M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
ive decided to do ctb in a hotel so that my parents dont see my body. but how could avoid the shock to the staff?

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld, Ghost2211 and Silvermorning
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I've heard they're used to that but obviously they don't share that info.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Suicides in hotels are kinda normal and it's way better than your family finding you.

Reactions: sadworld, Ghost2211, Silvermorning and 1 other person
M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Suicides in hotels are kinda normal and it's way better than your family finding you.
i think so aswell. i hope i dont look suspicious

Reactions: WornOutLife, sadworld and Ghost2211
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020

I worked in a rundown hotel once, staff gets desensitized after a while. I literally had to help mop off the floor scattered "brain" matter from a client that jumped from a third floor (he didn't die by the way, spent months in the hospital, fractured his skull and arm ) , add to that the overdoses, fights, the inebriated losing bowel control.. you get the picture. Those staff members who couldnt stand it quitted a month after starting.

• Wow
Reactions: WornOutLife, sadworld, Ghost2211 and 2 others
M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
I worked in a rundown hotel once, staff gets desensitized after a while. I literally had to help mop off the floor scattered "brain" matter from a client that jumped from a third floor (he didn't die by the way, spent months in the hospital, fractured his skull and arm ) , add to that the overdoses, fights, the inebriated losing bowel control.. you get the picture. Those staff members who couldnt stand it quitted a month after starting.
oops im so sorry for the one who will find me. my mother insists that i do it at home but i thibk it will be very traumatic for her

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sadworld, Ghost2211 and foxdie
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
A dead body in any context is going to upset most people no matter the context, be it death due to illness, natural causes, suicide, an accident or murder. If this is something that concerns you I'd say the best you can do is ensure your method isn't too messy. Other then that there's not much more you can do for them. Also like @Silvermorning said, the staff at hotels have probably seen everything. I can't even imagine the other horrors they encounter outside of finding the body of someone who killed themselves.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadworld and Ghost2211
timetofly

timetofly

Student
Aug 8, 2020
I worked in a rundown hotel once
Do you happen to know if hotels make an additional charge to the credit card when someone dies or tries to die (saved by someone) by suicide? Charging another day or two, arguing that it's for the cleanup, etc. My method isn't messy (SN).

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Won't someone in your family have to identify your body anyway?

Reactions: jrums
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
It will be too traumatic for her, i agree, maybe you could ger to go for a weekend trip, so you have the house for yourself and post a goodbye note after locking well your door? Its all i can think about , other than a hotel

I'm sorta on the same boat but with a father, I empathize, so sad life has brought us to this point.

About hotel staff, they'll call an ambulance/paramedics the moment they notice something is wrong, might think is an overdose or a stroke, those are way more common in hotels than suicides.
oops im so sorry for the one who will find me. my mother insists that i do it at home but i thibk it will be very traumatic for her
Do you happen to know if hotels make an additional charge to the credit card when someone dies or tries to die (saved by someone) by suicide? Charging another day or two, arguing that it's for the cleanup, etc. My method isn't messy (SN).

Not in my experience, nicer hotels maybe have more stringent politics, wouldnt surprise me they'd try to overcharge a day or two with the exvuse of clean up, that comes down to the decency of the propietors

a non messy death isnt that different , from a clean up point of view, than someone who partied too much and puked on the bed, or a feverish client with a stomach flu , clean up is included in the price of the room for a reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: timetofly
timetofly

timetofly

Student
Aug 8, 2020
Thanks @Silvermorning, that's what I thought too.

ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
I mentioned in one of my posts how one guy took a plane all the way to Japan and hanged himself in a hotel room there. I wonder how many people CTB in suicide hotspots in foreign countries.