hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Nice to see so much love for punpun, it's soul crushing but in a good way. I've been reading a manga called Boys Abyss, it's still ongoing, but feels similar to punpun up until now. Haven't read the last couple chapters, because I'm afraid something bad will happen and it'll fuck me up. A lot of potential triggers in that manga, so be careful if you check it out.
Here is another manga like pun pun and done very well.
One of the best I have read. https://mangapark.net/manga/boku-tachi-ga-yarimashita
I will try read that manga you mentioned today to see if I can get into it

Reactions: shy
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
The Turin Horse, or any Bela Tarr film with Laszlo Krasznahorkai.

• Love
Reactions: THRESHOLDBRAT
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
I'd say try The Green Mile or Shawshank Redemption.
I know they might be a common thing, but they do carry some weight for me, specially on the "sad at times" part. :smiling:

LUNANYX

LUNANYX

Tired of feeling this way.
Nov 4, 2020
Oyasumi PunPun always gets me feeling some type of way for a while whenever I reread it.

yeeees! you can guess where my avi is from hehe
also have so much love for Kaworu from NGE <3

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Requiem for a Dream

&

Solaris (2002)

Last edited:
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
Never felt requim for a dream was that depressing personally it is like apun a bit

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Never felt requim for a dream was that depressing personally it is like apun a bit

For me it was a difficult and affecting film, it embodied something... awful. Not sure I would watch it again for the place it took me to.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
For me it was a difficult and affecting film, it embodied something... awful. Not sure I would watch it again for the place it took me to.
Watch the movies I sugested at start of the thread they are much more grim and not in edgy shock ways just atmosphere.
Become more depressed spiral down into the abyss we crawled from

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Watch the movies I sugested at start of the thread they are much more grim and not in edgy shock ways just atmosphere.
Become more depressed spiral down into the abyss we crawled from

I'll see what I can get a hold of, see where it takes me...

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
I'll see what I can get a hold of, see where it takes me...
Both are torrentable I checked.
Christiane F is like Requim but just worse in every way emotionally.

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I thought I would make a thread about some media that is severely depressing.
Feel free to post good movies/anime/TV shows about the subject
Habane renmei
This anime series is good it has great art and character design is the same artist as serial experiments lane.
It has no real action but is quite relaxed and philosophical.
God I adore haibane renmei, I love to liken suicide to their day of flight, that time when you just know that it's time to go.
The one I always have enjoyed is bokurano, have you ever seen it? 15 people, (kids) are tricked into signing away their lives essentially to fight on a robot. The winner of the fight is killed and has his or her soul sucked away by gods essentially to be eaten, while the loser has their entire planet destroyed. There is no escape, its essentially coming to terms with death and accepting the fact that you will die.
oyasumi pun pun is pretty awesome too.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
The one I always have enjoyed is bokurano, have you ever seen it?
You need to read it I never watched it but from what people who have read it say, it is watered right down.
Bokurano has some intense fucked up scenes and I do not mean fighting
.Normalfags would not be able to read some of it because muh morals as they cannot appreciate the message art has.

read some of the other manga i mentioned

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
You need to read it I never watched it but from what people who have read it say, it is watered right down.
Bokurano has some intense fucked up scenes and I do not mean fighting
.Normalfags would not be able to read some of it because muh morals as they cannot appreciate the message art has.

read some of the other manga i mentioned
I'm checking out Bokutachi_ga_Yarimashita, from the descript on mal, it sounds something like killing mr griffin, if its anything like that I will be very excited, also I have read bokurano in manga form, the only real big difference is the fact that those kids sacrifices become meaningless in the long run since their earth will eventually be chosen again.

M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
banana fish was the ultimate crying experience for me. the tale of princess kaguya also got me weeping.
Oh my god banana fish got me too

• Hugs
Reactions: ecmnesia
Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
Monster (Anime)
It's a bit older and slow paced, but really good.

Reactions: waterstrider
waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
Felidae and Watership down made me depressed when I was a child.

O

Okami

Student
Mar 16, 2018
Even though it's been years since I first saw it, Little Busters still makes me feel incredibly depressed when I think about the series too much. Oddly enough, the more cheerful scenes with the characters casually interacting hurt more than the actually genuinely sad moments. The friendship between the characters just feels so real, and it depresses me so much when I think about how it's impossible for me to be that happy.

Wolf Children is a big one, as well. However, my reasoning for it hitting me so hard is kind of personal, so I don't expect it to have the same impact on others.

Anohana is another one that emotionally destroyed me for a while, but not so much anymore since I've watched it a countless amount of times. I was a complete mess for at least a week after finishing it for the first time, though.

Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
No, but I have read the novel.

Lem is an awesome sci-fi writer. Do yourself a favor and watch the Tarkovsky 1972 original. One of the greatest movies ever made.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Lem is an awesome sci-fi writer. Do yourself a favor and watch the Tarkovsky 1972 original. One of the greatest movies ever made.

Might just do that.

Another film I forgot about, but very much like is Quills.

Reactions: Gerard de Nerval
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Oh, I just remembered this one, beautiful film - Love Me If You Dare.