B

breezy999

Aug 20, 2023
I cut myself for the first time in a while and I want to cut deep enough to bleed and it's not for the intention to kill my self but it's to distract me from my emotions. I've never cut deep enough to bleed but enough to leave scars but I hate physical pain. I know I'm probably not making sense.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sannti
L

lessthanperfect

Student
Mar 30, 2023
I feel the same. Extremely low pain tolerance but I still do it (at least the little bit that I can). I want it to hurt my body but not to hurt me if that makes any sense and I always feel weak and ashamed after because it's too shallow to bleed or leave permanent scars.

B

breezy999

Aug 20, 2023
I feel the same. Extremely low pain tolerance but I still do it (at least the little bit that I can). I want it to hurt my body but not to hurt me if that makes any sense and I always feel weak and ashamed after because it's too shallow to bleed or leave permanent scars.
Thank you for sharing that. Idk if you feel this way but every time I cut and don't bleed I feel as if it's invalid in a way… if that makes sense. It makes me feel like it doesn't count or something even though I do leave scars.

L

lessthanperfect

Student
Mar 30, 2023
Thank you for sharing that. Idk if you feel this way but every time I cut and don't bleed I feel as if it's invalid in a way… if that makes sense. It makes me feel like it doesn't count or something even though I do leave scars.
I agree. Cutting is a stressful situation for me until there's blood. Then I have peace. It doesn't have to be a lot; just one drop is enough. Until then I feel like I'm faking it because I don't want to be in pain and if I stop it doesn't help at all.

Reactions: breezy999
nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
It makes sense, though of course you don't have to feel this way. For me personally, I have high pain tolerance and a lot of experience with cutting. But when I have a dull blade and can't make a "good" cut I end up feeling even more frustrated

• Love
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress and breezy999
A

aroundforalittle

Sep 19, 2023
I'm someone who scratches at my skin until it peels off since there's something about cutting that scares me for some reason. I like the lingering pain that occurs after an injury rather than the onset itself being extremely painful - are cuts like extremely painful at first or after?

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
I'm someone who scratches at my skin until it peels off since there's something about cutting that scares me for some reason. I like the lingering pain that occurs after an injury rather than the onset itself being extremely painful - are cuts like extremely painful at first or after?
Depends, if you do it fast the burning sensation afterwards is painful. If you go slow the sensation of skin separating feels a little like being shocked and it's more painful than afterwards in my experience. If you go deep it gets more unpleasant

• Love
Reactions: aroundforalittle
rabbitmalice56

rabbitmalice56

I ain't tryin' to live, pray I die
Sep 14, 2023
same, but mine is when i bleed a bit and it started clotting fast so it stops bleeding. I dont know how to stop the clotting since im also new to cutting and kind of scared if im gonna do something wrong and would need to get help and get discovered that i started cutting.