T

torentrap

Mar 10, 2020
Hi all.

Are some of you secretly hoping to get a deadly disease (like cancer) , researching all about it etc.
Or what if you already suspect you have something ?
I might have the start of melanoma (I see some new brown bump on an old pale mole ) , so very likely melanoma. Stage 4 without treatment is terminal :)

Off course I'm a bit in the middle as I have loved ones , that I would feel bad leaving behind.
But either way this board is supportive of whichever anyone decides to do :)

Reactions: HoolioCoolio
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Yes,i do hope i get quick deadly disease as well just so that i dont have to pull the trigger. Its easier on family as well. I dont know how to contract them tho so im leaving that to random chance and luck

S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
Not really, disease is crippling and painful. Although I get what you mean and sometimes feel that way.

E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
Better ctb by choice, or a fatal accident than disease. I guess it's possible to take a fatal accident?

Reactions: coconut lover
HoolioCoolio

HoolioCoolio

Stay in a strong place in your mind
Mar 4, 2020
yes I feel you, the being frantic about having a disease is hypochondriac type stuff.

Morphosis

Morphosis

Experienced
Sep 22, 2019
I've spent the last year trying various methods to CTB - fentanyl OD, (underestimated my tolerance), helium exit bag (party store must've mixed oxygen in there) and finally hanging (necktie ripped in half.) The last attempt earned me a 5 week stay in a psych ward.
I was sent for an ultrasound of my abdomen/ pelvis a couple of weeks ago and my GP tells me they have "seen something" 5cm in diameter so have to go for an urgent MRI.
Am now feeling a bit guilty that I actually don't give a flying f*** if I have cancer or not. Knowing my luck it'll be completely benign and harmless.

• Hugs
Reactions: eleka1801, disabledandhopeless and AnxietyAttack44
A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
I've spent the last year trying various methods to CTB - fentanyl OD, (underestimated my tolerance), helium exit bag (party store must've mixed oxygen in there) and finally hanging (necktie ripped in half.) The last attempt earned me a 5 week stay in a psych ward.
I was sent for an ultrasound of my abdomen/ pelvis a couple of weeks ago and my GP tells me they have "seen something" 5cm in diameter so have to go for an urgent MRI.
Am now feeling a bit guilty that I actually don't give a flying f*** if I have cancer or not. Knowing my luck it'll be completely benign and harmless.
Im sorry about your failures. I failed alot as well and every new attempt feels more difficult to do. I still cant afford to be commited to a psych ward.

About thing they found, i hope it wont be painful and unbearable ordeal. Good luck with everything

• Hugs
Reactions: Morphosis
Morphosis

Morphosis

Experienced
Sep 22, 2019
Im sorry about your failures. I failed alot as well and every new attempt feels more difficult to do. I still cant afford to be commited to a psych ward.

About thing they found, i hope it wont be painful and unbearable ordeal. Good luck with everything
You're very kind, thank you :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
FreddieQuell

FreddieQuell

:):
Apr 14, 2020
yes I feel you, the being frantic about having a disease is hypochondriac type stuff.

Inverse hypochondria - being overjoyed with having a deadly disease :wink:

• Love
Reactions: AnxietyAttack44 and HoolioCoolio
M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
only if it would not cause more pain and suffering and could get me diagnosed with only 6 months to live so I could qualify for assisted death.

E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020

Sorry about the failed attempts. How did it go with the helium? Did you follow the instructions? You need a significant amount a regulator etc

Morphosis

Morphosis

Experienced
Sep 22, 2019
Sorry about the failed attempts. How did it go with the helium? Did you follow the instructions? You need a significant amount a regulator etc
Yes I bought 2 tanks online, then all the equipment and tubing from a hardware store, and followed exact instructions from "Final Exit" by Derek Humphries. The ad for the product said 99% but when it arrived it didn't have a percentage anywhere on the tanks or packaging. I went through both tanks fully and didn't even pass out, I was so disappointed as had really expected it to work. I did end up with a bloody awful headache and projectile vomiting for the next 2 or 3 days. What a waste of nearly £100!!!

• Aww..
A

AnxietyAttack44

Jun 5, 2020
Yes I bought 2 tanks online, then all the equipment and tubing from a hardware store, and followed exact instructions from "Final Exit" by Derek Humphries. The ad for the product said 99% but when it arrived it didn't have a percentage anywhere on the tanks or packaging. I went through both tanks fully and didn't even pass out, I was so disappointed as had really expected it to work. I did end up with a bloody awful headache and projectile vomiting for the next 2 or 3 days. What a waste of nearly £100!!!
Thats just plain horrible. Dissapointment alone hurts..

E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
Oh too bad. Is quite strange you didn't pass out. Never thought of getting the gas from other provider or even q different inert gas? Since you already have everything else and are familiar with the method seems a great alternative

Last edited:
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I think in Humphrie's updated version of his book he states that the ratio of helium to oxygen in the tanks today has changed so unfortunately the exit bag method is no longer viable.

A deadly disease would be an arduous way to go unless one is lucky enough to get something that causes a quick and painless death—but the operative word here is "luck".

If I had luck my way, preferable to go out in a doomed airline flight. Impact should kill one instantly, or at least immediately render one unconscious, then the flames would finish the job. No cremation to pay for as one's body gets incinerated:

Last edited:
Reactions: Morphosis and AnxietyAttack44
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I don't wish for disease. I think the clue is in the name. It's unlikely for there to be any ease about it, or comfort.

It's like people suggesting gruesome methods of suicide. Why would I run when I can catch the bus. I'm all about an easy way out.

Morphosis

Morphosis

Experienced
Sep 22, 2019
Oh too bad. Is quite strange you didn't pass out. Never thought of getting the gas from other provider or even q different inert gas? Since you already have everything else and are familiar with the method seems a great alternative
Yes I thought about Nitrogen but have no idea about sources for that. It would have to be online as I'm in a very rural area and anything I read seemed to suggest it's much harder to get hold of when buying as an individual and not a commercial business. I also heard it's pretty expensive and haven't a bean to my name these days :notsure:
I think in Humphrie's updated version of his book he states that the ratio of helium to oxygen in the tanks today has changed so unfortunately the exit bag method is no longer viable
My exit bag attempt was around this time last year so unfortunately I hadn't read the updated version, I didn't even know he had updated it. Wish I'd seen that before spending the time and money to set it all up!
I like your preference, instantaneous death by plane crash. Bang, lights out. There are definitely worse ways to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: ebt88
E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
I was reading out of curiosity the megathread... 600L thats an amount!

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/exit-bag-and-inert-gas-megathread.8393/

You will need to keep the inert gas flowing at 15 liters per minute (Lpm) for 40 minutes to be confident of ending your life —in other words, you'll need a minimum of 600 liters of inert gas. In the past this would have been helium (He), but due to the uncertain availability of genuinely pure He, the best current options are nitrogen (N2) and argon (Ar). Both are reliably available in pure form (no air contamination) from stores that supply welders. N2 is also available from some brewery supply houses, but the purity of the gas should be confirmed to your satisfaction. Both N2 and Ar should work to ctb and are similar enough in their properties to be treated identically for use with an exit bag.