• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

Ln42

Ihm/iai
Jun 13, 2018
Hi, my story is quite complex like most others, so I won't bore you!
I am pretty certain my weeks are numbered, but I have recently started DBT and I wondered if anyone has had DBT and if it helped or not?

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
If you can commit to it fully and suspend any disbelief for the duration then it can be a real game changer. It's not a cure - it's not meant not be and it's not written as such. But it does help different people have different lightbulb moments along the way. You'll never look at yourself and your reactions and other people in the same way again, that's for sure. I learnt so much from doing it. My only regret is that the group dynamics shifted so don't get attached like I did (stupid BPD, should have seen that coming 🤦) and I ended on bad terms.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lovedread and Ln42
L

Ln42

Ihm/iai
Jun 13, 2018
Thank you Ash for your reply. I have already made some changes and try to use my wise mind as much as I can but there is still that niggle that I am incapable of change (despite already making changes,) and that I deserve to die!
I am not getting close to anyone, as I get attached super easily so its best I keep my distance. I do worry how I will cope when it ends and not seeing my therapist weekly as she is really good and I am worried she is becoming my favourite person.
I'm sorry yours ended on bad terms but I'm pleased the therapy has helped you, that does give me some hope.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lovedread and Ash
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Talk to your therapist about it and go through it with her and all that. There's a sick bucket in the corner if it all gets too much 😉

• Yay!
Reactions: Ln42
L

Ln42

Ihm/iai
Jun 13, 2018
Talk to your therapist about it and go through it with her and all that. There's a sick bucket in the corner if it all gets too much 😉
😂 I may need that bucket! Yes that's good advice, I'll talk to her at our next appointment.

Reactions: Ash
Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
Hey, I'm about 16 weeks into DBT. It has helped kind of... I have managed to endure alot of urges. But I still feel pretty uncertain about staying alive. I anted the thoughts and urges to go away, but they haven't. I've struggled for a long time so keep trying to hold on to the fact it might take a long time to change, but I'm tired right now. I think alot of the people in my group are finding it really helpful and seem more able than me to be positive about the future so might just be a me thing. Maybe you can give it a go. There's nothing to lose really. Unaliving oneself is always an option but once done it can't be undone. I really hope that it helps you feel better

• Hugs
Reactions: Ln42 and Ash
L

Ln42

Ihm/iai
Jun 13, 2018
Hey, I'm about 16 weeks into DBT. It has helped kind of... I have managed to endure alot of urges. But I still feel pretty uncertain about staying alive. I anted the thoughts and urges to go away, but they haven't. I've struggled for a long time so keep trying to hold on to the fact it might take a long time to change, but I'm tired right now. I think alot of the people in my group are finding it really helpful and seem more able than me to be positive about the future so might just be a me thing. Maybe you can give it a go. There's nothing to lose really. Unaliving oneself is always an option but once done it can't be undone. I really hope that it helps you feel better
Thank you, it does help. I think I am 10 weeks in but do think I'm starting to find my feet. I'm just really impatient and want results now lol! Like you I have managed some urges but they are still there. You're right, I have nothing to lose I guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: Toobrokentofix
crystal_meth97

crystal_meth97

Nie mam zamiaru się poddać
May 1, 2024
Yes! 100% game changer for me. Now, it's not going to be as effective for everyone, but I say go for it and give it time and put in the work, as you will have to work a lot to get results, but it can be very rewarding and nice. I haven't even been doing it for a long time and it has already helped me and gave me some clarity and peace of mind and, most importantly, some useful skills I can apply IRL to deal with triggers and people.

Reactions: Toobrokentofix, Ash, vak and 1 other person
L

Ln42

Ihm/iai
Jun 13, 2018
Yes! 100% game changer for me. Now, it's not going to be as effective for everyone, but I say go for it and give it time and put in the work, as you will have to work a lot to get results, but it can be very rewarding and nice. I haven't even been doing it for a long time and it has already helped me and gave me some clarity and peace of mind and, most importantly, some useful skills I can apply IRL to deal with triggers and people.
Thank you so much, it's reassuring to know it can help and I am giving it my all atm.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Toobrokentofix and crystal_meth97
ger3172

ger3172

prove to me im not gonna die alone
Oct 23, 2021
Hi, my story is quite complex like most others, so I won't bore you!
I am pretty certain my weeks are numbered, but I have recently started DBT and I wondered if anyone has had DBT and if it helped or not?
Hi! I was in a similar situation and DBT has helped me wonders. I started in October last year. In November I tried to ctb and after failing I committed to therapy and meds and now I'm doing great. Got a job and a stable routine and have episodes very rarely (usually induced by toxic environments)
you can do it.
Therapy helps, meds do too, but removing things that make you ill is also so important. Having a support system as well.

• Love
Reactions: Toobrokentofix and Ln42
L

Ln42

Ihm/iai
Jun 13, 2018
Hi! I was in a similar situation and DBT has helped me wonders. I started in October last year. In November I tried to ctb and after failing I committed to therapy and meds and now I'm doing great. Got a job and a stable routine and have episodes very rarely (usually induced by toxic environments)
you can do it.
Therapy helps, meds do too, but removing things that make you ill is also so important. Having a support system as well.
Thank you, it's so refreshing to hear everyone's perspective and I am so pleased you are doing so well. It gives me hope. I know it's hard work but hopefully worth it.
I have my meds sorted, I need to come off some as I'm over medicated.
I have an appointment with my therapist this morning and I plan to have an honest conversation, so I hope she can also reassure me also.

Reactions: Toobrokentofix and Ash
Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

EVERYTHING IS F@CK3D
Jul 12, 2024
I know it helped a ton of ppl but for me personally? It didn't do shit. Only one of the "skills" actually worked for me. The rest just seemed like gaslighting/brainwashing to me