• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
It depends on the country. Here, when you apply for passport, you have the option to donate and which organ you want, in case of death. If you're not registered in any gov. orgs., there's some downloadable forms you can print, just signing it makes a consent form for donating. You just have to make sure your relatives can find it of course.

CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
The only way safe way I can think of is if you are in a car accident and are considered brain dead but some your organs are still functioning. Time is critical when transferring live organs so often they keep one's body alive after a automobile collision until it is time to harvest and transplant the organs.

Under the circumstances, though I wish to donate my organs to those in need, they will probably be poisoned and die before my body is discovered so I may consider requesting that my body and specifically my brain be used for medical research instead so I don't feel like a completely useless human being who existed.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
It's there a way to CTB and be able to donate your organs. I would like my end to be meaningful. It would be great to be able to end your life and give life at the same time.
I wouldn't expect to donate organs after drinking SN for example so it all depends on how you die. Usually it's when someone is in a car accident and has it marked on their driver's license they want to donate their organs.

Reactions: profoundexperience
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I don't think so, because when you ctb you will already be long dead before they get to you. I'm not sure how all this works exactly but I'm guessing that no..

Reactions: profoundexperience
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
I would like my end to be meaningful. It would be great to be able to end your life and give life
I don't think so, because when you ctb you will already be long dead before they get to you.
Although your sentiments are commendable, I don't think there's any good/reliable way to do it. There's no way to predict what will happen in a car crash, for example.

It's important to build-in plenty of time between when you ctb and when you're discovered... otherwise, if there is any chance, emergency services almost certainly will try to revive you.

If you're poisoned yourself to ctb, your organs are most likely uselessness.

If suicide were truly legal (so someone could help you without risk)... if there was truly a real "exit sign" here... suiciding under medical supervision and then donating organs would be a big, beneficial possibility -- if recipients would be willing to accept organs from a suicide... which, I suspect some wouldn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlmc045
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
I'm the opposite, made a point of opting out. Where I am they would flick the switch to finish you just to get your organs. It's BIG business for hospitals, just like the blood you donate which they sell for a profit. Your goodwill is abused. Yes even the nhs. No way I will do anything to benefit the medical mafia.

mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
So this is how I came to peace with my first attempt. I thought if I donated my organs at least something good can come out of it. I was unsuccessful clearly and am now more concerned about CTB than risking failure to do something that probably won't happen anyway.

It will depend on which country you're in. In the UK, there's a coroner involved in cases of suicide, and there's an inquest to investigate the circumstances so it really slows down the process (but not always). If you are found with life-threatening injuries, and die in the Intensive Care Unit, your organs may be suitable for donation (as they're mechanically kept going by machines). There was a case a few years ago where a young girl was found hanging but not dead, and died in hospital. She donated 6 organs I think. HOWEVER, there's a chance you'll be 'saved'. So it's not very full proof.

You need to be found quite soon, and most methods are ruled out. Some people who die by drowning become organ donors, but that is quite rare. In general less than 3% of deaths result in organ donation, and especially not those that occur outside a hospital setting. Most out of hospital organ donors are from motor vehicle accidents, but that is a very unpredictable way to go.

Interestingly, the number of organ donors from various drug overdoses have increased significantly over the years (in America I think, largely due to the opioid epidemic, not sure globally) although the kidneys and liver are often discarded. Also a lot of the time your organs aren't viable for donation, so don't count on it

Potentially gunshot to the head might work, and is a common source of organ donation, because your heart keeps pumping after you're brain-dead (I think) so your organs don't die.

Neck stabbing victims make good organ donors sometimes. What I personally tried to do was cut the carotid artery in my neck near enough to a hospital to be found quickly, but too late to be saved. Ideally I would have stumbled closer almost dead, so my organs survived but I didn't. Had a note ready with my organ donation card. However, despite carefully studying neck anatomy, it's a lot harder to access than you would want or imagine. My (Swiss army) knife wasn't sharp enough to cut the way a scalpel does. You may feel your pulse but without actually stabbing yourself you probably won't be able to do it and I knew I wasn't going to able to stab myself in the neck, after realising trying to cut would be unsuccessful. I factored in that it would be super painful and probably impossible without anaesthesia but thought I would be able to bear it if I was quick (and it wouldn't be worse than the mental anguish), but a paper cut makes me cry. It would also have been VERY messy in terms of blood everywhere but I was hoping to minimise that by 'plugging' the incision with an empty water bottle to contain the blood but not stop the flow. I was also VERY scared of being unsuccessful and ending up surviving with debilitating brain damage, because I would not want to live like that. Anyways, it was a silly plan.

Sometimes tissue donation is possible where organ donation isn't, but I wouldn't be too hopeful of either if your main goal is to CTB. Sending love and light your way❤️

• Love
Reactions: Disco Biscuit
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
In the UK they will take your organs unless you opt out (if they are usable). I find it despicable, the system is corrupt as it is, this just fuels it.

constant_grief

constant_grief

Nov 25, 2020
If you are able to, you could always donate blood. Safe easy and you will definitely be helping someone.

Reactions: mlmc045
mlmc045

mlmc045

Dec 6, 2020
In the UK they will take your organs unless you opt out (if they are usable). I find it despicable, the system is corrupt as it is, this just fuels it.
While I don't disagree that the system is a mess, it's a bit more difficult if the circumstances are considered unnatural or they choose to do a post mortem though.

D

deadverysoon

so f****ing ready
Aug 19, 2021
reminds me of a film with will smith.

but i poison myself - so donate my organs would be a bad idea :D

AtMostOkay

AtMostOkay

Screw your courage to the sticking place.
Jun 29, 2021
I'm using myself up before I go.

Mothers Day Reaction GIF by HULU

8evergo

8evergo

Mage
Oct 20, 2021
wen es einen deftige Grund gibt bin ich jetzt bereit zu gehen sonst habe ich noch was zu erledigen