Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
I would pre-write mine because it would be on impulse... I'm not sure if I should leave a note or not.

It would include:
• Access to my bank account
• How to call up my work to let them know I won't be returning. Maybe even school (but I'm in college and it's past the drop for refund date so I don't know if this is necessary).
• Maybe a brief reason why I did it. It's kind of complicated why I'm ctb, so I would just mention my disorders if I did. But then again they already know what I have so I don't know if this is necessary. There are some other reasons which I would not include. This section would only be for some closure.
• Telling them it's not their fault, it's only my fault.

Should I write the note? And what should I include from the above?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, weedoge, Iwant2sleepforever and 4 others
Anyara

Anyara

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Sep 6, 2018
Personally i prefer to leave a note. I will leave several letters to people and have a different one with instructions like stuff for my mortgage and lifeinsurance etc.

I think most people would like to have something to fall back to after your passing. Even if its just a short note telling them to cancel your bank or college

Reactions: Morning Angel, Iwant2sleepforever, RM5998 and 2 others
Avicii

Avicii

Looking
Sep 4, 2018
I would pre-write mine because it would be on impulse... I'm not sure if I should leave a note or not.

It would include:
• How to call up my work to let them know I won't be returning. Maybe even school (but I'm in college and it's past the drop for refund date so I don't know if this is necessary).
• Maybe a brief reason why I did it. It's kind of complicated why I'm ctb, so I would just mention my disorders if I did. But then again they already know what I have so I don't know if this is necessary. There are some other reasons which I would not include. This section would only be for some closure.

make sure you dont leave any money in a bank account as if you have debts your creditors will get your money first at least this is how it works in the UK - i have a ton load of money that i dont want (it was to help me in old age because i dont have a pension but i wont be getting old for sure) but have this stored in my dads account that he doesent use - only thing i panic about is if he dies suddenly and i swiftly move it back to one of my accounts will someone look at his account and try to grab it off me !!!!!!

oh and if you dont leave a note then your death wont auto be categorised as a suicide it would to an inquest and a jury would have to decide which can be upsetting for the family - at least again this is how i believe it is in the UK

Last edited:
Reactions: Dog Food, weedoge and lv-gras
T

Third88

Sep 28, 2018
You should leave a note. Now that I think about it leaving a note/email to my sister with all my passwords might work.

Reactions: lv-gras, Maravillosa and Desperate_Soul
I

IronicFail

Sep 27, 2018
Do it. Leave a note. I've seen the damage done of not doing so.

Reactions: lv-gras, Maravillosa and Third88
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018

It would include:

Hi
I would leave a note to those that you care about and those whom care for you.
I think the hardest thing when loosing a loved one through suicide would be self blame.why did they not see it coming?
It's there fault and should have stopped you and helped.your family members will grieve your death but at least they would come to accept that it was your choice and it's what you wanted to relieve your pain and suffering.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Maravillosa
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
Leaving a note would be a good idea. If you like you said plan on leaving stuff for them to manage or read

Reactions: Maravillosa
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
From my knowledge leaving a note with your bank details sounds nice, but if anyone access'es your bank account after you die they face some serious charges.

Reactions: lv-gras
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Yes i agree, leave a note. Nothing worse than not knowing why someone has taken their own life. Knowing my provide some sort of clousure for the person reading it.

Im gonna right a note saying why ive chosen this etc and nane the people who have made me think this is the only way out. Man id damn haunt them if i can.

Reactions: lv-gras and weedoge
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
make sure you dont leave any money in a bank account as if you have debts your creditors will get your money first at least this is how it works in the UK - i have a ton load of money that i dont want (it was to help me in old age because i dont have a pension but i wont be getting old for sure) but have this stored in my dads account that he doesent use - only thing i panic about is if he dies suddenly and i swiftly move it back to one of my accounts will someone look at his account and try to grab it off me !!!!!!

oh and if you dont leave a note then your death wont auto be categorised as a suicide it would to an inquest and a jury would have to decide which can be upsetting for the family - at least again this is how i believe it is in the UK
Good info that even I didnt know living in the UK. To OP I'd say leave a note if you have it in you, I'm doing so and I think it'll help both me before I leave and my family after. I'm leaving a long note detailing my disgust at myself, society and suffering in general. Saying that I'm not depressed anymore and this is just logical choice. Specifically gonna say its all my fault just like you but also that any amount of intervention wouldn't have helped and so there's no "what if" situations where I might have been "saved". Everything is temporary and ive developed this new opinion that death isn't as negative as we're brought up to believe and so I refuse to be dragged into living a complacent life.

Sorry long post on your post but that's a summary of what I'm writing. 6000 words and counting lol

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Yes i agree, leave a note. Nothing worse than not knowing why someone has taken their own life. Knowing my provide some sort of clousure for the person reading it.

Im gonna right a note saying why ive chosen this etc and nane the people who have made me think this is the only way out. Man id damn haunt them if i can.
Yes.. I considered dropping some names too but I think the more I accept my fate the less I blame individuals rather than the sick human condition. I still tempted to drop names of mental health professionals who should lose their jobs though :|

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Miss clefable and lv-gras
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
Ya I would definitely leave a note saying why you did and anything you'd want them to know.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
If you care about the people you're leaving behind, then I'd strongly recommend writing a note. Suicide survivors (people who have lost loved ones to suicide) deal with an incredible amount of guilt, and giving them some context and explanation would help bring them a bit of closure.

As an aside, you say that this is your fault... Is that accurate? I don't know anyone who would choose the circumstances that lead up to their suicide, and anyone who would fault someone else for wanting to end their pain and suffering must not know what true pain and suffering really is.

Reactions: Maravillosa and lv-gras
littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
I hate to resurrect this thread, but I wanted to share my thoughts on this topic.
I was driving home from work today and started to think about my family after suicide.
I felt deep sadness knowing I'd be aware of the last time I'd ever see them, and the last time they'd ever see me.
I keep thinking that I'll miss them so much (which doesn't make sense cause I'll be dead) and how they would miss me.
I'm definitely going to write a note saying how much I love them but also how much pain I'm in and that I'm sorry. I'll tell them to not blame themselves.
I'll tell them if I turn into a spirit or something that I'll watch over them.
Just putting all this down makes me so sad... I'm so emotional ;-;