Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
i don't know how to specifically explain it but to me this site became like reddit, somewhat..

after the stupid tantacrul video and the popularity the site gained the threads became a bit different.. i visit the site regularly but not much so correct me if I'm wrong..

personally when i visit the site i look for something that leads to my death.. like new SN sources, new methods, interesteing/informative threads about certain methods.. etc

the "suicide discussion" now is like 90% of it are venting threads(nothing wrong with it btw) , people asking questions that have been answered here like a hundred of times if they just used the search function. also saw many bumps of old threads by new members to up their account stats.. etc

am i the only one who feels this way? i used to browse the site for hours now i open the site and look at the top threads and just leave.. i tried change of pace and went to recovery and god it's filled with profilers i got disgusted.

i started feeling this way specifically after tantacrul's stupid video. so i made this thread to see if anyone feel the same and hear your thoughts..

do you think I'm exaggerating and over thinking it?

Reactions: Action, Niirvana, Aisley and 6 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I agree but we might have peaked in actual methods now.

We have plenty of easily accessible, reliable methods now, at least here in the UK and probably the US too. I suspect most users are from either country.

How many ways can you really talk about hanging yourself, mixing some chemicals or setting up an OD really?

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I see a difference. I haven't been a member for very long but while browsing posts from multiple years ago I notice that they are a lot different than how the posts are now. Like, even when I became a member here things were different and now I don't really stay on here that long, anymore. I just sleep.

Reactions: jar-baby
ViniTerrible

ViniTerrible

ᴴᵒˡᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗᵒ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʷᵃˢ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ʳᵉᵃˡ.
Jul 8, 2023
you're not over exaggerating it. most of the time when something goes viral, unfortunately it'll get ruined.

Reactions: Action, AntHills and Skathon
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
i don't know how to specifically explain it but to me this site became like reddit, somewhat..

after the stupid tantacrul video and the popularity the site gained the threads became a bit different.. i visit the site regularly but not much so correct me if I'm wrong..

personally when i visit the site i look for something that leads to my death.. like new SN sources, new methods, interesteing/informative threads about certain methods.. etc

the "suicide discussion" now is like 90% of it are venting threads(nothing wrong with it btw) , people asking questions that have been answered here like a hundred of times if they just used the search function. also saw many bumps of old threads by new members to up their account stats.. etc

am i the only one who feels this way? i used to browse the site for hours now i open the site and look at the top threads and just leave.. i tried change of pace and went to recovery and god it's filled with profilers i got disgusted.

i started feeling this way specifically after tantacrul's stupid video. so i made this thread to see if anyone feel the same and hear your thoughts..

I feel like peopl3 post instead of just searching becaus3 they aren't heard irl and they feel this is the only place that will hear them. They want to talk to people.

Reactions: anaschariac, Bluebunnysky and anhedonicNfoggy
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
I think it's great that people ask similar questions again, because then you get many more useful responses. Old threads are just dead.

Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
I see a difference. I haven't been a member for very long but while browsing posts from multiple years ago I notice that they are a lot different than how the posts are now. Like, even when I became a member here things were different and now I don't really stay on here that long, anymore. I just sleep.
i don't think it was a good idea by the mods to accept the mass people who registered in this site as they took over it, threads now have much less weight to them compared to before
like many people make a thread just to ask a single simple question
I feel like peopl3 post instead of just searching becaus3 they aren't heard irl and they feel this is the only place that will hear them. They want to talk to people.
we have a chat here where people can talk
I think it's great that people ask similar questions again, because then you get many more useful responses. Old threads are just dead.
i heavily disagree, no point in asking the same question 100 times

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
i don't think it was a good idea by the mods to accept the mass people who registered in this site as they took over it, threads now have much less weight to them compared to before
like many people make a thread just to ask a single simple question
You're right but that'd make me sound like a hypocrite lol

And I do agree, there is a search feature and there are always the same questions being asked now.. its really annoying.

lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
I haven't been here for long, but it mostly just seems like people desperate for methods with the limited resources they have available as well as healthy discussion mostly. It's very cathartic for me to engage with people of a similar mindset and I enjoy the culture here. Not in a condescending or rude way way but if you're just looking for CBT methods you don't have to engage with anyone. Recovery is for recovery purposes, so of course there will be more optimistic post as those people are actively looking to overcome the desire to CBT. I don't think it's pro life to want to help others who want help especially in a non platitude way which SS embodies. I post a lot about methods but mainly because I'd like to help others do so with the best methods possible. I think there could be a bit more of a comprehensive guide as some of the methods that are really effective you have to look deep for i.e Opioid overdose and GHB.

Last edited:
Reactions: voidstar, Action and Eudaimonic
anhedonicNfoggy

anhedonicNfoggy

i don’t know
Aug 7, 2023
Good to know. I'll try not to post too much. Idk just feels nice to communicate and hold the minimal social interaction I can have in my day. I'm incredibly boring and don't have any unique, intelligent, profound thoughts on suicide methods. But it just improves my mood when I post here. Didn't realize it's really annoying. I should have more self-awareness

Last edited:
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
Good to know. I'll try not to post too much. Idk just feels nice to communicate and hold the minimal social interaction I can have in my day. I'm incredibly boring and don't have any unique, intelligent, profound thoughts on suicide methods. But it just improves my mood when I post here
you can post whatever as long as it's not against the rules, especially if it helps you.

girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
yeah its different. i do not mind the influx of new people, i am however bothered by lack of discussion on the forums. feels like the same themes get discussed over and over again and new people (less then a week old) post a thread "ok im here and im desperate send sources in pm". like no one is going to send you anything because its against the rules, esp since its a young account and it just clutters up the forum and the interesting threads get buried under those lame ass posts. imho.

Reactions: Skathon
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
yeah its different. i do not mind the influx of new people, i am however bothered by lack of discussion on the forums. feels like the same themes get discussed over and over again and new people (less then a week old) post a thread "ok im here and im desperate send sources in pm". like no one is going to send you anything because its against the rules, esp since its a young account and it just clutters up the forum and the interesting threads get buried under those lame ass posts. imho.
exactly, can we make source requests limited to their respected megathreads instead of ppl making a thread just to ask for a source...

Reactions: girlsboysthems
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Yes something about the community has changed - not necessarily in an either positive or negative way. When I first signed up it seemed as if there were less users creating threads discussing suicide, but the threads involving those discussions were more in-depth, but also relaxed too; this is partly the reason I joined in the first place. There were many more users who would "come and go" - only joining to find a method, and then leave. Currently there seems to be a larger frequency of suicide discussion threads being created than before - and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this - but the issue is that it causes certain subjects to be worn out as they are rehashed over, and over again; I am guilty of doing this once or twice myself. I think it is because the forum has grown in popularity, so more like-minded people join. Plus, as previous members leave, the overall or "collective" culture of the forum changes too.

This post is not intended to be a criticism or attack either - just an observation.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Good to know. I'll try not to post too much. Idk just feels nice to communicate and hold the minimal social interaction I can have in my day. I'm incredibly boring and don't have any unique, intelligent, profound thoughts on suicide methods. But it just improves my mood when I post here. Didn't realize it's really annoying. I should have more self-awareness
Do whatever helps you! I never found anything wrong with your posts!

• Love
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
So many of the people asking about methods are just desperate though, it isn't like people can access the search function straightaway and many are likely in very horrific situations and just instantly want information. People on here are tired and are suffering enough anyway, I emphasise with those struggling to die.

I find it so inhumane how suicide is purposely made so difficult for people and it's beyond cruel how people even have to struggle to research suicide methods online in the first place, ideally suicide forums should never even need to exist in at all, we all deserve the option of a guaranteed way to cease existing in peace. And I guess this is the only place where people can be open about wanting to die which explains all the venting posts

Last edited:
Reactions: voidstar, Action, lwlaiet8887 and 2 others
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I don't agree. Ultimately, everything is derivative of something else. That's just the nature of how media works.

Reactions: lwlaiet8887
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023

They need to make the forums view for members only. Maybe leave the sticky threads public except for the methods. If you can't be bothered making an account and spending some time communicating with other suicidal people anonymously, you aren't ready to die.