• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Those of you who have lost loved ones, firstly, I'm sorry for your loss. Do you feel like they are still with you in some sense or, when they departed, were they gone for good?

I lost a lot of family members throughout childhood. I grew up on the rose tinted ideas that they went to heaven but, they never really leave us. I'm not so sure that's true though.

I used to feel happy and safe in my Nana's house despite it being in quite a dodgy area. I used to maybe tell myself part of my Mum still resided there. It was pobably more to do with the environment my Nana created though. I can't say I've ever truly felt they were still with me though.

Now, I probably prefer the idea that when we go, we go for good. I don't fancy anymore life of any description to be honest.

Still, it always made me sad in the last Harry Potter film where the spirits of his deceased family are resurected to be with him at the end. He asks his Mum to stay with him and she says: 'We never left.' But- I think they do leave. Or, if they are still with us and they could contact us, why wouldn't they, when they can see we are struggling so much? What are your feelings/experiences?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Idk if this fits in here. I never had a grandpa bc they died before I was born (from both sides). there was grand-uncle which I considered to be a grandpa and I had grandmas but all of them died before or while I was in primary school, so to say I was very young. I never really missed them bc they lived far away and there was no daily contact either. My dad died when I was teen but that decades ago yeah I missed him but in the same time I also had too be strong bc boys aren't weak. It's probably the main reason why I'm like the way I am today.

Later in my life there were uncles and aunts dying (naturally) but it's not like a very strong family tie. My mum is still alive. Probably that's gonna be the biggest impact when that inevitably happens in the future.

Last edited:
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I'd really like to think so, and I love reading about paranormal experiences, ghost hunting, exploring abandoned places/stigmatized properties, and so on. Yet my actual life experiences following numerous losses have unfortunately yielded no sort of otherworldly contact or evidence of an afterlife.

My father has been dead since I was in my last year of primary school and I don't even remember what his voice sounds like. It was scary to me, to forget such an integral memory over time. If I didn't have photos, I would forget what he looked like completely as well. You'd think that it would come to me in a dream, but I've just accepted I will continuously forget many essential bits and pieces about the people I knew who are no longer here.

Before my grandpa died, I made sure I got at least one voice recording so that I could have something left to recall when he passed a few days later. There are so many things I wanted to know about my grandpa's life that he never told me, and I always hoped that maybe some sign would eventually appear and fill me in on these things or let me know that he's okay, wherever he is now. My grandpa had a massive crisis over religion when he was dying and was afraid that he had chosen the wrong one, so any sort of consolation or knowledge that my grandpa is no longer troubled by that would help. But no dice.

I had a good friend that died when we were both teenagers and for years I've been looking for anyone whose demeanour was like hers. No one has managed to even cut it close. She ctb and I will never know exactly why she did it, to this day I still don't have a definitive answer to this question, and probably never will. I've always wanted to believe that there was an afterlife so that we could be clued in on things like this, or receive a glorious reunion with all of those who have passed on, but as I get older it seems less and less likely that's the case.

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
The reason we get upset when people die isn't because of worry of where they are, it's because of the loss of connection to them.

Death is sleep until the day of resurrection. Some of us will resurrect into an eternal life, others will resurrect into eternal death.