Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Are there any real disadvantages to dropping from too high and being decapitated? A lot of the risk associated with drop hanging seem to stem from the fact that people try to find the 'sweet spot' where their neck will be broken but not torn. Since both scenarios seem to lead to instant death what is the concern? I'd rather overestimate my drop height than underestimate it.

Reactions: Soul
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
Decapitation by drop hanging seems especially grizzly, mostly because 'tearing' off any body part sounds grim. If it is painless, of course, there's little to fear. I just feel like the mental barrier of anticipating the tear alone would be enough to put most people off.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
The logic is that the noose will be positioned on the front of my neck to that as I fall the sudden force is applied to the rear. If anything did start tearing it would be my spine first, so I'm confident I won't be in pain.

Reactions: SpottedPanda
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Keep in mind the strength of the rope, the increased amount of inertial force your body will cause by falling, the pressure points of the object the rope is tied around and the type of knot that is used at the anchor point. Even the type of slipknot you use is important. All these factors determine if the rope itself will fail at a time you prefer it not to.

If you really want to be morbid, use a bungee cord. Seriously though, don't use a bungee cord...

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
The only concern is that people will be in shock when they see it.

Below I have posted a video of the long drop in action.

NSFW:

Reactions: FreddieQuell
FreddieQuell

FreddieQuell

:):
Apr 14, 2020
The only concern is that people will be in shock when they see it.

Below I have posted a video of the long drop in action.

NSFW:

Decapitation by hanging sounds truly grim, not sure if it's even possible

Interesting video, wonder what those last words were he spoke

Reactions: lostangel