H

Hollow men

Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys,
As I said in other posts, I was born in a kind of christian "cult" (Jehova's witnesses) and luckily I was able to leave all that 9 years ago. They have very strict internal laws, so if you leave the cult no one can talk or have any kind of relation with you. I lost all my friends and most of my family but, honestly, I didn't care at all because I was finally free. So... today I get a phone call from an uncle I hadn't spoken to since 9 years ago. He tells me he has heard that I'm having physical problems and that I'm looking for a job I can do from my home. He has a company that sells products online so he says he can help me. Honestly, I was very surprised but happy, because I've been looking to do something productive and it's good to have someone who gives you a chance to do it and helps you. Now, I speak with him again and he's like "well you know, in order to be able to work together you would have to return to the cult, those are the the rules etc". Obviously I told him to go fuck himself. I honestly can't believe that these people are waiting until someone is vulnerable to try to manipulate them (almost extorsion I would say) into getting back with them. Hell, the guy is my uncle¡ I should have seen it coming, because I was part of their organisation during my childhood but man... I'm really shocked and angry right now.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: burnedCookie, BlueWidow, Stan and 1 other person
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Nothing as manipulative as a religious nut in my book. I have zero tolerance for all things religious. Its the greatest mindjob of all time.

So glad you managed to find a way to free yourself from them.

Reactions: Wayfaerer, BlueWidow, Lethe and 2 others
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
ex JW checking in .

I got out quite young / divided household ..born in .(non baptized )
Damage was done .

I rave a bit on here about not belonging and CPTSD related trauma ...

Sorry you are being F'd around like that .

I presume you know about r/exjw ?
I found that quite helpful.

I'm sorry you're here , but it's weirdly nice to say Hi to another .

• Hugs
Reactions: Hollow men, BlueWidow, Stan and 2 others
H

Hollow men

Nov 13, 2019
ex JW checking in .

I got out quite young / divided household ..born in .(non baptized )
Damage was done .

I rave a bit on here about not belonging and CPTSD related trauma ...

Sorry you are being F'd around like that .

I presume you know about r/exjw ?
I found that quite helpful.

I'm sorry you're here , but it's weirdly nice to say Hi to another .
Hey, nice to meet you¡ Sorry for your situation, I perfectly understand it. About not belonging, it's like always being an outsider in your own country: you don't understand traditions, morals, etc. All ex JW I know are having problems one way or another... still, it's better to be free than being a happy sheep.

In my case, I was not only baptized, but also my father is one of the elders so... you get the situation
If you allow me to, I'd like to PM you¡

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
OK
I am a little bit up tight about PM's , but that will be fine .
( I have boundary issues I think ! )

I'll send you one .