L

LostFuture.

Aug 20, 2023
When I do eventually decide that enough is enough, I've been thinking, do I write a manifesto explaining my political position and justifications for CTB? I'm a very political person and I think the suffering many face today is due to the political and economic systems forced onto us, and this isn't a thing I've been able to explain clearly to many people in my life, in fear of being outed as a loony extremist.

I feel that life will not get better under the current circumstances, quite the contrary, due to inflation, climate change, geopolitics etc and I just want to write a lengthy document explaining this when I finally do decide its all too much. And to say to family and friends that it's not their fault (but rather mine and the horrible system we live under).

Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
I wonder if feeling the need to get this out is actually giving you a reason to live, at least temporarily. I can't really see the downside in writing it. If nothing else it will help clarify your own thoughts about something so complex.

L

LostFuture.

Aug 20, 2023
I'm seeing it
I wonder if feeling the need to get this out is actually giving you a reason to live, at least temporarily. I can't really see the downside in writing it. If nothing else it will help clarify your own thoughts about something so complex.
I'm seeing it as a final big project kind of thing, and who knows, as I write it, I may inspire others to do something about the horrible state of the world, and in turn convince myself that I shouldn't CTB, for I have something to contribute to society.

Reactions: Apathy79
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's up to you, could be a good idea to write it if you see it as being beneficial. But anyway best wishes.

L

LostFuture.

Aug 20, 2023
It's the fight between two extremes, either make it look purely accidental, or write an extensive manifesto justifying my decision. Don't think I could do the middle ground and leave a short vague note, or do obvious CTB and leave nothing at all.