B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
You know it's a bizarre reality. I'm either to exist in a joyless, lonely, colorless, uninteresting, and just generally miserable existence or die. That's it.

2022 -> Medical student with a future
Victim of a crime(s)
2023 -> homeless and without a future.

My debt and lack of ability to get a job as the one I should have was stolen from me. Makes it so I can't provide for myself. It's be a street urchin, beggar, panhandle or kill myself. If I stay alive it's knowing humanity despite the fact I gave my life to helping others tirelessly told me to effectively kill myself. I'm dead either way and everyone who should care doesn't. I'm made to feel like I minimize the things I've done undergrad degree, MCAT, medical school, whatever because humanity doesn't hate me that would mean they feel something. I am the epitome of irrelevant. I am literally nothing.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Uh1nStz3gJ-NaeX4vyfRwcpV3PvJWx47?usp=sharing. For those who know what I'm talking about here is the emails they should live somewhere I dont expect anyone to read them but it makes me happier knowing they are out in the either somewhere. While every email is there only a fraction of the other files are. And unfortunately I'm literally homeless. All I have is my phone and two outfits. Thank God for rope so I can die so I can finally live soon.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Some place nice, SVEN and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Being homeless is fucking brutal.
I lived in my car from Sept 2022 to August 2023.
My car engine seized up, so I had to go live in a slum shared house.
My money is running out fast and I'm soon to be homeless again in UK.
So sorry you are going through this.

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
So sorry you are going through this.
I wish I have a car but I don't because I was in medical school. I literally have two outfits (4 socks, 2 pairs of underwear, running tights for thermal, sweatpants, shorts, 2 long sleeve shirts, a workout shirt) and this phone. That's it. As with the above it's frustrating because I didn't put myself here. Or the qualifications for if I did are theoretically doing the right thing and being a victim of crime. Thought society helped people like that. Guess not.

I'm glad you got out. I'm hoping you find a way to not be homeless again. Good luck! If you need someone to talk to let me know.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Mage
Oct 14, 2023
I'm sorry you had what sounds like an awful crime happen to you and affect your life so significantly - idk what happened but it sounds like it was traumatising :(
I'm sure you already know but you can contact Shelter in the UK for help with homelessness, and StepChange for free financial / debt advice
Could you apply for universal credit/ benefits?
I don't really have the energy to read the emails but are those papers that you wrote? if so I just scanned them v briefly you seem really really clever

• Hugs
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
No car either, I had to scrap the last car and can't possibly afford another one.
It's imminent that I will be homeless again, I have no job either due to debilitating mental health issues.
I despise how society has treated you, it's heartbreaking how good people like yourself have their lives ruined because of lack of money.
Likewise , I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
So sorry you are going through this
If you're homeless in the UK, you're on emergency council housing list as long as you register. They also work with private housing sector to find you a home. Not to mention that you get your benefits for life as long as you show that you keep applying for jobs. If disabled, you get disability benefits that are adequate to live on, and free legal help to fill the forms, get assigned representative or social worker to help on ongoing basis. I really feel for US homeless people but in the UK you get a lot of help if you only ask. Not sure why you pay your rent when you're entitled to housing benefit (just apply) and are running out of your money if you're entitled to to UC or disability benefits, depending on your situation. Or do you mean that your spending habits/addictions make all your benefir money disappear, and you're always broke?

I got a council flat, and so can you. And benefits are more than enough to live on. The only way they throw you out is if you pocket your rent money and spend it on yourself. If you have this problem, allow the money to be paid to the landlord directly, so that you wouldn't have this temptation to spend it (read steal it).

Last edited:
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
If you're homeless in the UK, you're on emergency council housing list as long as you register. They also work with private housing sector to find you a home. Not to mention that you get your benefits for life as long as you show that you keep applying for jobs. If disabled, you get disability benefits that are adequate to live on, and free legal help to fill the forms, get assigned representative or social worker to help on ongoing basis. I really feel for US homeless people but in the UK you get a lot of help if you only ask. Not sure why you pay your rent when you're entitled to housing benefit (just apply) and are running out of your money if you're entitled to to UC or disability benefits, depending on your situation. Or do you mean that your spending habits/addictions make all your benefir money disappear, and you're always broke?

I got a council flat, and so can you. And benefits are more than enough to live on. The only way they throw you out is if you pocket your rent money and spend it on yourself. If you have this problem, allow the money to be paid to the landlord directly, so that you wouldn't have this temptation to spend it (read steal it).

The average waiting time for a flat here in the northwest of England is approximately 5 years, and even if I could get a private flat, housing benefit would only cover half of the rent.
I'm also perfectly capable of handling finances and have zero addictions.

R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
The average waiting time for a flat here in the northwest of England is approximately 5 years, and even if I could get a private flat, housing benefit would only cover half of the rent.
I'm also perfectly capable of handling finances and have zero addictions.
Housing benefits will cover 100% of the rent, depending on what flat you will get. You can also get a room in a shared house, and it's guaranteed to cover all the rent. In the UK you don't have to be homeless, unless you chose so. I'm from the UK myself and went through all of this. I should know.
Again, I really feel for US homeless folk. You have a very poor safety net.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's really so dreadful and cruel how people have to suffer so much in this existence, it must be so horrible what you've been through. But anyway best wishes.

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I'm sorry you had what sounds like an awful crime happen to you and affect your life so significantly - idk what happened but it sounds like it was traumatising :(
I'm sure you already know but you can contact Shelter in the UK for help with homelessness, and StepChange for free financial / debt advice
Could you apply for universal credit/ benefits?
I don't really have the energy to read the emails but are those papers that you wrote? if so I just scanned them v briefly you seem really really clever
I'm American so unfortunately not possible. If the US government doesn't care about how much less would the UKG care.

I did apply purportedly I was supposed to get a call as the next step to get approved never received a call. So unfortunately, I guess I don't qualify.

Co-authored but yeah I was president of the oncology research group at the time everything happened. I presented those at conference.
No car either, I had to scrap the last car and can't possibly afford another one.
It's imminent that I will be homeless again, I have no job either due to debilitating mental health issues.
I despise how society has treated you, it's heartbreaking how good people like yourself have their lives ruined because of lack of money.
Likewise , I'm here if you need someone to talk to.
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully your fortunes improve! We'll have to talk sometime.