R

Rose57

Student
Jan 2, 2019
Has anyone on SS died by dehydration? If so, how long did it take? And was it as peaceful as some articles online suggest?

Reactions: Pen>Sword
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
Hi! I did dry fasting in order to cure myself. The maximum I managed without water and food was 6 days. By the end of day 6 water was the only thing I could think about. You feel weak only first 2-3 days after that your body goes into that strange mode when it starts burning fat, weak or cancer cells. On day 3 you totally lose ability to sleep. You just don't need it. You have so much energy that you can't sit in one place for more then 10 minutes. Your body temperature goes up. I fasted in winter and I had to keep all the windows open and I still felt hot. So I lasted 6 days. A friend of mine went 11 days and he still felt he could do more. I know a guy who does a retreat where they dry fast for a month, so I know that's possible.
Although it was an amazing expirience it's extremely difficult to kill yourself that way if you have any water around..

Reactions: Pen>Sword and W3akCr3atur3
Krash1990

Krash1990

Student
May 31, 2020
Hi! I did dry fasting in order to cure myself. The maximum I managed without water and food was 6 days. By the end of day 6 water was the only thing I could think about. You feel weak only first 2-3 days after that your body goes into that strange mode when it starts burning fat, weak or cancer cells. On day 3 you totally lose ability to sleep. You just don't need it. You have so much energy that you can't sit in one place for more then 10 minutes. Your body temperature goes up. I fasted in winter and I had to keep all the windows open and I still felt hot. So I lasted 6 days. A friend of mine went 11 days and he still felt he could do more. I know a guy who does a retreat where they dry fast for a month, so I know that's possible.
Although it was an amazing expirience it's extremely difficult to kill yourself that way if you have any water around..
Nobody is drying fasting for a month regularly. Only 1 maybe 2 people have even got close to that long dry fasting.

SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019
Dehydration is an incredibly painful way to die. The cramps are unbearable and there's a ton of puking.

Reactions: neveraskedforthis and Amnesty
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
A site search of dehydration or VSED will give you lots of information. :)

Reactions: Skathon and neveraskedforthis
Amnesty

Amnesty

Suicidal Cheesecake
Jun 2, 2020
Not a good idea to suicide by that. You would be puking and it could be painful. Also people will hear you collapse to the floor once you faint.

Last edited:
E

emie_

May 28, 2020
death by dehydration is often used by terminally ill patients who refuse food and drink as a way to end their suffering. The logic is that doctors cannot force anyone to eat or drink against their wish (though that's debatable), which would make it a way to achieve euthanasia when you can't do anything else. In that context, it might seem like a relatively peaceful way to go.

if you're not in that situation, and have "normal" access to water, it's extremely difficult to carry on not drinking until you actually die. Plus some side effects that have been reported are delirium, dizziness, very painful cramps and puking.

Reactions: Pen>Sword, W3akCr3atur3 and Amnesty
B

Bigyeah

Jul 18, 2020
This is something I've read lots about VSED. I'm a young man with a clean bill of health. I am attempting to stop eating and drinking all fluids, how long will it take before I CTB? I'm 6'8" 235 lbs. online sites about VSED day for terminally ill with no food (especially water) you could die in 3 days? Is that true 3 days of no water and everything shuts down?

Reactions: Meditation guide
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
This is something I've read lots about VSED. I'm a young man with a clean bill of health. I am attempting to stop eating and drinking all fluids, how long will it take before I CTB? I'm 6'8" 235 lbs. online sites about VSED day for terminally ill with no food (especially water) you could die in 3 days? Is that true 3 days of no water and everything shuts down?
Dehydration is not a ctb option. If you have access to water, you will drink it eventually. End of story. There's no way to fight the SI on this, especially when you start having hallucinations. I've heard all of the urban legends and myths about it, I'm just never going to be convinced this is possible unless you literally put yourself in a situation where you absolutely cannot get water.

Reactions: vacant_n and W3akCr3atur3
RoyalSapphire

RoyalSapphire

Aug 11, 2020
A couple years ago I got intoxicated and was taken to the hospital. I wasn't allowed to drink nothing, just intravenous serum? I dont have the exact translation for it. The thing is that was horrible and I can't recommend this method, less than 48 hours and it was already unbearable.

B

Bigyeah

Jul 18, 2020
Dehydration is not a ctb option. If you have access to water, you will drink it eventually. End of story. There's no way to fight the SI on this, especially when you start having hallucinations. I've heard all of the urban legends and myths about it, I'm just never going to be convinced this is possible unless you literally put yourself in a situation where you absolutely cannot get water.
I have been inside my condo alone for sometime now. I have turned off the water to my unit so eventually drinking it won't be an issue
I have been inside my condo alone for sometime now. I have turned off the water to my unit so eventually drinking it won't be an issue
I just hope it will be fast and painless as stated on medical websites

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: die_young and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
This is something I've read lots about VSED
I googled VSED just now and watched a TED Talk about it. A woman who's husband was starting to get Alzheimer's disease used it to pass away. It took him 10 days. He had a nurse to help him. He stayed in bed the whole time. It was peaceful.

I think you would need a nurse or someone to help take care of you since you are in bed at least the last days. You are in a coma for a day or two according to her.

B

Bigyeah

Jul 18, 2020
Hmm what was the Ted talk of you don't mine me asking? It's been 2 days without water for me but very little to eat. Would like to gain better perspective

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
You'll leave your apt at some point to get water. I'm not trying to be negative, but this is just going to end up being a shitty couple of days for you, that's all.

B

Bigyeah

Jul 18, 2020
You may be right. As my brain keeps looking for ways, stumbled upon a resource site with respect to caffeine fatalities. Not that I'm going to drink hundreds of cups of coffee but think I've found a way to CTB once and for all!

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
You may be right. As my brain keeps looking for ways, stumbled upon a resource site with respect to caffeine fatalities. Not that I'm going to drink hundreds of cups of coffee but think I've found a way to CTB once and for all!
Look into a free e-version of the peaceful pill handbook. They're comprehensive. Again, not trying to be negative, but its important to be realistic about the decision to ctb...and the chances of you coming up with a creative, magic way to kys peacefully are extremely small. =(

Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
In the UK Dr's can withdraw treatment in the terminally ill so you die from dehydration but pts are always given morphine and anti sickness iv. It varies between days and weeks. I helped my mum along by tampering with her morphine infusion and no one noticed.

B

Bigyeah

Jul 18, 2020
Only if I lived in Europe or the US, CtB would be so much easier
Look into a free e-version of the peaceful pill handbook. They're comprehensive. Again, not trying to be negative, but its important to be realistic about the decision to ctb...and the chances of you coming up with a creative, magic way to kys peacefully are extremely small. =(
Free version only gives first number of pages free, no actual beneficial info is provided unless you buy it. Which I have no $ to do so even if I wanted

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
what was the Ted talk of you don't mine me asking?
Google Ted Talk VSED.

Your mouth and lips will be uncomfortably dry. They make moist things on a stick for this purpose to relieve that or maybe you can think of something to moisten them. Some lip balm may help.

Last edited:
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020

Free version only gives first number of pages free, no actual beneficial info is provided unless you buy it. Which I have no $ to do so even if I wanted
Why would it be easier in europe or the US?

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020

Its two years old, so some of the smaller details may have been updated (like the recommended SN dose being 25g now, not 15g.) But almost all of it is still accurate and its a lot better than nothing, especially to get a general ideas about methods and their reliability/peacefulness.

feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
A lot of people that choose to die this way are often old, weak, and terminally ill. They're often under the care of nurses so that any pain they may have is remedied. While someone in that situation could die relatively quickly because of how sick they are, it may not happen that way for you if you're in decent physical health. It could be a very drawn out process.

It's not a really reliable way of ctb. But if you feel this is what you want, then so be it. Do some research if you can and be aware of the risks before you commit to anything.

Reactions: falloutcarter13
B

Bigyeah

Jul 18, 2020
Why would it be easier in europe or the US?
Because I could simply buy a gun and that would be that. Especially US
Its two years old, so some of the smaller details may have been updated (like the recommended SN dose being 25g now, not 15g.) But almost all of it is still accurate and its a lot better than nothing, especially to get a general ideas about methods and their reliability/peacefulness.

Thanks for the send, only thing relevant in that book to CTB is N, but impossible to get anymore via shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meditation guide
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Because I could simply buy a gun and that would be that. Especially US

Thanks for the send, only thing relevant in that book to CTB is N, but impossible to get anymore via shipping.
Lol the methods in that link are a lot more relevant than trying to kill yourself with dehydration or caffeine, but its your call!

B

Bigyeah

Jul 18, 2020
Lol the methods in that link are a lot more relevant than trying to kill yourself with dehydration or caffeine, but its your call!
None of them attainable by simple means. Keep your opinions to yourself, thanks

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
None of them attainable by simple means. Keep your opinions to yourself, thanks
You may think I'm being a smart ass, but I'm really just trying to help you, my friend. Killing yourself isn't simple or easy. As I said before, for someone who truly is ready to ctb and is considering a method, its important to be realistic. Thinking you're just going to stop drinking water and have a simple death is not realistic. The human body is extremely hard to kill, and that link I provided you is full of the easiest and most pain-free methods known to man. Caffeine and dehydration are not in there for a reason. I won't comment on your stuff anymore if you're just looking for people to agree with you when you've got a mistaken idea, that's no problem. I'm only trying to help because I know you're in pain, or you wouldn't be here. Believe it or not. I really do wish you the very best of luck in whatever you choose to do, and I'll be holding a good thought for you bud.

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide, Nohopeinhell, esse_est_percipi and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
think I've found a way to CTB once and for all!
Please keep us posted. I have been reading up on people doing this and it's definitely doable.

Reactions: Luz and jakaka