Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I don't intend on leaving a note, mainly because I don't want anyone knowing my reasons or hurting anyone more than my CTB could, and really it's no one's business why. It's my personal choice.

One friend who did and on failing people held his reasons against him.
Another friend blamed someone for her CTB. She was successful and destroyed the other person.
My uncle did because his wife had an affair and she didn't feel anything about his CTB, she was pleased he went.
One of my brother's did because of his wife and she cried for a few months but now couldn't care less about it
If you are leaving a note what reasons would you put if you are willing to say.

Is it ever right to say I've done this because of XYZ reasons. Obviously if it's health or protection of other people's feelings that's different.

Reactions: Silvermorning, antigone_iris, botanormal and 5 others
OminousVaL

OminousVaL

VaL
Jul 31, 2020
I have come to the conclusion that I would dedicate the note to my little brother in an attempt to put his mind at ease in some way. The reasons given would be more of a summary of various life events and the ways they impacted me to all add up to where I am at the time of writing. I would hate for him to blame himself and id rather it be clear that it has nothing to do with him.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lotharius, Wisdom3_1-9, antigone_iris and 4 others
LostInSociety

LostInSociety

Oct 8, 2020
I'm not planning on leaving a note. When I CTB people deer to me would know why if they can't live with it or blame themselves it's not my fault.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, botanormal, Deleted member 23586 and 4 others
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I'm not a sentimental person so it probably won't be a fancy note. It will just say sorry for any trouble I've caused and to donate all my stuff to charity. Pointing blame can backfire or not work at all as you've pointed out

Reactions: Silvermorning, antigone_iris, botanormal and 3 others
M

Moondust87

Nov 17, 2020
I have thought about leaving notes. Mainly to my children so they know i love them, its not their fault and that i want them top be happy life. They would be 3 individual notes to them. I have also thought about if i chose a quick way to go having a last phone call. But since reading the threads and looking into the SN method i think a phone call will not happen as it would alarm that person into checking on me. But notes for my kids will happen. Maybe one for that special guy as he has depression and anxiety as well and i don't want him to have my ctbing as a reason for him to.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, botanormal and Gromit-CTB
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I have thought about leaving notes. Mainly to my children so they know i love them, its not their fault and that i want them top be happy life. They would be 3 individual notes to them. I have also thought about if i chose a quick way to go having a last phone call. But since reading the threads and looking into the SN method i think a phone call will not happen as it would alarm that person into checking on me. But notes for my kids will happen. Maybe one for that special guy as he has depression and anxiety as well and i don't want him to have my ctbing as a reason for him to.
That is understandable and very good of you. I don't have anyone special or children so my choice is easier. At the end of the day from my point of view I don't care what people think or why they think I did it after I go. Suppose in a way it's keeping my reason close to my cold black heart and never letting that emotion out for others to use and abuse.

• Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Moondust87 and botanormal
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
I'm not sure. I've seen from many people on here that receiving a note could bring loved ones a lot more peace about your death. It's never going to be enough to stop the pain completely, but it could be comforting for them to know that there was nothing they could do to prevent it, or to know you love and care for them. On the other hand, it depends on what you feel personally. If you can't find the right words, or don't think there's anyone you feel should really get one, then it's of course completely understandable. It can be hard writing something like that. It's a difficult subject on what to write, but blaming others as you said is never the right way to go. Unless someone has done something truly abhorrent to you, I don't think haunting them forever with your final words is a good way to finish things. I read an unsent suicide note intended to address me once, and I'm sure it would've made me happy to receive it. That's just my opinion, though. Do whatever is most comfortable for you, and good luck!

Reactions: ecmnesia and antigone_iris
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
I already feel misunderstood I wouldn't want to feel like I had to justify myself even in death, I'll leave that to alive me.

• Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Silvermorning and botanormal
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I already feel misunderstood I wouldn't want to feel like I had to justify myself even in death, I'll leave that to alive me.
I get that. I am not willing to explain to those left in my final days, so will not explain in my passing

Reactions: shay23
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
I get that. I am not willing to explain to those left in my final days, so will not explain in my passing
Especially if the note gets misconstrued or people don't understand, I will be turning in my grave :hihi:

Reactions: Gromit-CTB
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Especially if the note gets misconstrued or people don't understand, I will be turning in my grave :hihi:
Would be difficult trying to explain :smiling:

Reactions: Silvermorning and shay23
TheLostCause

TheLostCause

Falling Apart
Nov 7, 2020
Ive chose to leave seperate notes for certain people. My mum knows nothing about my mh so i owe her a letter of explanation which im leaving with my partners note so he can post it. My partners note will explain basically what i tell him on a daily basis, how much im struggling and its in no way his fault. My friends know im struggling and how bad it is, i want to leave a note just to tell them to live their life to the fullest and how much i have appreciated their support over the last year and how much of an amazing friend they have both been.
I wasn't going to write any but i feel they need some sort of explanation otherwise they will be thoroughly confused.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Ive chose to leave seperate notes for certain people. My mum knows nothing about my mh so i owe her a letter of explanation which im leaving with my partners note so he can post it. My partners note will explain basically what i tell him on a daily basis, how much im struggling and its in no way his fault. My friends know im struggling and how bad it is, i want to leave a note just to tell them to live their life to the fullest and how much i have appreciated their support over the last year and how much of an amazing friend they have both been.
I wasn't going to write any but i feel they need some sort of explanation otherwise they will be thoroughly confused.
Can understand that and I hope it is of comfort to them to read that. In that situation I can see how it's best to explain and put as much comfort as possible to people.

TheLostCause

TheLostCause

Falling Apart
Nov 7, 2020
Can understand that and I hope it is of comfort to them to read that. In that situation I can see how it's best to explain and put as much comfort as possible to people.
I hope its of comfort too because leaving them in the dark questioning everything and if they could have done more etc. I don't want them thinking that because there isn't anything, they have done what they can.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I hope its of comfort too because leaving them in the dark questioning everything and if they could have done more etc. I don't want them thinking that because there isn't anything, they have done what they can.
Am sure once they see the message from your heart they will understand, I'm not in that position and would end up telling the truth which would only hurt people more so lips sealed and no pen to paper. I will let everyone decide for themselves and make own gossip up about it

Reactions: TheLostCause
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
I can understand most of u wanting to leave a note for ur loved ones ... But in my case its going to be no letter at all ... I am only to blame for my situation ...

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I revise my note every couple of weeks. On last revision, it was 12 pages long.

I guess I have a lot to say. :hihi: