S

Slark

Apr 30, 2023
I can't connect to anything or anyone, I also can't have motivation for anything. I just feel like it's all the same, like nothing makes sense. I've been like this for years, and the more time passes, the more I don't think I'll be able to improve. I wanted to be well again, to be happy. Do you feel this way too?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga, IrishBug, LifeQuitter and 3 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
Yes, everything seems meaningless. I can't remember what happiness feels like. I feel like I am degenerating into becoming less and less human.

• Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter, divinemistress36 and Slark
Just_Another_Person

Just_Another_Person

Student
Sep 16, 2024
Yes, but now I feel fine most of the time thanks to meds (if you have access/can afford I recommend trying).

• Love
Reactions: Slark
S

Slark

Apr 30, 2023
Yes, but now I feel fine most of the time thanks to meds (if you have access/can afford I recommend trying).

I'm currently taking paroxetine, and it helps me with anxiety and OCD, but it doesn't help me with motivation. I hope I can find something that helps me feel pleasure in living again.

Reactions: Just_Another_Person
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I'm currently taking paroxetine, and it helps me with anxiety and OCD, but it doesn't help me with motivation. I hope I can find something that helps me feel pleasure in living again.
I jokingly asked my last psychiatrist to prescribe me something to get my zest for life back. She said if I could invent something like that I'd be rich. They don't care if we're happy/content they just want people to come to them forever. Trying one pill after another so they can make a living...And to the OP I feel exactly the same.

Just_Another_Person

Just_Another_Person

Student
Sep 16, 2024
One of the meds I take is bupropion, not sure if would say it gives motivation but it gives me "energy" to get out of bed/live the day. Problem is that it may cause anxiety, but in my case I'm ok (I have diagnosed social anxiety). Maybe ask your doc about it? Regardless, I hope you regain the pleasure in living ✨

• Love
Reactions: Slark
RoadBLOCK

RoadBLOCK

Jul 9, 2024
Simple happiness here and there and sadness here and there, it's a cycle and chemicals inside the human being interact

S

Slark

Apr 30, 2023
One of the meds I take is bupropion, not sure if would say it gives motivation but it gives me "energy" to get out of bed/live the day. Problem is that it may cause anxiety, but in my case I'm ok (I have diagnosed social anxiety). Maybe ask your doc about it? Regardless, I hope you regain the pleasure in living ✨
I'm going to talk about bupropion with my doctor, I'm just afraid it will affect my sleep. I had a serious problem with this. I really appreciate your comments!!

Reactions: Just_Another_Person
Just_Another_Person

Just_Another_Person

Student
Sep 16, 2024
I'm going to talk about bupropion with my doctor, I'm just afraid it will affect my sleep. I had a serious problem with this. I really appreciate your comments!!
Idk how it is available where you live, but here it comes in "slow release" (liberates the med in less time) and "extended release" (liberates the med in more time). Also, if you are anorexic or is prone to seizures DON'T take it! Bupropion may cause seizures in "seizure prone" people.