settheory

settheory

Bundle of perceptions
Jul 29, 2021
everywhere, even in this forum i occasionally read about how much better their childhood was than their life now right now. i, however, don't share that feeling. i even feel a bit annoyed when i read or hear that yet another time. even though i read from quite some people about child abuse and things like that, why don't i ever read or hear people directly telling that their current life is a actually better or less bad than their childhood? i feel that my life right now is actually better than my childhood, even now when i am considering death. if i had an option to return to my childhood, i would decline. though it wasn't your typical "poor beating alcoholic papa/mama" hard childhood or having a torturous disease, i still don't miss it much. who else feels that way?

• Hugs
Reactions: Winklemate, BeyondGoodNEvil and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Had a shit childhood and adolescence and so far I've had a shit adult life. I would say both have been equally miserable.

Reactions: suisuiforum and Skathon
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
Childhood was only better because I thought I could have upward mobility. I thought there were options and I even wanted to be emancipated. I was delusional. I achieved nothing and am adulthood is way longer than kid-doom. I can't do it.

It was a shit-show. Only child. Divorced parents. Bullied in school. Then terrible step parents. Bad at school. Isolated. But towards the end I thought I could enter x industry and make it. Ummm no. I was stuck then and still now.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and Winklemate
finish.me

finish.me

I need you to feel this
Jul 14, 2021
i can relate somewhat. though it's not the same situation because i was neglected and abused, and bullied, taken advantage of sexually, and in other ways, guilty and self hating starting around 8 years old. now im an adult and still just mildly abused, and it's objectively better. however i would say that if none of these things had taken place i genuinely think i would've still preferred adulthood, because before any of that stuff happening i truly remember just being bored, ALL THE TIME. nothing was interesting and i'd can recall just being in a constant phase of waiting for things, like waiting at a bus stop, waiting for lunch at school, waiting in bed for sleep, like nothing was genuinely enjoyable as a kid. I look back on early childhood and have no notable memories.

• Hugs
Reactions: everydayiloveyou, settheory and Winklemate
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
There is simply no way to make a distinction between the two for me, and it's very likely that this will never change.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
explaining eric cartman GIF by South Park

Reactions: finish.me