• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

steamjunk

steamjunk

Apr 7, 2024
I have over forty plants that I take care of, some of which are poisonous to humans. Ones that immediately come to mind are my aloe, pothos, arrowhead, and philodendron. Would eating one of these be a viable method, or am I overestimating their toxicity?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
This topic comes up occasionally here on SaSu. I'm not sure if it's important to you, or not, but, from my recollection, poisonous plants typically don't produce what can be described as a "peaceful" death, even if you managed to consume enough of the plant (poison) and were able to keep it down. Your body is going to very quickly recognize that a poison has been ingested into it and take immediate steps to expel it. I think it's very unlikely that you'd be successful at CTB using this method. What's more likely is that you'd cause yourself significant harm in some way, shape or form, possibly in the form of organ damage of some sort. It's very likely, IMO, that you may add to the misery you're already in, because you'd end up with some significant physical impairment. You *may* end up in such a way whereby you'd be unable to take any action again to remove yourself from this "new" misery you find yourself in, depending on how severely you injured yourself. I don't believe this method has a very high lethality rate.

That's just what I remember about this topic, along with some of my opinion. I'm sure others will chime in.

Welcome to SaSu.

• Informative
Reactions: Euthanza, sserafim and LunarLight
Upvote 2
steamjunk

steamjunk

Apr 7, 2024
This topic comes up occasionally here on SaSu. I'm not sure if it's important to you, or not, but, from my recollection, poisonous plants typically don't produce what can be described as a "peaceful" death, even if you managed to consume enough of the plant (poison) and were able to keep it down. Your body is going to very quickly recognize that a poison has been ingested into it and take immediate steps to expel it. I think it's very unlikely that you'd be successful at CTB using this method. What's more likely is that you'd cause yourself significant harm in some way, shape or form, possibly in the form of organ damage of some sort. It's very likely, IMO, that you may add to the misery you're already in, because you'd end up with some significant physical impairment. You *may* end up in such a way whereby you'd be unable to take any action again to remove yourself from this "new" misery you find yourself in, depending on how severely you injured yourself. I don't believe this method has a very high lethality rate.

That's just what I remember about this topic, along with some of my opinion. I'm sure others will chime in.

Welcome to SaSu.
Alright thank you. Sorry, I didn't realize this question has been asked before. In the little "has this question been asked" box there was stuff on those suicide seeds or whatever but I didn't see anything on common houseplants (I probably just missed it </3). Thank you for answering anyway though :)

Upvote 0
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Alright thank you. Sorry, I didn't realize this question has been asked before. In the little "has this question been asked" box there was stuff on those suicide seeds or whatever but I didn't see anything on common houseplants (I probably just missed it </3). Thank you for answering anyway though :)
Oh, don't worry about that. There's no sorry necessary. You can ask whatever it is you want. You don't even have the ability, yet, to search for threads, since you don't have the search function available to you. There are so many things that have already been asked in the threads here on SaSu. New members, like you, don't have the ability to find them, so it is completely appropriate for you to ask ANYTHING you want. Like I said, there really isn't anything on this forum that hasn't been asked numerous times in the past. The best rule for you to go by is if it's on your mind, it's WORTHY of asking. If you get your post count up (don't ask me how much, I don't know specifically - maybe 20, maybe 30, IDK), the search function will appear for you in the upper right corner of any page you're on. I think you, also, have to be "active" on this forum for some "period" of time, also an amount I don't know for sure, maybe 24 hours of activity. It's not hard to get to those posting amounts, or meet the "time" criteria". Just keep posting what's on your mind (keeping within the rules), post in other people's threads (keeping within the rules), and you'll be there before you know it.

And like I said, someone else will chime into this thread and provide more information regarding your question.

Reactions: steamjunk and LunarLight
Upvote 0
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Agree with everything already said, poison in general in just about any form is a nasty way to go out even if it actually does work rather than just causing irreparable damage. Even injecting poisons can be inconsistent and drawn-out/painful, ingesting it would be pure masochism.

Reactions: steamjunk
Upvote 0
Davey36000

Davey36000

Experienced
Jun 12, 2023
eat lots of poppies

• Yay!
Reactions: steamjunk and divinemistress36
Upvote 0
T

TiredOfAllThis