• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Or maybe a relative of yours?

I had a friend who's also depressed and we would constantly talk about it. It feel good to be understood by someone finally. Although, it came to a point as if i were "a blind person leading the blind". Nowadays, I've been distancing myself from her (and everyone else) because i'm influencing her negatively. I'm afraid that i might lead her to ctb. I feel like a hypocrite.

Have you ever felt this way?And how do you cope with it?

Somehow it makes me think of this site for bit. Being here is bittersweet. I hate how we just have to make do with what we have.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I've felt guilty of sharing my issues to friends because then they feel down or helpless that they cannot help me. So if they talk about theirs, I'll talk about mine a little bit but to remain in context of the conversation and not just ramble away.

All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Very good thoughtful point.

I've had friends and relatives suffer from depression before but none are now which is a factor as to why I'm on here as nobody to talk to irl.

Selfishly I sometimes find myself wishing one of them was suffering now, but I would hate to drag them even further down. Never thought of this scenario