G

gubsmuggler

Nov 2, 2023
Hey guys. Months long lurker and now two time poster here.

After a lifetime of suicidal thoughts and months of real planning, I've finally decided on how and where I'm going through with it. I plan to jump from a pedestrian bridge that is 212 feet over water. Not sure if name dropping the actual place is appropriate? Either way, any thoughts on if this idea is idiotic or not would be greatly appreciated. I've done massive amounts of research on various methods, practiced with suspension and the night-night method, but could never make any promising breakthrough with either. Jumping has always seemed like a not too horrible way to go, as long you can find a spot high enough to guarantee fatality. So, after lots of research on places near me, I came across this bridge, a nice 3 hour drive from my home. No cars. Doesn't seem like a super busy place, I'd like to make my jump with no one watching, however there are cameras on the bridge, of course. I was thinking of actually sneaking in after hours, since the bridge closes in at sunset and it seems like a breeze to climb past the small gate that closes in to shut down operation. I'm just scared authorities will be on the way to the bridge before I can get it over with.

What do you guys think? Either way, I'm going to be heading over there tomorrow, at the very least just to scope things out. But I am fully intending on jumping if the situation is right.

• Hugs
Reactions: jasonbrrze3, the_path_of_sorrows, thewalkingdread and 10 others
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I wish you courage to be able to do it. Jumping is my plan as well. I also feel that once you get past that initial dreadful SI that jumping is not a bad way to go. I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner, Sandy9 and MyLuckyStars
deadbody

deadbody

he/him 🏳️‍⚧️
Oct 24, 2023
I wish you the best, hope no one will interrupt you and you can achieve peace.

Reactions: MyLuckyStars
huphup

huphup

Student
Dec 2, 2023
I hope you find peace and are able to go through with no issues <3

Reactions: MyLuckyStars
T

timing

Nov 22, 2023
I feel you. Had to go through so many methods and a few failures before I managed to obtain my current ones.

My only advise about jumping, having tried it and failed: Takes a lot of determination and desperation to take the leap. Also, I have spoken to people in a similar situation as me who were at the edge and ready to go but just couldn't take the leap. SI is a real bitch. And I salute jumpers because even though it's one of the quickest and most assured methods, it takes a lot of balls to pull it off.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and MyLuckyStars
L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
I'm not sure, but is 212ft high enough? It's not too much difference, but I read the recommendation for water jump is 250ft. Maybe someone else can weigh in?

I am also considering jumping but so worried about SI stopping me.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
MyLuckyStars

MyLuckyStars

Funeral Crasher
Dec 13, 2023
I think overcoming SI for jumping is very difficult, but possible. I remember one story from when I was a kid, 13 or so. I was at a zipline park that had courses of varying difficulty, up to double black diamond. I choose to try one of the hardest courses, which ended with a ~50 foot jump to the forest floor, where your harness catches you and slows your descent after about 5 feet of free falling. I remember standing there at the very end, and essentially having to will myself into what I thought to be a lethal jump at the time to make it out. It was scary, but I took the plunge and made it through. You could maybe try training by cliff jumping into water, which might wear down your aversion to jumping from heights over time.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I feel you. Had to go through so many methods and a few failures before I managed to obtain my current ones.

My only advise about jumping, having tried it and failed: Takes a lot of determination and desperation to take the leap. Also, I have spoken to people in a similar situation as me who were at the edge and ready to go but just couldn't take the leap. SI is a real bitch. And I salute jumpers because even though it's one of the quickest and most assured methods, it takes a lot of balls to pull it off.
This is true.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I'm not sure, but is 212ft high enough? It's not too much difference, but I read the recommendation for water jump is 250ft. Maybe someone else can weigh in?

I am also considering jumping but so worried about SI stopping me.
Golden gate is 212 and Sunshine skyway is 180, both with plenty of successful deaths. But plenty of survivors as well.

lostforever77

lostforever77

Dec 13, 2023
Hey guys. Months long lurker and now two time poster here.

After a lifetime of suicidal thoughts and months of real planning, I've finally decided on how and where I'm going through with it. I plan to jump from a pedestrian bridge that is 212 feet over water. Not sure if name dropping the actual place is appropriate? Either way, any thoughts on if this idea is idiotic or not would be greatly appreciated. I've done massive amounts of research on various methods, practiced with suspension and the night-night method, but could never make any promising breakthrough with either. Jumping has always seemed like a not too horrible way to go, as long you can find a spot high enough to guarantee fatality. So, after lots of research on places near me, I came across this bridge, a nice 3 hour drive from my home. No cars. Doesn't seem like a super busy place, I'd like to make my jump with no one watching, however there are cameras on the bridge, of course. I was thinking of actually sneaking in after hours, since the bridge closes in at sunset and it seems like a breeze to climb past the small gate that closes in to shut down operation. I'm just scared authorities will be on the way to the bridge before I can get it over with.

What do you guys think? Either way, I'm going to be heading over there tomorrow, at the very least just to scope things out. But I am fully intending on jumping if the situation is right.
I really do hope that you find the peace that you desere so much. Either in this life or the next.

busreservation92

busreservation92

Oct 21, 2023
When it comes to SI it can be really hard so just try to tell yourself this won't hurt a bit

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best of luck, I hope that you eventually find the freedom you search for.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Good luck with your plan. I hope you find peace.