Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
Hello, I'm new here so I'm not exactly sure if I'm doing this correctly! If not, I apologise. I also have not looked around the forum yet about this topic... which I should've done beforehand, but I've already started this thread... so here we go...

For a couple months now, after my first suicide attempt, I've been having thoughts of trying again but with a different method. Finally found a new method after doing some research online. I've set a date for tomorrow, so I hope I get response to this thread ASAP.

Not until about a week ago, I started questioning what happens after I die. No, not "where will my soul go" or "will I go to heaven or hell"... but what happens in real life? What happens after someone finds me? What will happen. Will the police be involved? What happens when the police are involved? What will they take from me? How will my police report look like? What will whoever finds me do? What will happen to all of my belongings?

These things won't really effect me after I die, but I'm totally curious what's going to happen. I would appreciate any insight to this. :)

Reactions: Anarchy, bag.of.cats and lv-gras
K

kaworu

Aug 27, 2018
Suicide is fairy common, and the police will have no time or inclination to do a long investigation or suspect foul play. They'll just issue a cause of death and off to the morgue, as a regular death.

From that point onward, it's just like any other death. Your assets will be distributed to your heirs, or closest relatives, unless you have specified a will. In some jurisdictions and countries, you cannot leave more than 50% of your belongings to someone appointed in a will, the other half go to your legal heirs (to avoid someone marrying you for the money and killing you).

Don't worry too much about it. It'll be fine. People paint suicide as this traumatic, horrible, awful event that destroys a whole family - couldn't be farther from the truth. People do live on, the funeral arrangements get settled quickly, and nothing will be too drastically affected. It'll be fine.

Reactions: Deutsch, Oblivion, Midnight and 8 others