• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Turmeric

Turmeric

Nov 13, 2023
Not a question, just venting.
So usually when I go to the psych ward, it's not voluntary. When going there voluntarily it is a whole other type of annoying experience.
I've only gone once voluntary, and I was contstantly hearing "oh you dont want to be here", "you should go home" and yadda yadda from the doctors and them not taking you seriously, but then I've also been forced to stay at the ward even tho I felt more or less fine.

It's just like they want to make it as uncomfortable for you as possible. I don't know if this is just my experience but I really don't have any energy to fight the doctors to be able to stay.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
Was it government run? I wonder why, unless profit was involved.

Reactions: Kit1
CasTheFriendlyGhost

CasTheFriendlyGhost

call me Caspar
Jan 5, 2024
sounds like a simple case of shit hospital with shit psychiatrists. a different place may be much better

Reactions: Kit1
dustyrainbow

dustyrainbow

Apr 15, 2023
I totally get what you're saying. Often they don't believe how bad it is. Or say you don't want to CTB, since you asked for help. But I mean? That's the point of it, isn't it? To get help not doing it.

It's hard when you seek support and don't get what you need. I have experiences where I was worse after my stay at the psych ward.

And the part "you're here voluntarily but no, you can't leave now" - it's so annoying! My guess is, they're trying to protect themselves from consequences if something happened after they discharged you.

On the other hand, I also had just to sign a paper where I said I'll leave on my own risk, and it's my own responsibility.

But when it comes to the question if you SHOULD check yourself in:
Sometimes bad is better than the worst. And in that case, CTB would be the worst (I assume, since it's a thread in the recovery section).
So yes, they can treat you badly. But at least you're a bit safer than before.
Sometimes there's stuff you can talk with whenever you need them. Just to feel less alone. But you know all that, you've been there multiple times as well.

I know it's a vent post and I don't mean to give any advices. But I know the struggle between "needing help" and "the kind of help isn't what I need".
This can leave you feeling quite frustrated and "powerless" emotionally :(

Reactions: CasTheFriendlyGhost
Turmeric

Turmeric

Nov 13, 2023
I totally get what you're saying. Often they don't believe how bad it is. Or say you don't want to CTB, since you asked for help. But I mean? That's the point of it, isn't it? To get help not doing it.

It's hard when you seek support and don't get what you need. I have experiences where I was worse after my stay at the psych ward.

And the part "you're here voluntarily but no, you can't leave now" - it's so annoying! My guess is, they're trying to protect themselves from consequences if something happened after they discharged you.

On the other hand, I also had just to sign a paper where I said I'll leave on my own risk, and it's my own responsibility.

But when it comes to the question if you SHOULD check yourself in:
Sometimes bad is better than the worst. And in that case, CTB would be the worst (I assume, since it's a thread in the recovery section).
So yes, they can treat you badly. But at least you're a bit safer than before.
Sometimes there's stuff you can talk with whenever you need them. Just to feel less alone. But you know all that, you've been there multiple times as well.

I know it's a vent post and I don't mean to give any advices. But I know the struggle between "needing help" and "the kind of help isn't what I need".
This can leave you feeling quite frustrated and "powerless" emotionally :(
Yeah no I apprecierate hearing your take on this, thank you.
For sure wards are not there to make you feel better, it's just there to hold people until they are not a danger to themselfs or others. But when you know that you can't trust yourself and that you are a danger to yourself, and make the decition to get yourself checked in, it fucking sucks to have to fight doctors to be able to get checked in.
Cuz truley, I don't want to be there, I just want to go home and CTB and just going there is just enough of a fight. So being met with "you should not be here" is just gonna make me say feel like it's easier to not fight and just go home and CTB. I just don't see the point of them having to make us perform a mental illness olympics to be able to be allowed in a safe space.

Sry for shit english im dyslexic and swedish lmao
sounds like a simple case of shit hospital with shit psychiatrists. a different place may be much better
You are 100% right, but where I live there is only 1 psych ER so the only ways to get put in a ward is going to that one ER (where all of this shit happen) or failing CTB and being sent directly to the ward.