S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
Cyanide is available where I am. Is 5g enough to ctb? How does one check for purity?
What does it feel like to go by cyanide? I'm curious of the pros and cons of cyanide vs sodium nitrite.
Which is faster? Which is less painful? Which requires less prep work, etc…

Can anyone please help enlighten me? Thank you =)

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Early symptoms include headache, dizziness, fast heart rate, shortness of breath, and vomiting. This phase may then be followed by seizures, slow heart rate, low blood pressure, loss of consciousness, and cardiac arrest. Onset of symptoms usually occurs within a few minutes.

Reactions: Shunya
S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
Early symptoms include headache, dizziness, fast heart rate, shortness of breath, and vomiting. This phase may then be followed by seizures, slow heart rate, low blood pressure, loss of consciousness, and cardiac arrest. Onset of symptoms usually occurs within a few minutes.
I did read the same thanks to Google, yes. I wonder though if anyone has more knowledge on it though…

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Cyanide is generally known as a pretty painful way to go. The one that sticks out to me is a true crime case where a man poisoned his kids halloween candy with cyanide. The kid came down with extreme abdominal pain and vomiting before he eventually lost consciousness.

Reactions: Shunya
S

Shunya

Oct 23, 2023
Cyanide is generally known as a pretty painful way to go. The one that sticks out to me is a true crime case where a man poisoned his kids halloween candy with cyanide. The kid came down with extreme abdominal pain and vomiting before he eventually lost consciousness.
Does it take long before that happens? I don't mind painful if it's quick rather than something like sn that takes time and may fail?

There was a case some years ago where im from, where a girl laced her friends iced coffee with cyanide. That girl died in the cafe and it was reported to be quick.

Made me think of how spieds would bite on those cyanide pills and die almost instantly. Do you know the amount of cyanide they used in those pills?

I have nitrogen at home but would also like other options. I worry about turning into a vegetable.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Cyanide is available where I am. Is 5g enough to ctb?
Yes, that should be enough.

There is great variability among "lethal doses" reported in the literature, probably due to differences in supportive care and therapy rendered. The potential lethal oral adult dose of cyanide salts in the absence of medical care is 200 to 300 mg, although persons ingesting 1 to 3 grams (g) of cyanide salts have survived. Inhaling 600 to 700 ppm hydrogen cyanide for 5 minutes or approximately 200 ppm for 30 minutes may be fatal. Survival in any specific case often depends upon the rapidity and scope of treatment.

How does one check for purity?
Perhaps, something like this could help
What does it feel like to go by cyanide?
That depends on the kind of cyanide and how you consume it. The most efficient and fastest poisoning can be achieved with inhaling gaseous hydrogen cyanide at high concentrations like 1000 ppm, causing loss of consciousness in a few seconds. Ingestion of high doses of HCN or cyanides dissolved in water may have a slower onset, but still fast enough that you'd likely not suffer much from it.
I'm curious of the pros and cons of cyanide vs sodium nitrite.
I don't see any pros in sodium nitrite when comparing it to cyanides besides better accessibility.
Which is faster?
If you do HCN or KCN/NaCN poisoning in a right way, it should be way more fast.
Which is less painful?
Probably, no one here can tell you that for sure, but I suspect that a cyanide poisoning is more likely to be better in terms of discomfort if we compare best protocols for each method.
Which requires less prep work, etc…
Optimal protocols of cyanide poisoning appear to be more easy for me. They doesn't require long fasting (gaseous poisoning doesn't need it at all) or taking any auxiliary drugs.
Poisoning food is far from an optimal way of achieving rapid loss of consciousness and death. That example doesn't tell anything about the level of discomfort when CTB with a cyanide is done properly.

Last edited: