mxigz

mxigz

Aug 22, 2023
I think most people here will agree with me on this, but when I try bringing it up around people in real life they act like I'm being really morbid.

I've always seen death as a reward. Life is full of struggle and suffering, no matter who you are or what your situation is, everyone's life is a series of barriers and problems to solve. Yes some people's are worse than others, but no one has no issues in their life. Or atleast a very small percentage of the population, but still, I doubt anyone is fully problem free.

It's exhausting. I don't know how people bear it. I see death not as a punishment or something to be afraid of, but something to welcome with open arms. Wouldn't it be perfect to just switch your struggling off, never have to worry about anything ever again, never have to feel pain again, because you don't think at all? Because you don't even exist anymore? I honestly don't understand why so many people are afraid of death when really it just means eternal rest after a difficult life of stress and worries and pain. Even for non depressed people, life for most is still a constant uphill battle, a series of issues and tasks that need solving before you move on to the next one.

I really hope there isn't an afterlife of any kind because I look forward to the endless nothingness that I believe comes after death. I would be so fucking upset if I finally died just to find out I have to go back and live ANOTHER life. Or god forbid heaven or hell exists and I have to live with myself for all eternity. No disrespect to religious people, I just personally would hate it. I crave the permanent release of death and would hate to go through all this suffering just to find out I have to do it all again.

Is anyone here religious or believes in life after death? I'm curious on if there are suicidal people who believe in an afterlife and how it affects their views on the things I've discussed. Feel free to share

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: OverBeforeStart, Rogue Proxy, Hollowman and 10 others
UndeadSpectre

UndeadSpectre

I dream of eternal liberation
Sep 20, 2023
I just daydream about my trauma all day, i can barley think. Sometimes i even make up traumatic events in my head. Its so fucking exsausting. Death is the only soltuion to my problems.

• Hugs
Reactions: foreverfalling, LivideLamb, sserafim and 3 others
mxigz

mxigz

Aug 22, 2023
I just daydream about my trauma all day, i can barley think. Sometimes i even make up traumatic events in my head. Its so fucking exsausting. Death is the only soltuion to my problems.
I get what you mean, my brain is constantly overthinking and I can't wait to die and for it to just be quiet for once. Wishing you luck, I'm sorry you're going through this

Reactions: sserafim, cscott and UndeadSpectre
UndeadSpectre

UndeadSpectre

I dream of eternal liberation
Sep 20, 2023
I get what you mean, my brain is constantly overthinking and I can't wait to die and for it to just be quiet for once. Wishing you luck, I'm sorry you're going through this
Do you also suffer from mental health issues caused by trauma?

mxigz

mxigz

Aug 22, 2023
Do you also suffer for mental health issues caused by trauma?
I'm not sure, I don't think trauma has caused any mental health issues, I think it's probably just worsened pre-existing depression and anxiety most likely

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LivideLamb, sserafim, cscott and 1 other person
dmdmdm

dmdmdm

Student
Sep 20, 2023
I am currently trying to figure out what I want to achieve by CTB. Lately, my mind just really keeps changing (I think I'm bipolar). As much as I would love to, I just cannot Imagine nothingness. On the one hand I feel like I'm the only actually exisiting being and when I die, I will wake up in another reality as I have for an unlimited amount of times already just to be where I'm at right now. It feels like dying is impossible, maybe I've already died today but Just woke up in the eternal loop? That thought is really destroying my brain and makes me want to CTB just out of curiosity so badly. On the other hand I feel like life is meaningless, I am nothing special, me being dead or alive doesn't change anything just as it does with nobody. Currently, I'm trying to overcome my social anxiety and try to give life a last shot manipulating myself to like certain things just to fit in. If that doesn't work I'll drown myself, just looking for a date right now. I think Valentine's Day would be a poetic ending.

Anyway, I don't think there is an afterlife. Either I am the only conscious being trapped in some sort of simulation that I will never get out of or only if I CTB or if that's not the case and you're actually the same as me death is meaningless and nothingness would be the only logical thing after death.

Reactions: sserafim, cscott and mxigz
mxigz

mxigz

Aug 22, 2023
I am currently trying to figure out what I want to achieve by CTB. Lately, my mind just really keeps changing (I think I'm bipolar). As much as I would love to, I just cannot Imagine nothingness. On the one hand I feel like I'm the only actually exisiting being and when I die, I will wake up in another reality as I have for an unlimited amount of times already just to be where I'm at right now. It feels like dying is impossible, maybe I've already died today but Just woke up in the eternal loop? That thought is really destroying my brain and makes me want to CTB just out of curiosity so badly. On the other hand I feel like life is meaningless, I am nothing special, me being dead or alive doesn't change anything just as it does with nobody. Currently, I'm trying to overcome my social anxiety and try to give life a last shot manipulating myself to like certain things just to fit in. If that doesn't work I'll drown myself, just looking for a date right now. I think Valentine's Day would be a poetic ending.

Anyway, I don't think there is an afterlife. Either I am the only conscious being trapped in some sort of simulation that I will never get out of or only if I CTB or if that's not the case and you're actually the same as me death is meaningless and nothingness would be the only logical thing after death.
It's interesting to see another perspective, it must be really hard feeling like you're trapped in a simulation

Reactions: sserafim, cscott and dmdmdm
dmdmdm

dmdmdm

Student
Sep 20, 2023
It's interesting to see another perspective, it must be really hard feeling like you're trapped in a simulation
It influences my social life in a negative way too. It's pretty much what made my girlfriend break up with me. I wish I had known earlier that I was mentally ill and could've done something about it before she broke up. I don't blame her, I am a bad and narcisstic person and espescially was at the time because I just didn't realize it. Too bad I want to CTB now.

• Love
Reactions: mxigz
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I see Death as a relief, not a reward--No belief in afterlife for me, but If I felt differently than that, I'd CTB sooner, just to be able to see her again

• Love
Reactions: foreverfalling and mxigz
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I think most people here will agree with me on this, but when I try bringing it up around people in real life they act like I'm being really morbid.

I've always seen death as a reward. Life is full of struggle and suffering, no matter who you are or what your situation is, everyone's life is a series of barriers and problems to solve. Yes some people's are worse than others, but no one has no issues in their life. Or atleast a very small percentage of the population, but still, I doubt anyone is fully problem free.

It's exhausting. I don't know how people bear it. I see death not as a punishment or something to be afraid of, but something to welcome with open arms. Wouldn't it be perfect to just switch your struggling off, never have to worry about anything ever again, never have to feel pain again, because you don't think at all? Because you don't even exist anymore? I honestly don't understand why so many people are afraid of death when really it just means eternal rest after a difficult life of stress and worries and pain. Even for non depressed people, life for most is still a constant uphill battle, a series of issues and tasks that need solving before you move on to the next one.

I really hope there isn't an afterlife of any kind because I look forward to the endless nothingness that I believe comes after death. I would be so fucking upset if I finally died just to find out I have to go back and live ANOTHER life. Or god forbid heaven or hell exists and I have to live with myself for all eternity. No disrespect to religious people, I just personally would hate it. I crave the permanent release of death and would hate to go through all this suffering just to find out I have to do it all again.

Is anyone here religious or believes in life after death? I'm curious on if there are suicidal people who believe in an afterlife and how it affects their views on the things I've discussed. Feel free to share
I agree when you say that Death is a reward. Life is prison torture slavery an imposition. Why continue to live under constant threat of extreme torture? There is no objective reason to even live at all much less to have to work so hard and be under threat of extreme torture. Death / non-existence of course frees one from this prison trap obligations problems threat of pain and suffering 1000 other horrible things forever. After death a human ceases to exist forever. so you have nothing to fear about any afterlife , reincarnation or rebirth

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Hollowman, sserafim and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I also see death as that, in my case I've only ever wished for nothingness and it comforts me so much the thought of being dead. I see it as always being preferable to not exist, to me it's always better that this cruel and harmful existence disappears and is forgotten about as existing just leads to suffering and it's all futile anyway.
It sounds so appealing to fall into an eternal, dreamless sleep, I've only ever wished to be at peace, I've never had any interest in existing.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, sserafim and mxigz
S

sleepeternal

Sep 18, 2023
I can readily, and easily agree with the idea of death as its own reward. Having to exist is unbearable, there comes a point when the strongest stoic must break. The nature of life is transient, most will ebb through states of joy, states of misery.

Some only move from woe to woe. To be rid of it all is a gift I hope to accept in the coming days. To quote Faust's Mephistopheles:

...yet circle back
Existence to possess
I'd rather have
Eternal emptiness

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and mxigz
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

I believe that death is a reward for all the suffering in life. Now you can have eternal rest and peace, and never have to work a day again…

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, mxigz and pthnrdnojvsc
whywhywhy

whywhywhy

Jun 11, 2021
Death is the only thing truly fair in this world. We were born with no clear purpose, some in extremely shit situations like our ancestors that had to go to the extremes to survive or people having the worst tortures made to them and unable to die.

People that think that death is bad have very little imagination. Any human extremely tortured every day would change their opinion about death extremely fast no matter how anti death they are. Hell they would probably do extreme things to their loved ones just to make the pain go away. Im pretty sure you could make anyone do anything with enough pain and time.

On a side note I think most suicidal people dont believe in god because living more doesnt fix it for them. And eternal life sounds like torture to me. Eventually youll get infinitely bored, all motivation will die after doing the same shit millions and millions of times.

The only scenario that does it is if someone resets your brain and your memories but at that point you stop being you.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, pthnrdnojvsc and mxigz
mxigz

mxigz

Aug 22, 2023
Death is the only thing truly fair in this world. We were born with no clear purpose, some in extremely shit situations like our ancestors that had to go to the extremes to survive or people having the worst tortures made to them and unable to die.

People that think that death is bad have very little imagination. Any human extremely tortured every day would change their opinion about death extremely fast no matter how anti death they are. Hell they would probably do extreme things to their loved ones just to make the pain go away. Im pretty sure you could make anyone do anything with enough pain and time.

On a side note I think most suicidal people dont believe in god because living more doesnt fix it for them. And eternal life sounds like torture to me. Eventually youll get infinitely bored, all motivation will die after doing the same shit millions and millions of times.

The only scenario that does it is if someone resets your brain and your memories but at that point you stop being you.
Whoa you put it into words really well, I agree 100%

Reactions: whywhywhy
Ashe

Ashe

Born to suffer for others
Sep 20, 2023
I very much do believe that death is ultimately a reward but one that comes at the cost if you're truly content with everything that you've done up until that moment. Which sounds kind of daunting or selfish but I believe its completely up to you and what makes you believe that you did good enough for death to be a reward. But to alot of people death is seen as tragic unless you live a long 90+ years of life which for a lot of us could seem really impossible or selfish when in reality that death is the only thing that's truly beautiful.
To me death is not just a reward it's the only thing that I believe would make me happy is knowing that my time was over in just moments.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mxigz
whywhywhy

whywhywhy

Jun 11, 2021
Whoa you put it into words really well, I agree 100%
Thanks your post kinda resonated with me because thats the same thought that resonated with me over the years and probably the main reason I think society should be more open about letting or facilitating methods to people choosing to end their lives.

Its kinda funny that serial murderers have access to easier and more humane ways to die that the average person since we need to act as smugglers while risking our freedom just to have a better way of dying that jumping from somewhere high and possibly getting paralyzed.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and mxigz
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
I read the title and literally thought of the idea of using death as a reward or incentive to do something. Like the government offering you a peaceful death in your retirement if you are a good little citizen. Imagine how hard you would work for that!