Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
For several hours now, I've been sitting in the dark crying and screaming into a pillow. I am losing strength to go on and gaining more motivation to ctb (very soon). There was a moment where I stopped crying and started to plan out my death in my head. I started to intensely cry over it exactly how I grieve someone. Suddenly after feeling this intense sadness, I felt this unexplainable feeling. I felt high and so full of joy. It was so pure and so beautiful. Something I haven't felt in a long time. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

• Hugs
Reactions: Immensevoid, Specific_Milk, until death and 4 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Death is the only saving grace to existence. Thank goodness there is an inevitable end. Can you imagine if we were immortal and had to endure this life of misery and suffering for eternity? Hallelujah there is an out. And I'm going to expedite mine. What reason is there to stay here longer than I have to?

Reactions: Immensevoid, CouldaHvBeenARock, Joarga and 4 others
Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
Death is the only saving grace to existence. Thank goodness there is an inevitable end. Can you imagine if we were immortal and had to endure this life of misery and suffering for eternity? Hallelujah there is an out. And I'm going to expedite mine. What reason is there to stay here longer than I have to?
Let's just hope there is no existence in the afterlife. Can you imagine if we die here just to end up in another realm where we live on forever?

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Let's just hope there is no existence in the afterlife. Can you imagine if we die here just to end up in another realm where we live on forever?
I'm on team DeGrasse Tyson on this one.

I feel comfortable with this gamble. And even if there is an eternal afterlife, what is the point of delaying it's inevitability in favor of suffering here?

Reactions: Neverfeltdeader and Deleted member 65988
abouttosuicide

abouttosuicide

Dec 20, 2023
For several hours now, I've been sitting in the dark crying and screaming into a pillow. I am losing strength to go on and gaining more motivation to ctb (very soon). There was a moment where I stopped crying and started to plan out my death in my head. I started to intensely cry over it exactly how I grieve someone. Suddenly after feeling this intense sadness, I felt this unexplainable feeling. I felt high and so full of joy. It was so pure and so beautiful. Something I haven't felt in a long time. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
I totally understand you, dear stranger. I have had this feeling multiple times in the past, and I think that I am so close to CTB aswell.

Reactions: Neverfeltdeader
D

Deleted member 65988

I don't see any reason why we'd have to exist for billions of years after we die when once we're dead, that's it, there's no reason for us to exist in any way whatsoever. I mean, most people want there to be something more to it for comfort reasons but even seeing your family for billions of years will eventually wane in speciality because its a guarantee for trillions of years to come. I can't comprehend why people want there to be something else.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
The idea of ending it brings me a great sense of relief. I have also experienced the whole mourning myself thing. That's kind of confusing because I feel sure death is my best option. I think it's a mixture of my general feelings towards death- I've experienced many deaths in the family. I guess some of it is mourning the potential of who I could have been but- I feel sure I can't reach that now. Plus, I'm probably just projecting how upset I've been about people's deaths onto how other people might feel about mine. Also kind of unrealistic. We have no idea how other people will react. I hope they won't experience it like I did but then- I'm hoping to wait till it's only the more distant relatives and estranged friends left when I go. Can't say I've ever felt that extreme high though. The actual practicalities of CTB including the possibility of failure are too much for me to get too excited over it. It's more like a mirage in the desert. Something that seems so appealing till you realise all the risk, fear and pain you're going to have to go through to achieve it.

Reactions: thewalkingdread
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
It's mind boggling to me that most people believe in and wish for eternal consciousness.

I'll always believe that right after death it's non-existence forever . Non-existence means no problems no pain no suffering all bad memories forgotten. Conscienceness/ existence / life means unbearable pain and suffering problems and bad memories . I don't see how anyone could want that.

Just one of the many ways I can see there is no afterlife or reincarnation nothing. Is that which is the real you the one at 1 years old ? 3 years old , 12 , 20 90 and demented etc, the brain changes through experiences learning

Last edited:
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
It's mind boggling to me that most people believe in and wish for eternal consciousness.

I'll always believe that right after death it's non-existence forever . Non-existence means no problems no pain no suffering all bad memories forgotten. Conscienceness/ existence / life means unbearable pain and suffering problems and bad memories . I don't see how anyone could want that.

Just one of the many ways I can see there is no afterlife or reincarnation nothing. Is that which is the real you the one at 1 years old ? 3 years old , 12 , 20 90 and demented etc,
It is for some people but not everyone.

Many people alive on this earth are eternal beings , go read some obe reports there are countless of them witnessing of this.
If you think we are in base reality right now you're wrong.

Also go read "Perceptual studies" of Virginia they have proven reincarnation to be real without a doubt

H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
I would like to live long enough to know all the physics of the universe. After that, I could some rest

• Hugs
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
It is for some people but not everyone.

Many people alive on this earth are eternal beings , go read some obe reports there are countless of them witnessing of this.
If you think we are in base reality right now you're wrong.

Also go read "Perceptual studies" of Virginia they have proven reincarnation to be real without a doubt
I'll never believe in an afterlife or reincarnation.

Chatgpt a fly brain and a human brain all are composed of neural networks. Does a fly , a cat , chatgpt have a soul ? No . A human is the same thing .

Imo chatgpt is smarter than many humans already and improving

thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
I would like to live long enough to know all the physics of the universe. After that, I could some rest
I think you would need to live a very extraordinary long life to know all physics of the universe...

Noble objective... but practically unatainable.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023

I believe that it's non-existence for each individual at death, which like you say would be the end of any suffering. But if there is eternal consciousness, I don't think it would be 'you' experiencing it.
It's like this(stolen parable alert): imagine you get a plastic bottle with your picture on it, and you scoop up water from the ocean, put a lid on it, and let it bob up and down in the ocean for a few decades. Let that represent your life. Then, at death, the bottle is taken out, the water is poured back into the ocean, and then the bottle is burned.
You, represented by the bottle, are gone forever. Consciousness, represented by the water in the bottle, goes back to the ocean of consciousness. And then could either become eternal consciousness and stay in the ocean of consciousness, or go back into another new-born human, carrying past-life memories with it. (But not remembering the previous lives when becoming this new human.).

If the former occurs, 'you' would not be experiencing eternal consciousness, you would have ceased to exist. Which is good, because being stuck anywhere for eternity sounds like a hell to me.

Reincarnating again into this world again obviously doesn't appeal to you, but what if there's other parallel universes, nothing like this one. (There probably isn't, but who knows?). Would another go on the merrygo round not appeal to you, given that this one has been one of pain and suffering for you?

Just one of the many ways I can see there is no afterlife or reincarnation nothing. Is that which is the real you the one at 1 years old ? 3 years old , 12 , 20 90 and demented etc, the brain changes through experiences learning

Yeah, religions people don't really properly think about this everlasting afterlife thing. As to what age they'll be, or what age their family will be, if they outlived them.
And they definitely haven't thought about eternity. Like, what if you get to this afterlife and you find it kind of boring. "Ah, sorry, you're stuck here for eternity, not a billion years of boredom, or a trillion years, but eternity. Enjoy!". That would be my idea of hell.

But obviously you can see why many people wanna believe that they will see their deceased loved ones again in an afterlife. I don't have a problem people using that as a crutch to help them get through their pain.