mizumono

mizumono

Aug 9, 2023
My country is experiencing unprecedented high temperatures that have been persisting since August, and today I read that it most likely will last until June, with even higher temperatures than the ones we've had that had already been killing people.

I have a bunch of problems, but how can I even expect or try to work on them if all i got ahead of me is doom? I need to ctb as soon as possible, i have no desire to live in these conditions, but i have two cats that at least need to survive the next few years… i can't bear the thought of seeing them die but i also can't bear the thought of ctb and leaving them at odds in the same shitty conditions i'm trying to be freed from. A part of me just wants to lay down with them and all of us go at once, but it'd be so cruel to choose this for them… but i never wanted to ctb more than now.

kelimackie

kelimackie

bleh
Sep 22, 2023
I feel exactly what you mean, I have 3 cats and one is suffering so much in this heat wave. It breaks my heart.

If your pets are young, I'd say maybe try rehoming them with loving families, and if they're old wait for them. I'm waiting on my 2 10yo boys, and then my 1yo is going to stay with my mom.

• Hugs
Reactions: mizumono
mizumono

mizumono

Aug 9, 2023
I feel exactly what you mean, I have 3 cats and one is suffering so much in this heat wave. It breaks my heart.

If your pets are young, I'd say maybe try rehoming them with loving families, and if they're old wait for them. I'm waiting on my 2 10yo boys, and then my 1yo is going to stay with my mom.
one is 8yo and the other is 9yo… they still have at least 5 years ahead of them, 5 years that i'm not sure i can take

• Aww..
Reactions: kelimackie
lunchbox

lunchbox

Nov 18, 2023
The global climate, both politically and environmentally, is pretty dire - so I think it's understandable that it contributes to your desire to CTB. I don't see the situation improving anytime soon either.

• Aww..
Reactions: kitty_kat, mizumono and Deleted member 65988
B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021
Yeah. We've utterly fucked the climate and the thought of what's to come genuinely terrifies me

• Aww..
Reactions: mizumono
D

Deleted member 65988

Yeah. We've utterly fucked the climate and the thought of what's to come genuinely terrifies me
Imagine what Gen z and Gen Zs children will have to go through and that's just in the next 20-30 years, can't even fathom the rest of the century going into the 22nd century.

mizumono

mizumono

Aug 9, 2023
thing is it's already happening… the crops here are already starting to be affected, the rain cycle won't be able to replenish water, this is all happening right now. i need to go now bc i have no interest in surviving this

S

Svenhog

Oct 26, 2023
Why not move to a cooler place? You can live your entire life without suffering too much from the climate crisis, if you just go to the right place.

mizumono

mizumono

Aug 9, 2023
Why not move to a cooler place? You can live your entire life without suffering too much from the climate crisis, if you just go to the right place.
i don't really have money to go somewhere else