R

ready2go

Mar 10, 2021
Looking to CTB this weekend.

My two methods were hanging or jumping, I'm leaning towards jumping, would 84ft above concrete be enough?

throwaway2goawy

throwaway2goawy

Mar 7, 2021

I don't think so, this article states 150ft onto land would be a 95% chance of death, halfing would take that at least under 30% as a guess (I'd assume the extra 65ft would increase the speed and impact enough to increase the percentage dramatically.

Reactions: ready2go
R

ready2go

Mar 10, 2021

I don't think so, this article states 150ft onto land would be a 95% chance of death, halfing would take that at least under 30% as a guess (I'd assume the extra 65ft would increase the speed and impact enough to increase the percentage dramatically.
Thanks, it's quite a popular spot for jumpers and all articles I've read suggest success.
Might re look!

• Hugs
Reactions: throwaway2goawy
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
Looking to CTB this weekend.

My two methods were hanging or jumping, I'm leaning towards jumping, would 84ft above concrete be enough?
You do not die on impact when jumping. It can take several minutes for your body to die. Sometimes 45 minutes or more. You will have to die from shock, broken bones, broken organs, broken lungs (suffocation), nerve damage, bleeding, and head injury. Even a long fall will leave you in pain until you die from your inflicted wounds. Some people have even survived parachute failure. Just because the camera stops rolling after the person in the video hits the ground doesn't mean they are dead yet. The body swells and the person is in pain for a long time.

Reactions: Outofhope
zapffes_son

zapffes_son

Feb 1, 2021
Or maybe coz it leaves you blind after a failed attempt.

You do not die on impact when jumping. It can take several minutes for your body to die. Sometimes 45 minutes or more. You will have to die from shock, broken bones, broken organs, broken lungs (suffocation), nerve damage, bleeding, and head injury. Even a long fall will leave you in pain until you die from your inflicted wounds. Some people have even survived parachute failure. Just because the camera stops rolling after the person in the video hits the ground doesn't mean they are dead yet. The body swells and the person is in pain for a long time.

Sounds better than the life I've got. At least there's an end to it in your scenario.

GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
Sounds better than the life I've got. At least there's an end to it in your scenario.
Right but the idea is usually quick AND painless not full of pain for however long until you die from your wounds.