paroxysm

paroxysm

I Felt Nothing
Sep 17, 2023
i think i'll go to a mental hospital soon on my own accord. i'm not sure how long i will stay and i'm thinking about bringing a stuffed animal just so i won't be bored. any advice would be great since i probably won't have internet access for a while.

• Hugs
Reactions: absolutelyyou, EternalShore, Kit1 and 2 others
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
My advice: since you're admitting voluntarily (assuming you're in the US, idk if this is a distinction in other countries), do some research to try to find a hospital (or even better a crisis stabilization unit) that is voluntary only. You will be with people who are more tolerable to be around and treated with a lot more respect. (EDIT: Also call ahead to make sure they have beds, otherwise they might just send you somewhere that's mixed vol/invol.)

Some hospitals (usually just voluntary only ones) allow you to have your phone for parts of the day, so also worth looking up which ones do this.

Reddit sometimes has threads about the best mental hospitals in your area, so that's a good place to start.

Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, Outsidelessness, paroxysm and 4 others
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Hi. I was in a mental hospital for over a year. If you feel like you can't cope or manage on your own, it can be a viable alternative. It might not be that easy to get out of there. It's mainly a good time to stop and think about your own things, so I recommend writing. I personally wrote a free-form diary every day, in which I put everything that is on my mind. Another thing that would certainly have been useful for me while in the hospital would have been Tarot cards, they provide a lot of additional information and support.

Reactions: paroxysm
Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
I've never been to a mental ward, but I heard it feels pretty scary to consider it and go in. But it's not so bad once you're there (voluntarily of course). Experience is different from person to person though, some have a horrible time.

One example is the front guy behind the Swedish depressive black metal band Vanhelga actually wrote an entire album while he was locked up in a mental hospital:

Bandcamp description he left for this album as follows:
"This creation is the result of a long period of time beeing hospitalized under the Swedish law called "LPT". I had no freedom at all and the only thing present was total misery and silence. All lyrics, music and artwork was created during this time of isolation because I was lucky and had access to a laptop. The conclusion of this is; if you want to get a feeling of the anxiety, misery, depression and pain that being locked inside of a psychiatric ward provides – listen to this piece of art."

Outsidelessness

Outsidelessness

Zero is immense
Feb 13, 2023
I've found that if you're in a predominantly right-winged area then the mental hospitals there are terrible and underfunded.

paroxysm

paroxysm

I Felt Nothing
Sep 17, 2023
I've never been to a mental ward, but I heard it feels pretty scary to consider it and go in. But it's not so bad once you're there (voluntarily of course). Experience is different from person to person though, some have a horrible time.

One example is the front guy behind the Swedish depressive black metal band Vanhelga actually wrote an entire album while he was locked up in a mental hospital:

Bandcamp description he left for this album as follows:
"This creation is the result of a long period of time beeing hospitalized under the Swedish law called "LPT". I had no freedom at all and the only thing present was total misery and silence. All lyrics, music and artwork was created during this time of isolation because I was lucky and had access to a laptop. The conclusion of this is; if you want to get a feeling of the anxiety, misery, depression and pain that being locked inside of a psychiatric ward provides – listen to this piece of art."

this is why black metal is my favorite metal genre. so many interesting people in the subculture.

Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
this is why black metal is my favorite metal genre. so many interesting people in the subculture.
I dont even understand why more people on here dont listen to DSBM. 80% of the posts on here literally look like stereotypical lyrics to the genre

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I'll give it a go.