V

verloren

sry for my bad english
Feb 18, 2021
When ctb by full Suspension hanging, how great does the deepth of fall have to be?

How deep do i have to fall to have a sucessfull artery compression?

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021

Reactions: kukukoko
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
There is no fall that is drop hanging.

x_LittleAmy_x

x_LittleAmy_x

Student
Mar 18, 2021
If I do this I'm going to use elastic climbing rope so that when I jump off the chair I'll ping back up and smash my head on the ceiling.

• Yay!
Reactions: Rabitfever and popcorn
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Look it up on wikipedia...
Drop tables

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
If you have a couple inches that should be enough to cinch up the slip knot and knock you out quickly.

Reactions: Solar1703
V

verloren

sry for my bad english
Feb 18, 2021
Sry, but full Suspension means a complete hanging, before that somebody stands on a chair for example and dropped it.

There is always a fall when practicing complete hanging

or how does full Suspension hanging works?

popcorn

popcorn

Experienced
Dec 20, 2020
depends if you want the classic basal skull fracture for instant black out or not

there is a long drop table in the resources somewhere

V

verloren

sry for my bad english
Feb 18, 2021
I just want to ctb fast

Am i going to die, if i just fix the rope at my neck while standing on a chair and drop the chair?
Should i jump instead?

Choronzon

Choronzon

Sep 23, 2020
I just want to ctb fast

Am i going to die, if i just fix the rope at my neck while standing on a chair and drop the chair?
Should i jump instead?
Death is nearly certain either way. Drop hanging requires more space than you would typically find at home.

Full suspension compresses your neck arteries (and unfortunately veins and airway). Unconsciousness is quick; if you have the stomach for it, there are videos linked in the resources section. Sometimes you see some reflexive movement, but it's not a conscious death struggle--it's a bit weird, like some kind of slow zombie tai chi.

Drop hanging creates enough momentum to fracture your cervical spine (neck). It is thought, though it's unverified (you'd need a pretty fancy brain-scanning rig, I'd think) that the severing of the spine causes unconsciousness instantly. The reason there are tables are to ensure the fracture while not literally tearing your head off, which has happened in executions. The other kind of "failure" is still a full suspension, and unconsciousness is still rapid, though I expect the yank would be pretty unpleasant.

Reactions: Solar1703