B

bhav

Mar 23, 2019
I want to die, I want to be dead but I can't bring myself to do it because of the fear. Not necessarily the fear of what comes next, I don't really believe in anything next, in an afterlife. More the fear of the act itself, the fear of the pain it will cause to myself, to my body and having to go through that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Loner, Moonicide, JustHeckinKillMe and 1 other person
6ixxy

6ixxy

I sank so she could swim
Apr 26, 2019
What is your method if you don't mind me asking?
Survival instinct plays a BIG part in wanting to CTB.
From my understanding I think being unable to fully commit to it is partly down to subconsciously not wanting to do it, deep down in your mind something is telling You not to do it, meaning you aren't ready even if you think you are. I could be wrong and you could just have a great survival instinct, but to overcome that I think you'd need to be heavily medicated with benzos or something that will render your mind essentially useless at the time.

Reactions: bhav, ManWithNoName, MeltingHeart and 3 others
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
From my understanding I think being unable to fully commit to it is partly down to subconsciously not wanting to do it, deep down in your mind something is telling You not to do it, meaning you aren't ready even if you think you are. I could be wrong and you could just have a great survival instinct, but to overcome that I think you'd need to be heavily medicated with benzos or something that will render your mind essentially useless at the time.
I agree.

• Hugs
Reactions: 6ixxy
B

bhav

Mar 23, 2019

I'm thinking about hanging. I have a rope but I'm too afraid to use it. I think you're right, there is a part of me that doesn't want to do it, maybe not just because I'm afraid, but also because it feels like a waste of my life and one part of me keeps telling me there's so much to live for but the other part is saying there's no point in trying. So, I don't know what to do or which part to listen to. Maybe to actually do it, you have to have all of you wanting to do it and you can't have any doubts. Thanks for the comment.

A

Ark

Arcanist
Oct 18, 2019
If you have any doubt don't CTB. I have more respect for people that have the inner strength to listen to that part of themselves. CTB is a final option. There is no changing your mind afterword. If you have doubts, or feel maybe you want to live for whatever reasons, you need to listen to them. I will always say to never CTB until you are completely sure and ready.

Reactions: misterskinners, Loner, Ame and 4 others
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
This.

• Love
Reactions: 6ixxy
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
If you have any doubt don't CTB. I have more respect for people that have the inner strength to listen to that part of themselves. CTB is a final option. There is no changing your mind afterword. If you have doubts, or feel maybe you want to live for whatever reasons, you need to listen to them. I will always say to never CTB until you are completely sure and ready.
You are at the wise phase with your amount of posts, and that statement proves it. ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: Ark
B

bhav

Mar 23, 2019
I have this longing feeling that I'm not good enough or that I can't function in society and so I have to leave this world to solve that, but I guess if I work on that feeling, and feeling better about myself, I could attempt to keep going.

I guess it's a question of how sure you have to be to actually do it. Even if I feel very sure, I feel like I'll still have doubts about reasons I should keep trying, so I don't know at what point it's okay to let go and give up.

A

Ark

Arcanist
Oct 18, 2019
It's not about giving up. It's about the finality of it. If you think you can get better then try. If you feel life can possibly have meaning for you then explore that possibility. You can always go back to deciding to CTB if every single possibility fails. But, you can never come back to explore any of those after you CTB.

Reactions: Ame, bhav, Escape Artist and 1 other person

Experienced
Sep 10, 2019
I'm in the same situation.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: bhav and Ark
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
This too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ark
B

bhav

Mar 23, 2019
It's not about giving up. It's about the finality of it. If you think you can get better then try. If you feel life can possibly have meaning for you then explore that possibility. You can always go back to deciding to CTB if every single possibility fails. But, you can never come back to explore any of those after you CTB.
I guess, but does that mean every person on this site has no other possibility than to CTB?

A

Ark

Arcanist
Oct 18, 2019
If you have hope then yes. Please remember this is all just my opinion. But, yes. If there is hope, it should be explored. I considered every single possibility to try to find any chance of living. After a very long time I came to the point that there are no more chances of not being in constant pain on several levels. There are no more chances of hope. Only then did I conclude it was time to CTB.

Reactions: bhav
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I don't have any fear of it, as long as I choose a pain-free method. I just haven't got my supplies yet. When I talk about it, I feel relief.

It's weird, every time I have come closer and my plans become more developed for ending my life - at first I have been a bit in shock and incredulous, and then as I get used to it, just relief. I think the relief is definitely a sign that I am serious.

I am struggling my way through another medication or two (perhaps) but really I want this over.

Reactions: bhav