GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
She was very vague and just said it in general terms. I perceived her as being diplomatic, and "feedback" is a safe and gently word to use I guess. That's what I got from it at least. She didn't say anything about my work, but I told her about the call I got and she went quickly over to my future work situation and the general work environment when students are around. I don't know if that answers your question.

No, I mean what feedback did you get from the phone call? The feedback she said she trusted you'd take?

darkness falls

darkness falls

Oct 22, 2020
I think people often forget how much self sacrifice is involved in the medical field. And from what I've seen it's the good people who suffer the most. Hardworking and good people like you are often waylaid or run over by those in it for greed or power over others. And I think it happens at all levels of medicine.

I'm so sorry. She sounds like an insufferable nightmare to work with. And it's not fair to you. I hope others will see the truth and you end up being respected and admired for trying to do the right thing. Instead of being treated like garbage for the sake of work politics. Just disgusting and I truly feel for you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni, TattiQueen and Lotus
Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
No, I mean what feedback did you get from the phone call? The feedback she said she trusted you'd take?

She doesn't know the details about what was said in the phone call. She just knows that the phone call took place. So she was talking about feedback in more general terms. It's difficult to be more specific about it, because she didn't say or focus on what was said in the phone call, just a general "I think you'll do a good job further on".
I think people often forget how much self sacrifice is involved in the medical field. And from what I've seen it's the good people who suffer the most. Hardworking and good people like you are often waylaid or run over by those in it for greed or power over others. And I think it happens at all levels of medicine.

I'm so sorry. She sounds like an insufferable nightmare to work with. And it's not fair to you. I hope others will see the truth and you end up being respected and admired for trying to do the right thing. Instead of being treated like garbage for the sake of work politics. Just disgusting and I truly feel for you.

Thanks a lot for your kindness. I talked to my therapist about this, and he basically said what you're saying. I hope you're right, and thanks again. I appreciate you taking the time to write that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria, GoodPersonEffed and darkness falls
TattiQueen

TattiQueen

Student
Sep 12, 2020
Personally, it sounds like she is picking on you. Please don't beat yourself up. I hope when speaking to the boss you DO mention the fact that they don't delegate any duties to you, but then treat you like shit because you don't just jump in and do THEIR duties. I know it sucks honey, I do, but you're going to have to push back just a little, ok? These women seem to be testing you. Keep working your ass off but show them you won't back down and you aren't their doormat. You won't go away that easy! Sending gigantic warm hugs and loads of love ! XOXO

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Lotus and darkness falls
Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
Personally, it sounds like she is picking on you. Please don't beat yourself up. I hope when speaking to the boss you DO mention the fact that they don't delegate any duties to you, but then treat you like shit because you don't just jump in and do THEIR duties. I know it sucks honey, I do, but you're going to have to push back just a little, ok? These women seem to be testing you. Keep working your ass off but show them you won't back down and you aren't their doormat. You won't go away that easy! Sending gigantic warm hugs and loads of love ! XOXO

Thanks a lot for saying that. I know that I should do that, but I'm too afraid to be labeled as the difficult employee. I will try to push back a little step by step, but still be kind and hardworking, and hope that I get more respect eventually. Thanks for your support. Gonna go to my next shift now in a couple of minutes, and I just hope the day goes by fast.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: woxihuanni and TattiQueen
TattiQueen

TattiQueen

Student
Sep 12, 2020
I will try to push back a little step by step, but still be kind and hardworking, and hope that I get more respect eventually.

Yes love, little by little, exactly that way. You don't have to be mean, rude, brash, not at all. Just show them they aren't able to push you around or run you off. Good luck today darling! Let us know how it goes ♥️

• Love
Reactions: Lotus
Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
Yes love, little by little, exactly that way. You don't have to be mean, rude, brash, not at all. Just show them they aren't able to push you around or run you off. Good luck today darling! Let us know how it goes ♥
Thank you so much. :hug:

Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
So the head of the unit just called me and said that I had received great feedback from this weekend. I should be happy about it, but I still just feel like I'm being punched in the stomach. I'm so nauseous all the time, and I bet it's the anxiety kicking in. She told me again about the complaints I got and that she had such a good feeling about the conversation we had (my eyes rolled so hard at this point), so I'm feeling beaten down just thinking about it. I know it's all about that one nurse where I need to do exactly what she wants of me for her not to go to the boss. The other nurses I worked with was so surprised that I helped them so much and that they've never experienced that before.

I'm gonna talk to my therapist tomorrow, and I was asked to do another shift on Wednesday. I just hope I get over this whole thing soon. I have very mixed emotions, and I'm taking it out on other people by overreacting to what they're saying and doing. I don't want to be a person like that, and I wish I could just turn my emotions off.

• Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni
Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
So I'm very fragile lately. I worked yesterday evening and I'm currently working a day shift today. The first thing that happened when I walked in this morning was a nurse calling me out because a patient wasn't satisfied with the way I was with her yesterday. I feel so bummed out. Felt humiliated. It was the first time meeting the patient, so I know it can take some time getting a nice flow, but the nurse talked to me like I've done something really awful. I talked to the other nurses on my day shift and they told me not to worry and that the patient is difficult in that way to everyone. I also talked to the patient and asked how she felt about yesterday's shift and told her that I want her to feel that she's taken care of here.

But I don't know what to think about all of this. I hope this nurse that called me out doesn't go to my bosses about this. I have exams coming up next week, and I know that I'm very sensitive about work after I received the call from the head of the unit. I've received lots of compliments as well, but depression and low self esteem makes it tough to believe. And when I do a small mistake, even though it's not my intention, I feel like I've done something completely wrong. I feel like I'm being criticized and punished, and not receiving constructice feedback to improve how I work.

Just needed to get this out. Currently taking a break. I have to go to the patient I was talking about in a few minutes to try to motivate her to get up.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Silver, profoundexperience and Apathy79
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Hey, it sounds like you are doing a great and caring job.

Was it useful feedback or was it not fair?

Keep your chin up, you are amazing.

• Love
Reactions: Lotus
Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
Hey, it sounds like you are doing a great and caring job.

Was it useful feedback or was it not fair?

Keep your chin up, you are amazing.
Thanks for the support. I'm not sure, and I hate that it makes me uncertain that I'm doing a god job or not. It was very vague, both the first time and the shift this weekend. When I tried to take the last patient up with the other nurses that know the patient better, they were very reassuring and nice about it, so it kinda leaves me hanging. I can't really get a good hold on what the problem was. And the patient didn't say much either. I'm just so tired of drama, and getting called out so seriously for something that seems like a minor thing that happens when you work in a place like this. I'm obviously still learning, but when I get feedback I want it to be fair and something I can lead to growth. Not just feel like shit.