• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Please read my whole thread before you chew me out over this.

I'm really conflicted about what I should do with SS when I ctb. I want to stay on as long as possible to talk with you guys and document my experience. I'm debating whether I should log out before I die or not worry about it and stay on SS until the end, which would mean I'd still be logged in. If I knew I'd be banned within a few hours of my ctb I'd be more inclined to stay until I'm gone. I don't want someone to find this site on my phone and be looking through it, making it look like I'm online. I probably won't be found in that amount of time and my phone will lock after 10 minutes of inactivity, but I've heard that android phones are fairly easy to hack into. Is that true? I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, if that matters. I'm not really afraid of someone seeing that I was on this site. Nobody encouraged me to ctb and some even suggested I should reconsider, so I don't think SS would be in any danger. The thought of the police and my family and possibly others that know me reading all my personal stuff here is cringy, but I'll be dead so I guess it doesn't really matter. I care more about my comfort in my last moments than their opinions of me after I'm gone.

Now please be honest with me. Am I being selfish? Am I wrong; would I be putting SS in danger? I don't want to do that. I don't know how long I'll have after drinking SN. I also don't know if it'll be gradual enough that I'll be able to log out, or if I'll suddenly lose the ability to use my phone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Caspers, less than, imacrybaby and 6 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I would log out if I were you.

Reactions: Stick and Rue89
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I've thought about this too. I have an iPhone and there's an option you can select where your phone will erase all your data after 10 failed passcode attempts. But I'm not sure if that will be able to keep people out.

Reactions: voidman, Stick, JackieInTheBox and 1 other person
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
The amount of drama that happens when someone posts a goodbye thread and then shows up as online makes me ask myself this a lot too...

• Love
Reactions: LonelyNick, Stick, cazwiz and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
You can log out at the last second. That will at least keep people from snooping through your account.

Reactions: Stick, mooncake, TimeToBiteTheDust and 1 other person
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
The amount of drama that happens when someone posts a goodbye thread and then shows up as online makes me ask myself this a lot too...
Yeah that's a big reason I'm debating this.
You can log out at the last second. That will at least keep people from snooping through your account.
I would try, but I'm afraid I'd wait too long and won't be physically able to. I don't know, I'm probably just overthinking this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stick, mooncake and rt1989526
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I will be logging out and wiping my devices as best possible. If I fail I come back and explain what happened.

Reactions: Stick, TimeToBiteTheDust, Rue89 and 1 other person
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i think it'd be best to at the very least, log out and delete your password from your browser.

Reactions: Stick, TimeToBiteTheDust and Rue89
mooncake

mooncake

Student
Aug 7, 2020
I wouldn't call you selfish for wanting to stay in contact with people to comfort you in your last moments. CTB is scary to most, even if you are really sure you want to leave.

I can't tell you what what to do, but I wouldn't judge you if you decided to stay online through out.
Also, LE knows about this site. There isn't much stopping anyone from making an account, and so I don't think they would need your account to get in contact with any members on here tbh. Maybe that helps with your moral reservations.

• Love
Reactions: LonelyNick, less than, Stick and 3 others
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
... not sure it matters much.
If there is an investigation your ISP will provide your internet history.

Reactions: Rue89, Stick, mooncake and 1 other person
C

cazwiz

Feb 25, 2020
I've thought about this too. I have an iPhone and there's an option you can select where your phone will erase all your data after 10 failed passcode attempts. But I'm not sure if that will be able to keep people out.
Can you please let us now what this iPhone option is and how to set it up? Thanks x

Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
Maybe you could set up a discord server and invite SS members to it once you ctb? Then, you could stay in contact with them anonymously, but if you don't close out of it in time nosey people will see only the discord message history, not the SS history.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Rue89
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Can you please let us now what this iPhone option is and how to set it up? Thanks x
It's in your settings, go to touch ID & passcode and scroll down. There's an option called erase data

Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I just checked, and my phone has this setting too, except it's 15 failed passcode attempts.

Reactions: Deleted member 19654
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
for iphone I only look at this site on private mode and it auto logs me out. Just swipe away the tab when you're passing out then just have passcode/erase data on. Or delete everything beforehand. Not sure if I care enough to do it yet. Plus my note is on my phone so I might print it first.
Settings > face Id/ passcode > erase data (last option

Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
Today I was informed about Epic Browser (https://www.epicbrowser.com/our-key-features.html)

which says:

When you're using Epic with our encrypted proxy on, your data is encrypted and hidden from the government, from your ISP, from Google, from your employer, and from hundreds of data collectors. On close of Epic, there's no easily accessible record of your browsing history left on your computer

Might be what you're looking for.

Reactions: Rue89