• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Has anyone tried to ctb via sleep deprivation? What was it like? Do you think that this is a viable method?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
lycheeginger

lycheeginger

no alarms and no surprises
Oct 21, 2023
I've been awake for over 7 days before and you go into psychosis and start having terrifying hallucinations weeks before you actually pass. People with fatal familial insomnia, who lose the ability to sleep, can survive for years.
You would just give yourself brain damage. It happened to me.

Himeasa

Himeasa

Feb 6, 2023
can second this, i've stayed up many hours for non ctb reasons before and never did i even come close to dying from it yet my body felt absolutely hellish during it.
That, and you'll in all likelihood be suffering hallucinations that could result in you being noticed and hospitalized, or otherwise hurt yourself in non-CTB ways. That's on top of the mental and physical strain.

I guess the latter could be solved if you consumed *a lot* of stimulants such as amphetamines, though that might lead to premature unconsciousness I'd wager as an amateur. In any case. if you have access to stimulants provided you might as well get fent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Sleep deprivation is basically torture. It's gotta be up there with drowing as one of the worst methods.
Is it bad that I kind of want to torture myself. I mean I'm already doing it by water fasting so why not add to it. Or maybe I have issues lol.

lycheeginger

lycheeginger

Oct 21, 2023
That, and you'll in all likelihood be suffering hallucinations that could result in you being noticed and hospitalized, or otherwise hurt yourself in non-CTB ways. That's on top of the mental and physical strain.

I guess the latter could be solved if you consumed *a lot* of stimulants such as amphetamines, though that might lead to premature unconsciousness I'd wager as an amateur. But if you had access to stimulants provided, you might as well get fent.
You're right. After a while it's like being blackout drunk. You risk injuries like falling and hitting your head.

Taking stimulants like that would definitely lead to heart failure long before sleep deprivation does anything beyond damage.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023

I guess the latter could be solved if you consumed *a lot* of stimulants such as amphetamines, though that might lead to premature unconsciousness I'd wager as an amateur. But if you had access to stimulants provided, you might as well get fent.
I have Adderall bc I have ADHD but it doesn't work exactly the same on me as it does on "normal" people…

B

barkbark

Jan 22, 2024
I guess the latter could be solved if you consumed *a lot* of stimulants
obviously these aren't the stimulants you were talking about but i swear some of the times i've been that sleep deprived i've probably come closer to a death by caffeine overdose than a death by sleep deprivation 😭

lycheeginger

lycheeginger

Oct 21, 2023
Is it bad that I kind of want to torture myself…I mean I'm already doing it by water fasting so why not add to it. Or maybe I have issues lol
A lot of people with severe depression feel that way. I understand what you mean. I really don't recommend it, though. Worst case scenario you end up with brain damage so bad you don't have the autonomy to do anything else.

Also, be careful with fasting. Drink broth, take supplements, drink pedialyte. I ended up in the hospital for about a week because I did the same. My electrolytes dropped dangerously low and I got refeeding syndrome.

C

conflagration

Student
Jul 29, 2022
There is some rare genetic disease which causes complete unability to sleep. It takes years to die by it.

• Informative
Himeasa

Himeasa

Feb 6, 2023
Is it bad that I kind of want to torture myself. I mean I'm already doing it by water fasting so why not add to it. Or maybe I have issues lol.
You'll desperately want for that torture to cease once you feel it. There's a reason that forceful sleep deprivation is considered an abuse of human rights.

You're right. After a while it's like being blackout drunk. You risk injuries like falling and hitting your head.

Taking stimulants like that would definitely lead to heart failure long before sleep deprivation does anything beyond damage.
I've consumed amphetamines recreationally over weeks, and the abuse eventually becomes too painful for you to endure. I almost collapsed in public, and due to abstaining from nourishment, unlearned how to eat. My body is still not the same.
What I'm saying is that, should you resort to substances, you'll either add to your prolonged misery and potentially render yourself disabled, or you'll die of a horrifically agonizing, if relatively brief, heart failure. Which invites the risk of somebody saving you. But it would be hard to even consume enough of the stuff unless we are talking cocaine. Adderall will not kill you, you'll just vomit.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
A lot of people with severe depression feel that way. I understand what you mean. I really don't recommend it, though. Worst case scenario you end up with brain damage so bad you don't have the autonomy to do anything else.

Also, be careful with fasting. Drink broth, take supplements, drink pedialyte. I ended up in the hospital for about a week because I did the same. My electrolytes dropped dangerously low and I got refeeding syndrome.
Sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting me know though. Do I still have to do that if I'm fasting with the intent to ctb? I'm basically VSED without the D.

Last edited:
Himeasa

Himeasa

Feb 6, 2023
obviously these aren't the stimulants you were talking about but i swear some of the times i've been that sleep deprived i've probably come closer to a death by caffeine overdose than a death by sleep deprivation 😭
If you were so "fortunate" to have a pre-existing cardiovascular condition (I'm not a medical professional, thus I wouldn't know for sure) you can actually kill yourself that way. I recently saw of somebody die due to ingesting of five units of Red Bull. That's an extremely easy death. Whilst chugging five Red Bulls can be difficult (trust me, I love the stuff) it's far easier than any other method if executed properly. That's what I'm gauging on cursory information anyway. But the fewest people will have that option.

• Informative
Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
When I'm running on no sleep for 2 or 3 days, I'll start hallucinating. It is so real, that I'll start talking out loud to nobody, then I snap out of it.

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Has anyone tried to ctb via sleep deprivation? What was it like? Do you think that this is a viable method?

Did you ever watch that movie the machinist with Christian Bale?

People tend to slowly lose their marbles when chronically sleep deprived. I think that movie depicts it quite well. I used to suffer from bad insomnia, it really sucks.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think it is more likely that go insane instead. i.e. one would probably hallucinate.

Doemu

Doemu

⸸ I am my own end ⸸
Feb 4, 2024
As Insomniac, I can't recommend you that.

1. There's no way to hide it. You will end medicated to soon.
2. You won't die, you just will fall sleep even with micro-sleeping times.

I think is near to impossible unless you have a neurological problem that made that you can't sleep at all.

ReadyOrNot?

ReadyOrNot?

gave up on life long ago
Feb 13, 2024
Interesting idea but idk if that is even possible? I agree with the answers before, At some point people without a condition will just nod and the body will take what it needs. But apparently there have been people using starvation. The side effects should be easier to handle. It will take a long time but I heard it's mostly painless. You might want to look into freezing too

mysteryboy

mysteryboy

Feb 8, 2024
Interesting idea but idk if that is even possible? I agree with the answers before, At some point people without a condition will just nod and the body will take what it needs. But apparently there have been people using starvation. The side effects should be easier to handle. It will take a long time but I heard it's mostly painless. You might want to look into freezing too
It is possible but you'd have to maintain consciousness for weeks probably

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Did you ever watch that movie the machinist with Christian Bale?

People tend to slowly lose their marbles when chronically sleep deprived. I think that movie depicts it quite well. I used to suffer from bad insomnia, it really sucks.
No I haven't. I've been getting insomnia again though and I only slept like 4-5 hours today. I feel really tired, exhausted, drained, and my eyes hurt. I might try to go back to sleep now because I feel weird…

• Hugs
Reactions: Captive_Mind515
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I wasn't trying to CTB but the longest I went without sleeping was a little over 72 hours. It feels okay at first but eventually it gets way too difficult to maintain because unless you're being held against your will in some kind of torture chamber, your body will likely eventually find ways to fall asleep or briefly nod off just long enough for you to survive.

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
No I haven't. I've been getting insomnia again though and I only slept like 4-5 hours today. I feel really tired, exhausted, drained, and my eyes hurt. I might try to go back to sleep now because I feel weird…

My favourite insomnia song! :)

Sleep my friend and you will see
That dream is my reality
They keep me locked up in this cage
Can't they see it's why my brain says Rage

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Not viable unless you have a serious issue preventing you from getting minimal amount of sleep required. What others said basically.

I advise against it because you are just adding more to your suffering and you won't die that easily.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Can confirm insomnia hallucinations. I also got into a very nasty car wreck that might have been caused by me dropping into a "microsleep" at the wheel. It's hard to tell—I was wandering around in a delirium at that point. I didn't hurt anyone else, which is good. Very painful survival for me, which is not.

(Involuntary insomnia, not substance-related. Wasn't even trying to ctb. Idk what my fucking deal is.)

• Aww..