lost count of how many times I've watched it.

In line with the original thread, my inner thoughts are alot like Bojack. I felt real bad for him in this episode.
View attachment 133708
That sounds interesting. Haven't watched netflix in a long time honestly. I'm sorry you went through that, life rly is unfair sometimes :(

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
That sounds interesting. Haven't watched netflix in a long time honestly. I'm sorry you went through that, life rly is unfair sometimes :(
I second the BoJack Horseman recommendation, I don't normally watch American animation as much as I used to but BoJack is an exception. It's one of my favorite shows ever.

Reactions: BojackHorseman and 4am
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
stab them. bludgeon them to death. dismember them. mutilate their bodies. then stab yourself. throw yourself under subway train.

idk, everybody's thoughts here seem so normal. am i just like delulu or something lmao

I just really love the show and identify with 2 of the characters.
who's the second one if you don't mind me asking

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

Feb 8, 2023
stab them. bludgeon them to death. dismember them. mutilate their bodies. then stab yourself. throw yourself under subway train.

idk, everybody's thoughts here seem so normal. am i just like delulu or something lmao

who's the second one if you don't mind me asking
Diane

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: 4am and Malaria