SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
I'm under so much mental stress right now.

It's my first time engaging in such activism - an article on antinatalism and efilism, and subsequently suicide and the right to die, on a general forum in front of the pro-lifers out there (yep, so not just "echo chambers of the depressed").

I knew what to expect when I did this, but what I wasn't expecting is that post has gone viral. I attracted far more attention than I initially thought I would, and I started a mass debate on the topic.

I KNOW it's controversial. I KNOW the trolls are gonna be what they are, and I KNOW that strawmanning is just strawmanning, gaslighting is just gaslighting, personal attacks are just personal attacks, false accusation is just false accusation, plain and simple. But something in this triggers me and it feels overwhelming.

I actually know how to debunk a lot of their arguments that don't really follow. I want to lay out my best arguments, explaining myself as clearly as I can and smash all falsehood to the ground, but the stress is keeping me from doing it. I don't even know why I am stressing so much over this. Something feels very fucked up. Maybe it's because a complete misunderstanding happened just because I started a new paragraph with a particular sentence. Maybe it's because some other personal things i wrote using that account are picked up and used against me. Maybe it's because a lot of people are actually being introduced to the topic for the first time, but have completely missed the point because they've misunderstood what I said, and I feel that I've fucked it up and it's all on me.

Or maybe it's because I'm currently attacked by this kind of stress that doesn't make any sense, is unnecessary, is keeping me from resting well OR getting anything productive done, AND THEN I have a bunch of pro-lifers and natalists that ask me to prove that "suffering is suffering" after me.

Fuck me I hate myself I want to finish what I'm doing I don't want to be "too mentally weak" for this or quit like a coward...

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby, LonelyStarrySky, thewalkingdread and 10 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I definitely feel you on this one.
I've interacted with these Pro- life types in the past and it never went well.
No matter how accurately you present the facts , or how skillfully you debate with them it will rarely, if ever, end well.
I think a large majority of them feel morally superior to people like us who are suffering.
They are like the really bad parents who " know what's best for us ", despite the fact that they have never even walked in the shoes of a suicidal person and experienced such things as the horror of mental illness and existential crisis
In my own experience, these Pro- lifers are sadistic and arrogant , and have absolutely no Intention of even trying to see things from our point of view.
I definitely know where you are coming from but these Pro- lifers are not worth the effort.
They cannot be reasoned with.
I don't think you are mentally weak or a coward, yet I understand why you would feel this way.

Reactions: doormat25, AndroidAmongHumans, myusername890 and 2 others
sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
They're idiots. They're not willing to listen to other perspectives. They're not worth your time, and if it's really affecting you, you should just leave it be.

Reactions: myusername890 and WAITING TO DIE
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
It's pointless. Their mind is as closed as a shut door that will never open when it comes to topics like this. Humans are emotional creatures, not logical ones, and their emotions are too strong on this topic

Reactions: myusername890, thewalkingdread and WAITING TO DIE
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
Debating against people who think that they have a moral high ground is the equivalent of cursing a Lego after stepping on it; it's pointless.

If you feel like it's affecting you, then just ignore it and move on; no shame in that. I can't speak for everyone, but I feel like we have enough problems as is to lose our minds over random nobodies online (or even IRL).

Remember, anything you say, no matter how reasonable or unreasonable, will just stroke their ego, since, as I said, they think they have a moral high ground.

My advice: ignore it and move on; it's not worth it.

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
These people are closed-minded and inherently feel superior to you. It's useless.

SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
I definitely feel you on this one.
I've interacted with these Pro- life types in the past and it never went well.
No matter how accurately you present the facts , or how skillfully you debate with them it will rarely, if ever, end well.
I think a large majority of them feel morally superior to people like us who are suffering.
They are like the really bad parents who " know what's best for us ", despite the fact that they have never even walked in the shoes of a suicidal person and experienced such things as the horror of mental illness and existential crisis
In my own experience, these Pro- lifers are sadistic and arrogant , and have absolutely no Intention of even trying to see things from our point of view.
I definitely know where you are coming from but these Pro- lifers are not worth the effort.
They cannot be reasoned with.
I don't think you are mentally weak or a coward, yet I understand why you would feel this way.
The problem I have with these pro-lifers is that they somehow think they are the smart and rational ones and would gaslight anyone who don't agree with them into thinking that themselves are crazy or have a problem.
Personally it's very sad that such gaslighting tactics may have worked in the past and left me somehow traumatized, or I'm just unnecessarily sensitive. I know that they're just talking stupid shit but I still can't get rid of the emotional distress that comes with it. I know it doesn't make sense but I just can't control this kind of pain and make it go away.
This proves my point actually. Suffering is suffering, no matter how, and what kinds of word game you play to deny it.

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby, myusername890, thewalkingdread and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find it disgusting how there are so many people who are against the right to cease existing even know this world is undeniably filled with suffering and other people's personal decisions aren't theirs to make anyway.

I'd personally wish to avoid pro-lifers no matter what, I cannot stand them, maybe many of them would only change their insensitive and delusional views if something happened to make them wish for death themselves.