W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
So, I wanna ctb ASAP but... somehow, dates opportunities keep showing up.
What should I do?

Would you date any people even though you're depressed and suicidal?

What if one date turns into a serious relationship?
I'd hate to hurt any girl's feelings.

Damn, I'm so confused!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, NodusTollens, zi99 and 11 others
L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
I'd date a girl if both me and her were suicidal. That's actually kind of a dream of mine. Some crazy YOLO relationship, eloping or something. Always have suicide as a backup if things don't work out.

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, czx85, souljah222 and 12 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'd date a girl if both me and her were suicidal. That's actually kind of a dream of mine. Some crazy YOLO relationship, eloping or something. Always have suicide as a backup if things don't work out.
lol, you're so goddamn right about the "backup"

Reactions: Isisnefert, souljah222, Wrennie and 2 others
CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
I would advise against it if you're sure you will CTB in the near future, as it will cause an innocent person pain.

• Love
Reactions: Eatyourveggies12, LittleBabyNothing, ming and 11 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I would advise against it if you're sure you will CTB in the near future, as it will cause an innocent person pain.
Exactly!!! I agree with you! The thing is that I'm so confused that I don't know whether I will ctb or not soon!
Damn, I hate feeling like this!

• Hugs
Reactions: Eatyourveggies12, ming, Ghost2211 and 4 others
Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
Not interested in anything regardless of my/their mental state

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers, Ghost2211, Lostandlooking and 5 others
sourpink

sourpink

Student
Aug 27, 2020
my sentiments exactly.
I was kind of getting to know someone for a brief period of time (virtually of course, I'd rather not be a plague rat) and I sort of gradually came to the realization that in any scenario presented, I shouldn't be attempting romance. definitely too fucked up currently to drag anyone else down with me. and, bonus! turns out being suicidal etc. doesn't exactly make one seem all that appealing, or it does, and only attracts some dangerous bullshit.

• Hugs
Reactions: BandAddict, Myforevercharlie, Ghost2211 and 3 others
CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
Exactly!!! I agree with you! The thing is that I'm so confused that I don't know whether I will ctb or not soon!
Damn, I hate feeling like this!
If you're not sure, then I'd say go for it. Live your life to its fullest so you can make an accurate decision.

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, Querlista, Ghost2211 and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
If you're not sure, then I'd say go for it. Live your life to its fullest so you can make an accurate decision.
Thank you so much for your advice! I think you're absolutely right!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert, Ghost2211, Lostandlooking and 2 others
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I don't think it's so bad if you have no one. Maybe there are a lot of understanding people who would be happy to be there for the last chapter of their lives or bring about some happiness. Or maybe they will be weird idk.
More likely they will keep trying to save you because that's how human nature works and pro-choice isn't really that mainstream.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Lostandlooking, BlackPoppet and 2 others
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
I, like many others, WOULD JUMP AT THE CHANCE. You seem like a good-looking dude whose apathetic with his attention... Spare a thought for us 'incels*'...

*I don't identify as an incel btw, and all the unfortunate mysogyny that comes with the term. I just feel all the pain...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, sourpink and WornOutLife
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
I don't think it's so bad if you have no one. Maybe there are a lot of understanding people who would be happy to be there for the last chapter of their lives or bring about some happiness. Or maybe they will be weird idk.
More likely they will keep trying to save you because that's how human nature works and pro-choice isn't really that mainstream.
My sentiments exactly!!

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Sakura94 and WornOutLife
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Give it a chance and see where it goes. Ever considered things could change and you might end up happy? Maybe you won't be suicidal forever, you're still young. And if you never get a chance to be happy and remain suicidal, well then the option to ctb will always be there.

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, allwasnotwell, Lostandlooking and 5 others
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
Give it a chance and see where it goes. Ever considered things could change and you might end up happy? Maybe you won't be suicidal forever, you're still young. And if you never get a chance to be happy and remain suicidal, well then the option to ctb will always be there.
agreed!

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, Ghost2211, Lostandlooking and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
You've certainly given me some hope! Thanks a lot for your comment!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, Ghost2211, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
Dang I need to put myself out there more!

I consider myself relatively good looking, girls usually rate me 8/10, and I'd agree to be with a similar girl in a heartbeat. I'd probably be in a relationship now but I have no job and no money and don't plan to anytime soon. I'd be a good househusband though! ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert, Dortydoo, Nodscene and 3 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Would you date any people even though you're depressed and suicidal?
My hope would be to find someone who'd HELP me become less depressed and suicidal. I know it's unrealistic and even more unrealistic for anyone to help me eliminate those feelings entirely, but it's the only thing I've got left to try. I would hope that maybe if my partner is at the same level as I am then we'd be perfect for understanding the extent of each others' pain in ways nobody else could which would make things easier. Maybe that's just a crazy fantasy too, idk.

What if one date turns into a serious relationship? I'd hate to hurt any girl's feelings.

I feel the same way, which is mainly why I've never gotten into a relationship so far. Personally I wouldn't be willing to until they can show they'd truly be able to accept this part of myself.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wrennie, Ghost2211, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
I'm in a relationship and my suicidal thoughts currently are, he will never let me go. And it will hurt him a lot when I do go. But I'm hurting him staying too? So confused

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Lostandlooking and WornOutLife
P

paininme

Nov 17, 2020
I would go for it you have nothing left to loose you are already planning on leaving but who knows it could save you and a chance to be happy, others have done it before

• Love
Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
The other facet to this is if you have underlying problems another person is not going to be able to fix them, and the moment they may decide to leave you end up back at square one, or even worse.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, WornOutLife and sourpink
L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
The other facet to this is if you have underlying problems another person is not going to be able to fix them, and the moment they may decide to leave you end up back at square one, or even worse.
I'm pretty much not at all looking for someone to fix my problems I'm just looking for something to do lol. I mean my ex would give me positive reviews, and despite all the drama with her, still having something to do and work on is better than isolated suicidality. It's like....I could probably be a good partner for somebody emotionally and physically, it's just the situation needs to present itself which is hard given my current circumstances

• Hugs
Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
I'm pretty much not at all looking for someone to fix my problems I'm just looking for something to do lol. I mean my ex would give me positive reviews, and despite all the drama with her, still having something to do and work on is better than isolated suicidality. It's like....I could probably be a good partner for somebody emotionally and physically, it's just the situation needs to present itself which is hard given my current circumstances
It is hard for me to relate as I really enjoy my alone time and working on myself by myself is pivotal to me, but I can understand wanting someone to lean on when things get tough for you.

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Lostandlooking and sourpink
Leaving-Soon

Leaving-Soon

Nov 9, 2020
Not going to date anyone. Although I miss physical contact (not necessarily the sex), I'm not in a state of mind for any relationship and also wouldn't like to hurt the other half. Currently considering taking a 12-15 years old dog from a dog shelter.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sourpink, NodusTollens, Wrennie and 4 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Always been depressed so I don't have a choice tbh
We don't always have control over our lives

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sourpink, Dortydoo, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I'm not personal trying to date anyone because I'm sure that I will ctb someday in the future. If you have some hole left it could help you towards recovery I guess. But I wouldn't want to hurt someone by dating them and then ctb. It's a tough topic

• Love
Reactions: sourpink, Ghost2211, WornOutLife and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Well I'm depressed and dating a "normie" told him about my depression and my past ctb, was always asking me "are you ok?'" constantly. I had to say if you want this to work please stop asking me if I'm ok. I know dating is not the cure, in any way, but it's good to have someone who cares. Wish you good luck hun, I know you are suffering with your inner demons for quite a bit of time. Hugs sweetie. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: sourpink, Dortydoo, Ghost2211 and 2 others
W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020

True. Why not give yourself a chance. Just because it is easier to wallow in self-pity when you could meed someone interesting who could show you new things.

• Love
Reactions: Pookie, Ghost2211, WornOutLife and 1 other person
Leaving-Soon

Leaving-Soon

Nov 9, 2020
True. Why not give yourself a chance. Just because it is easier to wallow in self-pity when you could meed someone interesting who could show you new things.
Maybe because at least in my case, the only emotions I can really feel are sadness, (self)pity and anger.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sourpink, Ghost2211, WornOutLife and 1 other person
W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
Maybe because at least in my case, the only emotions I can really feel are sadness, (self)pity and anger.

Maybe true. Maybe not. I met a girl who made me feel things I thought I was not able to feel anymore. I felt dead inside. So, forgive me for not taking your statement as a fact.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, WornOutLife and Lostandlooking
Leaving-Soon

Leaving-Soon

Nov 9, 2020
But I guess that your statement shall be taken as a fact? I respect your view and experience, but at the same time, views and experiences of other people shall be respected too.
BTW got the same experience as you - the girl that changed my feelings. But sadly just temporarily, you can't run away from yourself.

• Hugs
Reactions: sourpink, Wrennie, Ghost2211 and 2 others