W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020
Does anybody else here feel like they would'be ctb at the age of 40 or 50 even if life was good because getting old sucks?

For me I feel like even if I had a good life, I still would ctb at some age (probably between 40 and 50) because getting old is one of the worst things in life.

Your body and even brain gets weaker every day and you just can't do anything about it. Taking medicine every day, vision gets worse and it's unstoppable and only gets worse as time goes.

• Hugs
Reactions: iTriedButCursed, Ἡγησίας, Pisceslilith and 13 others
airboy_a380

airboy_a380

Can´t wait to find Neverland!
Aug 12, 2020
My grandma is 87 and has more energy than me!

Reactions: Pisceslilith, Meditation guide, lifeisbutadream and 1 other person
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I mean, I'm 30 and I take medication every day and my vision is so poor without glasses lol. Getting old used to bother me, I was terrified about turning 30, but it's not so bad. As the old saying goes, you're only as old as you feel.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie
W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020
Reactions: Pisceslilith, LADY007, EternalDarkness and 5 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I fully understand how you feel about this. Every day when I'm at work, I'm surrounded by coworkers that are in their 50s and are struggling to make it to retirement age (which is 63), but already they are experiencing so many health problems that I don't know how they can keep going. One of them already had to leave because of her health and she has about 5-6 years left before she is old enough to retire. As if that isn't bad enough, my mom died in a hospital bed from cancer a couple of days before she was supposed to retire, so it's like... what the fuck?

I think I would rather live to 35 and give myself my retirement then. I want to spend the next 6 months or so after my 35th birthday going storm chasing and doing all sorts of crazy shit that I haven't been able to do and CTB afterwards. In fact, I'm thinking about setting a date for myself around that time. That gives me about 8 years to plan everything out and have as much fun as possible before the end. I sure as hell don't want to spend the next 30 years working at a job that I hate, only to die of cancer or some other disease before I'm even able to retire. Fuck that!

Reactions: LADY007, tvojamamka, binturong and 3 others
InevitablePattern91

InevitablePattern91

Brazilian, 28y. Last weeks of life.
Jul 23, 2020
I'm 28 and already consider myself too old.

Reactions: NeverGrowUp, cyberlordsumit and Superdeterminist
TeenIdle

TeenIdle

Feb 29, 2020
For me getting old is scary... You have more resposibilities, you start wrinkling and end up unrecognizeable regarding what you once were when you were young... Ugh fortunately I don't think I'll live past 30 or 25

Reactions: NeverGrowUp, Pisceslilith and dec132013
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
I´m 34 and that´s really too old for me

Reactions: Mustkeyknow, Anthagonos and Superdeterminist
InevitablePattern91

InevitablePattern91

Brazilian, 28y. Last weeks of life.
Jul 23, 2020
Also, the older you get, more loved people die. First grandparents, then parents, uncles and aunts, then close friends, wife/husband. This terrifies me.

Reactions: coppervomit, Lost in a Dream, Lame Old Duke and 2 others
Dima2

Dima2

Jul 24, 2020
Aah the joke called aging , even when i was in a good state I worried about aging ,
I have no problem with death but deteriorating and losing your health is miserable,
I can live 90 years if my body doesn't change beyond 27 but no you have to suffer ,
Fuck this life.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, W3akCr3atur3, Lost in a Dream and 5 others
E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
it is one of my reasons . I look terrible even now and everyday I look older and worse

Reactions: Dreamless Sleep
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
It's one of the biggest reasons for me. It really is so horrendous, it's almost comical. Even if you live a great life, get very lucky, and make perfect choices, aging will still make sure you get your due share of suffering, shrivelling you into an ugly raisin and making you slowly lose function.

Reactions: iTriedButCursed, coppervomit, Dreamless Sleep and 2 others
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I'm 37 and to be honest, me being a vain bitch, I'm just worried about LOOKING old. :pfff:

Reactions: iTriedButCursed, NeverGrowUp, Myforevercharlie and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Would be fine if I was happy tbh

Anthagonos

Anthagonos

Hablo español
Aug 9, 2020
Also, the older you get, more loved people die. First grandparents, then parents, uncles and aunts, then close friends, wife/husband. This terrifies me.
Yes! for example I cannot see more my grands. And I am seeing how my mom gets older day after day. She was a very active woman and very beautiful (she was model when she was young). Now I see at her and I almost cannot recognize her: low energy, not as beautiful as some years ago, etc...

I think for that reason I studied medicine and I spent several years reading all the possible information about aging. I have hundreds of books about health and have done some experiments with bioelectromagnetics trying to slow the aging process. I know I'm a little bit crazy. But aging scares me.
I'm 37 and to be honest, me being a vain bitch, I'm just worried about LOOKING old. :pfff:
If you're 100 and look like when 25 and you have all your loved ones... no problem! I think that would be even better!
The problem is the physical deterioration and loosing your loved ones.
Aah the joke called aging , even when i was in a good state I worried about aging ,
I have no problem with death but deteriorating and losing your health is miserable,
I can live 90 years if my body doesn't change beyond 27 but no you have to suffer ,
Fuck this life.
It would be ok if life would be like in the In Time film. No one get older than 25... people with 100 looks like 25. And people death when they want. That would be awesome. It's hard to see your loved ones going worse physically speaking.

Some years ago I was obssesed with aging process and I read a lot in the russian literature. It seems some people invented devices to reverse aging, but that technology is not publicly available. The theory I ended with is that living beings have like a magnetic field. When that magnetic field loss frequencies, you get older. But you can expose biological entities to that magnetic field and it seems the body can recharge itself!
I have an old book in french language when you see a belorussian inventor exposing an old woman to an electric device and it's awesome to see how wrinkles start dissapearing from the skin, hair getting colour again, etc... the book is from 1920s!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost in a Dream and clocktower
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Does anybody else here feel like they would'be ctb at the age of 40 or 50 even if life was good because getting old sucks?

For me I feel like even if I had a good life, I still would ctb at some age (probably between 40 and 50) because getting old is one of the worst things in life.

Your body and even brain gets weaker every day and you just can't do anything about it. Taking medicine every day, vision gets worse and it's unstoppable and only gets worse as time goes.

Hi W3, Ive seriously thought about this since I was young. I used to joke around when I was like 15 or so an felt great and say things lik I couldn't imagine living until 30. I thought i would be dead. Cant say for sure but yes there is possibility that I would have still ctb even if i wasn't in the situation that I'm in. It's hard to say what age but I would guess around 60 maybe. Probably about a 75% chance I still would have left on my own terms. Old age sucks. Everything starts to go appearance, physical,mental, and all of this equals a more sedentary life which I dont have any interest in. Plus like other peeps said your family also dies off and friends as well. This leads to more isolation. Il be damned if I'm going to just sit back and watch this life go like that especially with suffering tremendously now. Sitting in a rest home and looking out the window for yrs is not my cup of meat. Ill leave it at that i guess. So yes I agree totally.

Reactions: Anthagonos
Anthagonos

Anthagonos

Hablo español
Aug 9, 2020
Hi W3, Ive seriously thought about this since I was young. I used to joke around when I was like 15 or so an felt great and say things lik I couldn't imagine living until 30. I thought i would be dead. Cant say for sure but yes there is possibility that I would have still ctb even if i wasn't in the situation that I'm in. It's hard to say what age but I would guess around 60 maybe. Probably about a 75% chance I still would have left on my own terms. Old age sucks. Everything starts to go appearance, physical,mental, and all of this equals a more sedentary life which I dont have any interest in. Plus like other peeps said your family also dies off and friends as well. This leads to more isolation. Il be damned if I'm going to just sit back and watch this life go like that especially with suffering tremendously now. Sitting in a rest home and looking out the window for yrs is not my cup of meat. Ill leave it at that i guess. So yes I agree totally.
Sometimes time and health is more important than money itself.
It's curious, but young age is from 0 to 30 and from 30 to 70 is old age. So basically life is about old age :(

Reactions: clocktower and Passersby
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Sometimes time and health is more important than money itself.
It's curious, but young age is from 0 to 30 and from 30 to 70 is old age. So basically life is about old age :(
Hi, Yes sir! I agree. The way I see it is there are 3 phases to life.
Phase 1. 0–30
Phase 2. 30–50
Phase 3. 50– death.
Nothing we can do about it. Maybe it's works out maybe it doesn't and you end up here.

Reactions: Anthagonos
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Getting old is something I don't see any appeal in. Struggling pain just to get out of bed and use the bathroom? Possibly becoming senile and losing sense of self? No thanks that's not for me.

Starseedchip

Starseedchip

Born to Die
Oct 13, 2019
I've often thought that no matter what I would die before 50. Aging scares me more than anything. When I was a toddler I visited my grandmother at an assisted living facility and it was horrible. It is one of my most prominent childhood memories because of the strong reaction it provoked. I didn't understand how humans could become that. Losing your quality of life is terrifying. Even if my life magically changed and happiness was possible I'm still checking out the moment I lose my independence with age.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, W3akCr3atur3, Lady black and 3 others
F

FallingFree

Aug 11, 2020
So many healthy and youthful looking old people exist! You are only as old as you feel.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream
Anthagonos

Anthagonos

Hablo español
Aug 9, 2020
Hi, Yes sir! I agree. The way I see it is there are 3 phases to life.
Phase 1. 0–30
Phase 2. 30–50
Phase 3. 50– death.
Nothing we can do about it. Maybe it's works out maybe it doesn't and you end up here.
So I'm in phase 2 :(

I think there is technology to slow or even reverse aging, but it's impossible to make public that technology because it would be the ruin of all goverments.
People has to die. It's not ok, but it's the reality.
I have seen photos of people that reversed aging after applying the technology.
u6sbUI.png

L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
So many healthy and youthful looking old people exist! You are only as old as you feel.

Absolutely! You can see here that people can be "old" when they are 14, and people like my ____ are young and sharp and funny at the age of 99 - yes he's 99! Hey don't worry about a stoopid number. You make of it what you will or what cards your dealt, but don't worry about a number. There are enough things to worry about in this world but a number is just a number!

F

Foreverever

Aug 13, 2020
I've often thought that no matter what I would die before 50. Aging scares me more than anything. When I was a toddler I visited my grandmother at an assisted living facility and it was horrible. It is one of my most prominent childhood memories because of the strong reaction it provoked. I didn't understand how humans could become that. Losing your quality of life is terrifying. Even if my life magically changed and happiness was possible I'm still checking out the moment I lose my independence with age.
Problem is, a lot of people reach that age and all they want is to continue living, regardless of the quality of their life. I've seen it happen many times. My grandmother always said she'd rather die than go into a nursing home, then when the time came she suddenly felt different.

Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I would hate to grow old, my body and mind feels ancient anyways. I feel I've seen enough of this world anyways lol

Being thrown into a nursing home would be awful, there's one near where I used to live and it looked so depressing.

I love my grandparents to bits but I always wonder how they were able to carry on through so much. Watching my grandmother slowly deteriorate from alzheimer's is awful, it makes me scared of growing up.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020

I'm 67. My two best decades in life were my 20s and my 50s. My 60s haven't been bad either (though my health is now declining), and I still hope to achieve some more things before I go. You don't ctb just because of what you think the future might be like. You wait until it is certain (or almost certain) that the future is going to offer you very little. I haven't reached that stage yet.

Reactions: CC123
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
Unfortunately your health constantly gets worse and you can't deny it.

Do late bloomers stay younger longer?

Because I'm 29 almost 30 and it's crazy how little my appearance has changed in a decade, I do look older than I did at 20 but at 20 I looked like I was 16 or something. So now that I'm 29 I look like I'm in my early 20s and sometimes even get mistaken for being like 19 by some people who are close to my age.

I've always been perceived by other people a lot younger than I am.

Also my health is no different than when I was 20 besides the fact that I have to watch my weight/diet more closely.

My father looks young for his age and my grandfather had crazy strong genes, did labor work in his 90s which is insane.

M

maitreya1313

Aug 1, 2020
Turning old really sucks. But wasting my youth hurts even more

• Aww..
Reactions: NeverGrowUp, coppervomit, disabledandhopeless and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
It all depends on how healthy you are. My aunt lived to be 101 and drove all over the country by herself visiting friends and relatives into her 90s. She wasn't ever sick. She enjoyed her life totally. Being rich helped of course.

Most people start a downhill progression at 65.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I really wanna die young. I know I won't be able to be happy in a wrinkly old body.

Reactions: iTriedButCursed and pthnrdnojvsc