meetapple

meetapple

Mage
Jun 3, 2021
A lot of times I find myself ruminating about my mental condition and in response I feel an irresistible urge to sleep. I call these "depression naps". How do I stop taking them and face my reality as gloomy as it may be?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: outatime_85, Regen, MellowAvenue and 3 others
lessonlearned

lessonlearned

May 23, 2022
unfortunately i dont have an answer:(. i have struggle to sleep even though i want to all the time.

• Hugs
Reactions: outatime_85, heavyeyes, makethepainstop and 1 other person
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
  • Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, lessonlearned and miserableforever
hopelessdreams

hopelessdreams

life and its opposite
Mar 1, 2022
what has worked for me is doing something easy and distracting like watching a youtube video, or when i have more energy, go and work out. even tho i don't feel like it at all in that state in made, i strongly believe in "emotion follows action". so if i go and work out or watch something amusing, my thoughts will adapt to that action. hope this helps:)

Reactions: Regen
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I personally enjoy depression naps. It doesn't 100% work but it's like a little reset. (although 1 time my mother and I were arguing so I went to my room for a reset nap. Reset naps don't work if youre being woken up by being smucked with a broom)

May I ask why you want to stop them? (maybe it's frequent to the point of unproductive?) I only ask because you're tired for a reason. Emotional distress is just as tiring as running a marathon. And your body deserves the rest.

Reactions: heavyeyes and donealready
meetapple

meetapple

Mage
Jun 3, 2021
I personally enjoy depression naps. It doesn't 100% work but it's like a little reset. (although 1 time my mother and I were arguing so I went to my room for a reset nap. Reset naps don't work if youre being woken up by being smucked with a broom)

May I ask why you want to stop them? (maybe it's frequent to the point of unproductive?) I only ask because you're tired for a reason. Emotional distress is just as tiring as running a marathon. And your body deserves the rest.
I guess I feel guilty over what I deem wasting time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Regen, Life_and_Death and heavyeyes