anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
Someone told me that if you leave the gas key open (natural gas)
For example, let the kitchen gas leave for several hours (without flame), this would kill you without realizing it. It would be a sweet death. Anyone who can confirm this? Appreciated comments

Reactions: weedoge, Tiburcio and lv-gras
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
this is mostly an old thing, they changed gas sources. basically gas used to be full of co.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, weedoge, anna and 1 other person
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
this is mostly an old thing, they changed gas sources. basically gas used to be full of co.
Thanks for your comment
Then you would say that the current gas would not kill?

Reactions: Tiburcio
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
I should have investigated before publishing this thread.
Now I see that this gas is not lethal when inhaled.
The person who told me, said it with such assurance, that I got excited ...
I can not delete the thread, so if the moderators consider deleting it, it's fine
I feel a little stupid

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
No need to feel stupid Anna. From what I have read it used to work but the gas that ovens use have been changed to stop it being a successful method. You are just out of date I think which is what is so good about the forum. It saved you (and potentially any number or people who read this) from having a bad experience trying it.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Deutsch, Tiburcio and 3 others
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
yeah, it isn't stupid, it used to work, they just switched over when they found another gas that did't have so much co because that was never their intent and there were many purposeful and accidental incidents

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Tiburcio, Ssname and 2 others
anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
No need to feel stupid Anna. From what I have read it used to work but the gas that ovens use have been changed to stop it being a successful method. You are just out of date I think which is what is so good about the forum. It saved you (and potentially any number or people who read this) from having a bad experience trying it.
Thank you,
:)

Reactions: Tiburcio and weedoge
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Yeah, don't feel stupid. I'm pretty sure they used to use carbon monoxide gas in our pipelines, same as car exhausts before they added catalytic converters. It certainly is a peaceful method but just can't be done like this anymore. :( If you search on carbon monoxide poisoning you'll see a lot about it, though.

Reactions: bag.of.cats, anna, Tiburcio and 1 other person
D

DeepSleep

Student
Aug 8, 2018
Propane or butane from the gas stove is no less deadly than any inert gas, assuming there is no oxygen present. People don't use it only because of foul-smelling additives.

Otherwise - when used with a bag - there should be no difference.

Reactions: anna, Tiburcio and lv-gras