• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

restingplace

restingplace

Emo corpse
Mar 7, 2024
Cutting to me is like the best therapy I have. Each time I do it, it seems to just get deeper and more dangerous which I love. I like seeing the depth and if I did accidentally go too deep I would be more than happy because my death could be passed off as accidental If done correctly though unlikely

• Hugs
Reactions: voc_89 and Hotsackage
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
You likely won't die from cutting. If anything you are more likely to permanently injure yourself instead. Either way, cutting only feels nice until the realization of the full damage you've done to yourself hits you like a train, at least in my experience.

Reactions: restingplace, Changedmymind, ConfusedClouds and 2 others
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Yeah. And it's not just the wounds themselves. The surrounding skin on my arms is raw and blistered from wearing dressings for six months thanks to almost daily cutting and I still can't stop. Instead I'm having to find different ways to get different types of dressings to stay up just to give my skin a rest.

• Hugs
Reactions: restingplace and ConfusedClouds
A

AveMori

Feb 10, 2023
You likely won't die from cutting. If anything you are more likely to permanently injure yourself instead. Either way, cutting only feels nice until the realization of the full damage you've done to yourself hits you like a train, at least in my experience.
Honestly never cared about half of my body being scarred. Some people probably think I am crazy, but a lot of them might think I had a bad accident since I didn't do it very straight. Definitely not the best decision and therapy taught me other ways to handle stress, but I can live with them. They still tell a story, it's just a very sad one.

• Hugs
Reactions: restingplace and voc_89
C

Changedmymind

May 21, 2024
I don't think a cutting death could ever be classified as accidental. I've cut close to the bone and barely lost two pints of blood but then again I'm a casual compared to some of the stuff I've seen. Now I have trouble lifting or using even the basic household things so I would never recommend any activity of this sort. I still miss it though

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
I don't think a cutting death could ever be classified as accidental. I've cut close to the bone and barely lost two pints of blood but then again I'm a casual compared to some of the stuff I've seen. Now I have trouble lifting or using even the basic household things so I would never recommend any activity of this sort. I still miss it though
Yeah, that's not casual. A lot of people's views of cutting have been distorted by the internet but, irl, most cutters don't even reach the styro. I think this post and comment from reddit sums it up perfectly:

I've been in psych hospitals 3 times and residential treatment 3 times and I can confirm that the vast majority of people never go past the dermis (styro) or even into it. I thought my SH was in the low-middle in terms of severity on the spectrum of SH before I went to treatment because I had been so desensitized by forums and shtwt. The staff at my first residential place freaked out, put me on nearly 24/7 supervision, and almost sent me home on my first day because I had a cut down to fat (beans) from a few days before. ER staff and crisis counselors have told me that my SH is severe, but it's nothing compared to what I could see 1000s of times over if I opened shtwt or the self harm scars subreddit. It's so distorted online

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: restingplace and Ash
sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
What kind of tool did you use? I can't never really get to the bone with just a box knife

tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
Yeah, that's not casual. A lot of people's views of cutting have been distorted by the internet but, irl, most cutters don't even reach the styro. I think this post and comment from reddit sums it up perfectly:

i've really never liked the deeper sh internet corners have made it a competition or sport. if you cut, you cut. there's no "casual" about it. you're not lesser for doing it or for not going "deep enough".

Reactions: restingplace, Ash, ConfusedClouds and 1 other person
voc_89

voc_89

Student
Apr 10, 2023
thinking of doing exactly that a little later

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
i've really never liked the deeper sh internet corners have made it a competition or sport. if you cut, you cut. there's no "casual" about it. you're not lesser for doing it or for not going "deep enough".
Yeah, exactly. There way too many cases of people whose self-harm gets worse because of those parts of the internet. They just completely distort people's views on self harm.

Reactions: restingplace, tsumihoroboshi and ConfusedClouds
C

Changedmymind

May 21, 2024
What kind of tool did you use? I can't never really get to the bone with just a box knife
Just a dull kitchen knife. The duller it is the more damage you do I've heard, and realized

sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
Just a dull kitchen knife. The duller it is the more damage you do I've heard, and realized
Really? I thought you would need the sharp one to cut deep. Did you mean more damage as in the scars and muscle getting damaged?

C

Changedmymind

May 21, 2024
Really? I thought you would need the sharp one to cut deep. Did you mean more damage as in the scars and muscle getting damaged?
Sharp blade, you're reserved. Dull blade, you think you need to use all the force you can to do the "job" and you do. But then again to me it's been mostly on impulse and with no real plans for the future, because I think that when a man plans the future, the gods laugh

Reactions: sugarh1gh
G

GuiltyAsSin

May 27, 2024
I miss it. I used to do it. Not sure how I could ever go back. I'm married now and my husband would absolutely notice.

• Hugs
Reactions: restingplace
restingplace

restingplace

Emo corpse
Mar 7, 2024
Yeah, I'm aware it's highly unlikely but I'm fine with having it as just a coping strategy

Reactions: Ash